Various Members Using Several Alias's

Colin James

I have been monitoring several members on HV for quite sometime following several security alerts I received from the system.

I have with immediate effect suspeneded all new registrations, pending this enquiry.

I have turned off the messenger system to all members with the exception of Councillors, Administrators and Moderators. Once I have gathered all of this information and downloaded all the relevant material, I will turn this messenger system back on. Please bare with me because there is quite a bit of material to go through! 

If anyone has any questions or further information that they would like to share with me, in confidence, please email me direct by clicking here

lol! I will sleep soundly tonight as I only have one account under my own name. 

Interrogation of private messages sounds like it might be greeted with a couple of raised eyebrows but I ain't sent anything dodgy there either! I look forward to the Inquiry findings! Hopefully it will report back sooner than the Chilcot Inquiry! :-)

Interrogation of private messages sounds like it might be greeted with a couple of raised eyebrows but I ain't sent anything dodgy there either! I look forward to the Inquiry findings! Hopefully it will report back sooner than the Chilcot Inquiry! :-)

Roger I'm sure you sleep soundly in your bed every night?…I don't think it will take as long as the chilcot inquiry as I'm sure Colin will not be suppressing the release of his findings?

It is actually a "messenger" I notice, I cannot find anything that says it being private but I am sure the alias is a person who does not actually exisit, yes?  :Grin:

Roger I'm sure you sleep soundly in your bed every night? 

I'm not in my own bed every night but if I am I sleep very sound indeed! 

I'm sure IP addresses will figure in this inquiry quite highly. I love a good investigation! We just got to sort out the punishment now (innocent until proven guilty of course.) Maybe a poll ? I suggest that at the very least it involves throwing tomatoes at the offender. In as Public a space as possible! :-)

Me too

I'm not in my own bed every night but if I am I sleep very sound indeed! 

I'm sure IP addresses will figure in this inquiry quite highly. I love a good investigation! We just got to sort out the punishment now (innocent until proven guilty of course.) Maybe a poll ? I suggest that at the very least it involves throwing tomatoes at the offender. In as Public a space as possible! :-)

Yes IP addresses play a part and so do people using proxies and various free email offerings. We also have a unique little gps carrier inline which also provides very useful information too. There are also some other excellent features on our system that detects various other things. 

We also have a unique little gps carrier inline which also provides very useful information too. There are also some other excellent features on our system that detects various other things. 

GPS is my favourite feature of a phone. Swarm is my very fav. app on the phone. Sorry for going off topic! 

The ones that always shout loudest are usually the ones with something to hide in my opinion.

I'm not against people who shout loudly under an identity you can pin down ~ which may be a pseudonym. It's called free speech. Colin has promoted that from the start. With more minimal moderation than I have seen on other Forums. But I am against deceit to try and promote some point being made. Which Colin is suggesting. 

I knew it!! Colin has been investigating some members for a long time, now at long last you will all see who the deceitful ones are of that I am sure. The ones that always shout loudest are usually the ones with something to hide in my opinion.   :Happy_32:  :Happy_32:  

Their absence is becoming obvious. Glad I met Colin at the Victory last year and had a pint together and exchanged numbers. 

It's sad that it has had to come to this, but I guess that is the way of the world these days.

some people just seem to want to cause hurt and grief just to get their kicks.

Good luck with the investigation Colin.  If people have nothing to hide, then they have nothing to worry about either.

It's a shame that not all the big social media administrators weren't as diligent.

Colin my dear and good friend. Whilst I know that these last few weeks have been difficult and much of it is as a result of 'me' and the thread I created, I know that this is a mistake for you and everyone else.

Don't do it old friend. It's self defeating and only serves to fuel further division. Put it down Col. Let it be. No good comes from these things.

My very warmest regards to you and everyone else who taps upon these pages.

Colin my dear and good friend. Whilst I know that these last few weeks have been difficult and much of it is as a result of 'me' and the thread I created, I know that this is a mistake for you and everyone else.

Don't do it old friend. It's self defeating and only serves to fuel further division. Put it down Col. Let it be. No good comes from these things.

My very warmest regards to you and everyone else who taps upon these pages.

I thought I read somewhere that you had decided to leave HV again bobby? I hoped this was not the case because I sincerely enjoy reading your topics but it is funny what topics suddenly bring people back..

You have always been a good admin Col, you do what you think is right and the best for HV buddy. In over 20 years running forums to be fair, your rarely get it wrong so stick with your gut instinct. When you highlighted this little lot to me a few months ago when I stayed at yours, I knew then you wouldn't let it rest there and good for you.  :Thumbs-Up:

I'm not against people who shout loudly under an identity you can pin down ~ which may be a pseudonym. It's called free speech. Colin has promoted that from the start. With more minimal moderation than I have seen on other Forums. But I am against deceit to try and promote some point being made. Which Colin is suggesting. 

I am in agreement Roger. I came to HV because I was sick and tired of having my replies edited or deleted on other local sites at least here the moderators take a more sensible approach and not very often are topics edited, occasionally they are removed but usually that is the only option left. Good luck with your investigation.

Perhaps this explains some of my posts.

I often see my user name and say to myself - did I actually write that?

Now I can be sure it was someone else using my username!! :Winky:​

Colin - could you arrange for a filter so that if I have had Stowfords Press I cannot post. :Happy_32:

If you want to see the carnage multiple user names etc. can cause have a look at HFC's forum

​