Various Members Using Several Alias's

Colin James

I've not posted here since the unpleasant Cardin incident and I won't be posting again. In my view, if there are discrepancies they should be dealt with in private, not public, until such time as guilt has been proven.

dippyhippy's contribution to the forum has been enormous and this is no way to repay that, regardless of suspicions. Likewise this last response to GridKnocker is uncalled for. The voice of reason that is bobby47 has called it right once again, but to no avail it seems.

It's Colin's forum and he can deal with matters as he thinks fit, but I'm out. That said, I can't see any way to delete my details - is this like facebook where you can check out but never leave?

I've not posted here since the unpleasant Cardin incident and I won't be posting again. In my view, if there are discrepancies they should be dealt with in private, not public, until such time as guilt has been proven.[/size]

dippyhippy's contribution to the forum has been enormous and this is no way to repay that, regardless of suspicions. Likewise this last response to GridKnocker is uncalled for. The voice of reason that is bobby47 has called it right once again, but to no avail it seems.

It's Colin's forum and he can deal with matters as he thinks fit, but I'm out. That said, I can't see any way to delete my details - is this like facebook where you can check out but never leave?

It's my view that the Cardin incident as you put it TWG was the start of this abscess. Perhaps you are right that some things should be dealt with in private however that never seemed to bother Mr Cardin who was quite free and public with his statements.

It is sad that others have been absorbed into this as they do seem to have been major contributors to this site however speaking as one that never aspires to be part of a special club it's sad that loyalties and allegiances appear to have removed what appears to be the old guard some of which clearly helped to grow this forum site.

With this in mind and an imminent parting of the ways I hope those departing members respect the continual positive work done by some of those that remain including our administrator.

I've not posted here since the unpleasant Cardin incident and I won't be posting again. In my view, if there are discrepancies they should be dealt with in private, not public, until such time as guilt has been proven.

TWG, I totally agree, dippy has made huge contributions to HV along with many other members, but what has that got to do with anything? I don't remember saying otherwise and I am not suggesting that this member has done anything either! I only said, I was investing certain accounts and dippy's was one of them. I know you are all good friends but you all really need to calm down, I do not understand why you are all panickling and coming out in people's defence? So have they done anything wrong then?

I would just like to point out that no personal information about anyone will be given out.I have only listed accounts/alias's that have had suspicious activity and as any the administrator I am excercising my rights to investigate.

This first came to light when I had received a secuiry alert several months ago which resulted in me banning a few IP Address's, I then received a few emails from various people asking if they had been banned, to which I replied no, this then highlighted other unusual activity, where people were logging in as others and on behalf of other people too, which is not permitted. My invetigation continues for now.

I had a really nice telephone conversation with Paul Cardin (WirralPC) this afternoon and explained to him exactly what has gone on behind the scenes. I think both Paul and I have a different opinion of one another now, I know, I certainly do.

I am out of the country at the moment but will be making some small changes next week.

What is with all the leaving announcements? If you no longer want to contribute then just do exactly that. I have noticed at least one thing this topic has managed to do and that is to get all these people who apparently left to come back, funny that. Just let Colin do his job, I admire him for informing us, so it depends which side of the fence you are sat.

May I have a word please?

You know who I am and I will tell it as I see it or with the information I am able to give you. Sometimes it is not possible to give you the information you are asking for simply because it is too difficult on here to explain and then to come back to answer questions.

This is why I have a monthly surgery.

It is good to give your MP and Councillors a kicking. IF you got the full facts which has seldom been the case on here.

When people with false names, or an agenda come on line and slag off everyone/ anyone then HV is brought into disrepute. For at least 12 months, councillors and officers have had a good laugh tabloid its content. Sorry Colin, but you want me to tell the truth?!

What Colin is doing now is great and we should support him. Only then will people like myself be prepared to give you the full information you require.

So to the poster who suggested that Graham Powell had never cycled down GWW. Never heard of people parking at Belmont and getting their cycles out to use the GWW? You could not possibly know if he did or not so please, only post if you know what you are talking about.

May I have a word please?

You know who I am and I will tell it as I see it or with the information I am able to give you. Sometimes it is not possible to give you the information you are asking for simply because it is too difficult on here to explain and then to come back to answer questions.

This is why I have a monthly surgery.

It is good to give your MP and Councillors a kicking. IF you got the full facts which has seldom been the case on here.

When people with false names, or an agenda come on line and slag off everyone/ anyone then HV is brought into disrepute. For at least 12 months, councillors and officers have had a good laugh tabloid its content. Sorry Colin, but you want me to tell the truth?!

What Colin is doing now is great and we should support him. Only then will people like myself be prepared to give you the full information you require.

So to the poster who suggested that Graham Powell had never cycled down GWW. Never heard of people parking at Belmont and getting their cycles out to use the GWW? You could not possibly know if he did or not so please, only post if you know what you are talking about.

Don't you think you councillors have a duty to correct people if they say something which has no truth behind it, to refute such rumourmongering when it occurs? no wonder there is a lot of mistrust of herefordshire council from the public they do not communicate with the public apart from you chris & poss a couple of others but to be fair it's a poor show that elected councillors can not engage with members of the wider public it shows a kind of arrogance & lack of respect for the wider community!!!

Shouldnt this really be delt with by the moderators and if members are behaving outside of the forum rules either warned or banned and not be aired for discussion?

Valid point. As with Maverick who had to hang his head in shame for a while after this bombshell:

Maverick is one alias that has been used by 'several members' and this account is currently under investigation. 

Seems that his account being accessed by 'several members' was an open and shut case. But it wasn't and he has been cleared. How the system wrongly showed that his account was being misused only Colin knows. But Maverick may still be having sleepless nights about being publicly accused of potential Forum Rule breaches.

This seems to mirror the case of Sir Cliff Richard who had his Berkshire Mansion publicly raided over certain 'allegations' of an unpleasant nature. Hung out to dry by the BBC who covered the raid in August 2014. No charges have ever been brought and they are now airing his new song 'Golden' on Radio 2 quite happily. 

Cliff-Richard-20-Golden-Greats-290160.jp

Chris Chappell I think it was me who said about Graham Powell cycling home on the GWW I believe I said he would be cycling in the wrong direction for home and would have a very long trip home - if I was so inclined I would find the message.  Chris Chappell I am pleased that you and your fellow Councillors have found Hereford Voice so amusing. Perhaps if the Council became more transparent there would not be the necessity of Hereford Voice and we would all feel that we had value for money from our Council.  

Chris you do amazingly good work don't go and spoil it.

PS I am probably one of the few on here who actually knows of the village in which Graham Powell resides

To show how arrogant the council are & how they hold the people of this county with utter contempt they cancelled there meeting with the HCS tonight because they did not want to talk about the core strategy??!!…I'm sure chris will be able to confirm or dismiss this rumour?

Well im no alias can assure you I dont even understand the thread and how to do multiple anything im sure colin will confirm this and only reason I wont be able to sleep tonight is to work out what this thread is going on about. Me and modern tecnology dont get on I aint got a clue.Sleep well all

Flypaper approach. Used quite often elsewhere. Hang a name out there and see what gets attracted to it. 

Sticky_Fly_paper.jpg

To be honest Roger a lot of people use this technique even on this site!

Dear Councillor Chappell.

The truth is that when all's said and done any individual who undertakes a position of office be it in politics or government should do so with the expectation that they will be shot at and therefore they need to be prepared.

100% approval ratings simply don't exist, there will always be someone with an unqualified axe to grind.

It doesn't matter why you undertake the role just don't expect any thanks therefore when appreciation arrives in whatever format it will take away the crap that came before it. Not very eloquent I know but I learnt many years ago to expect nothing.This site was very handy for certain would be councillors on the run up to the elections, where are they now those that survived those that fell. Only a few like yourself continue to engage but most are silent. It served a purpose four months ago.

This site was very handy for certain would be councillors on the run up to the elections, where are they now those that survived those that fell. Only a few like yourself continue to engage but most are silent. It served a purpose four months ago.

I agree completely. Also Glenda lost and withdrew etc and I totally appreciate her continued engagement on this site. 

greenknight, I agree with you where are all the candidates/ councillors that came on here in the run up to the elections that has now disappeared?. I have been a member on here since 2010 when Colin started what was then Belmont Voice and he asked me to join which I did. I have had a lot of posters running me down over that time, and just in the past few weeks, but I have taken it all and stayed as a member. My only fault  that people don't like is I speak my mind, always have, always will  please or offend at least you know where you stand with me. looking at post 69 where its been said that councillors / officers have had a good laugh at what has been said on HV the answer to that is I don't think so what they don't like is what has been written is true, and as the saying goes truth hurts!

For at least 12 months, councillors and officers have had a good laugh tabloid its content. Sorry Colin, but you want me to tell the truth?!

Tabloid content does not necessarily equal untruth - the popular press sometimes do a bloody good job at exposing wrongdoing of our so called betters.

Anyway, nice to hear you and your colleagues are having a jolly good chuckle over things like the systematic bullying of disabled staff. Far easier than actually doing something about it. Or are you saying it didn't happen?

Cambo & Denise, please don't lump all council employees in the same boat.

I know for a fact that the vast majority of them are working extremely hard under continuing difficult circumstances.

For you to accuse the council en masse of treating the public with utter contempt and lurking around HV for their entertainment would, I think, be a bit of a slap in the face for many of them, and rather disrespectful...

Cambo & Denise, please don't lump all council employees in the same boat.

I know for a fact that the vast majority of them are working extremely hard under continuing difficult circumstances.

For you to accuse the council en masse of treating the public with utter contempt and lurking around HV for their entertainment would, I think, be a bit of a slap in the face for many of them, and rather disrespectful...

Clarkster my rant was not aimed at those who work in the council but rather at those who are elected councillors especially the Tories who never come on HV to answer there critics or to explain themselves take Harry bramer yesterday I found myself behind him in traffic on Ross rd he nows who i am & could see I was directly behind in traffic,in his haste to avoid me (not that he is on my radar at present) he went straight through a red light at asda roundabout he did not get far because the next set too was on red so I found myself behind him again so he starts lane hopping to get away why I don't know? I then find myself sat next to him on Victoria st he would not even make eye contact but kept looking straight head so this is what we're dealing with elect people who are spineless!

So apologise if you thought I was having a go at the staff it was not aimed at them.

Colin is going to go mad at us lot and we will all be banned.

Anyway I was not going to say any more on this stray thread however I will just say that to be told that I am being laughed at does not bring out the best in me.  Two wrongs do not make a right but I will just say that  Chris Chappell made the comment -

"For at least 12 months, councillors and officers have had a good laugh tabloid its content. Sorry Colin, but you want me to tell the truth?"

so I think I can be forgiven for allowing human nature to take over and retaliate.  

I do apologise to the hard working genuine honest Council employees and Councillors and they know which ones they are.  I did not mean to cause any offence to them.  When you are elected as a Councillor I think it so important to stick with the principles you were initially elected for.

End  

I have spoken at length with dippyhippy over the past week and exchanged emails and I have concluded that this person and their topics and posts to be completely 100% genuine, which I must stress, I thought this to be the case all along, nevertheless, some unusual activity raised the alarm and I had to investigate. 

• 1. To clear this members name and reputation
  • 2. Check the security of the forum.
  • 3. Protect private details of this member

This account had been used by another IP and I was concerned it may of become compromised as in the case of Maverick. This has now been resolved and additional security measures have been implemented. I am not going into all the security details involved.

dippyhippy's account is no longer suspended and able to access the forum. I apologise for any inconvenience or stress this may have caused this member. 

Some new security measures have been implemented to immediately highlight anything of this nature reoccurring.

flamboyant - I have concluded that this person and their topics and posts to be completely 100% genuine,  however, although I have no intentions of going into the full details, but it was brought to my attention that several members actually live at the same address, hence why the system flagged up, what appeared to be suspicious activity. I needed to investigate for the same reasons listed above in my last post. I have spoken with other members of the household and I am pleased to confirm that this account is no longer suspended and able to now access the forum.

Some additional security measures have been implemented to immediately highlight anything of this nature reoccurring again. I will also add an amendment to the rules with regard to multiple accounts from the same location.

The following members have been banned: 

blevs02@yahoo.co.uk

andi.j

These members I have been monitoring for quite sometime and although they are not that active they had logged in as one another and also exchanged some disturbing details using messenger which proved their guilt. 

I still have some investigating going on behind the scenes and I hope to have all of this concluded within the next few days.

After a lot of thought, I have decided to disable the reputation/arrows + and - from the system as a trial. Although this system has its benefits I believe it can also fuel and cause unnecessary animosity between members. If this proves to be successful in restoring some harmony again for some members then I will leave it disabled permanently.

Because Greenknight you have not stepped out of line and received a warning from Colin so it is something to be relieved about.

Colin well done for sorting this sorry state of affairs out and I hope some form of peace and harmony will now be restored.  You Colin and Dippy play such a vital part to the success of this site and hope in time Dippy will feel able to contribute once again.

People are such extraordinary creatures I would not have the inclination to hack into somebody's elses account nor the knowledge.  

Colin can you just answer me a question how many people have access to an individual's messenger service apart from the send and the recipient(s)?