Tents on Edgar Street roundabout

adamski

Her kids are with their father as she has split from him.
She want a 3 bed house so they can stay with her on occasions,this is why she is refusing a 1 bed flat/house.
Went past the roundabout today and it looks a mess with timber structures/props being put up with a load of balloons attached.

Her kids are with their father as she has split from him.

She want a 3 bed house so they can stay with her on occasions,this is why she is refusing a 1 bed flat/house.

Went past the roundabout today and it looks a mess with timber structures/props being put up with a load of balloons attached.

It's still an accident waiting to happen in my view.

Just read this on the HT website, no smoke without fire.

I haven't had time to scan through all of the comments but the consensus is clear. I know of Sam and have done for many years. She is a difficult individual with a host of personal issues ranging from substance abuse to crime and so forth... No surprise to anyone who knows her that social services tried to have her children stay with her but she repeatedly went of the rails and blew every opportunity. She had a lovely house in Lower Bullinghan for a few years and a car bought for her, and with benefits a plenty, but she is a self destructive personality and in my opinion has burnt her bridges with social services, housing and NHS assistance. 

The news story doesn't and can't reflect the truth of her plight and I do feel a little sorry for her but a victim she is not. She is obviously 'camping out on da roundabout' in an attempt to gain public sympathy as a mechanism to obtain accommodation she isn't entitled to and money she will spend on anything but the essentials. As for her being a self employed hairdresser that is a crock... She owns a pair of scissors and a delusion of hairdressing abilities. 

She needs shifting but I don't know where and as for her kids they are far far better off being elsewhere, permanently.

Police Statement:

“Everyone has rights. You have the right to live how you choose and you have the right to decline assistance if you wish.

"You can decline to claim benefits and decline assistance with accommodation, if you wish. This is a right everyone has and a right that this lady has chosen for herself.

“We have linked in with the Outreach Worker, whose last visit was July 13, where she offered the woman another option of temporary accommodation, this was declined.

“This type of offer has been made before and declined.

"She has been offered advice and assistance with benefits, this has too been declined.

“We would like to reassure the community that although this woman has chosen not to engage with us or the services available to her we will continue to check on her as her wellbeing and safety is paramount.

“We are aware that the location she is in is not ideal, for her or for road users.

"We urge road users to be observant whilst in the area of the roundabout to ensure their own safety and the safety of this woman.”

Anyone willing to discuss how the police work with partners to address issues relating to homelessness in Hereford should call the team on 101.

If someone gets killed, she will of achieved her maximum effect, at least then she will have a roof over her head that she won't be able to refuse, its called prison.  :Hmm:

I have never seen anything like it, an absolute pi*% take, this idiot should be removed from the roundabout, I am surprised she is still there.

I genuinely think it's wonderful. Anyone, man or woman, both sexes are equally capable of pi.ss.ing about, who can generate such hostility from simply camping on a traffic island is alright by me.

This weekend I fully intend to give her a tenner, some ale, tobacco and a kebab in order that she can carry on doing next to nothing bad so that it can irritate and cause such widespread vitriol. Well done good woman!

You can be a senior Council Director and use your position to appropriate and probably purloin thousands from the public and not a peep of protest or anger from the sheep of our society. Yet, pop a young Doris in a tent in the middle of a traffic island and you quickly get demonised and branded a menace.

She's no menace. We're the problem. We're so used to being directed to do exactly what we're told we've lost sight of who is the real threat to our happy contented lives and find it easy to attack someone who doesn't conform.

I genuinely think it's wonderful. Anyone, man or woman, both sexes are equally capable of pi.ss.ing about, who can generate such hostility from simply camping on a traffic island is alright by me.

This weekend I fully intend to give her a tenner, some ale, tobacco and a kebab in order that she can carry on doing next to nothing bad so that it can irritate and cause such widespread vitriol. Well done good woman!

You can be a senior Council Director and use your position to appropriate and probably purloin thousands from the public and not a peep of protest or anger from the sheep of our society. Yet, pop a young Doris in a tent in the middle of a traffic island and you quickly get demonised and branded a menace.

She's no menace. We're the problem. We're so used to being directed to do exactly what we're told we've lost sight of who is the real threat to our happy contented lives and find it easy to attack someone who doesn't conform.

I sincerely hope that nobody has an accident being distracted or even faced with a tent blowing down the street. It is easy to joke and raise a glass to this woman but her behaviour is beyond belief, she was reported to the police last night I heard today for squatting and going to the toilet in full view, personally, I think this behaviour in public is disgusting. Have you seen the amount of rubbish on the grass building up there already? I saw paper flying around earlier when we came past on the bus. I could not believe the police statement,  

" We urge road users to be observant whilst in the area of the roundabout to ensure their own safety and the safety of this woman.â€

Why should the hundreds of daily motorists be more observant? Would be a lot easier to address a one person rather than hundreds? Prevention is better than a cure and she should be removed, if she was a traveller she would of been removed by now.

Some poor motorist could end up knocker her over and they would be the ones to blame no doubt.

I will laugh my head off is someone pissed up gives her a good slapping, stupid cow, what does she want? I have read the police statement and there seems to be no pleasing this nutcase. I agree with some other members that she is making a right mess with all sorts of crap building up, it won't be long before something happens to either her or a motorist, motorcyclist, lorry driver or bus, mark my words.

Went around the roundabout this evening - boy, was Ms LAMPUTT struggling. The rain was coming down, the wind getting up and the tent misbehaving as she was trying to tether it down. Bit like a typical camping holiday in the U.K. The camping/protest thing I can just about live with, but why does she need to build such outlandish artistic structures? It's like the kids would make in Mad Max's 'Beyond Thunderdome'. And where do all her handcarts and trolleys come from. Surely someone has missed them by now?!?

Went around the roundabout this evening - boy, was Ms LAMPUTT struggling. The rain was coming down, the wind getting up and the tent misbehaving as she was trying to tether it down. Bit like a typical camping holiday in the U.K. The camping/protest thing I can just about live with, but why does she need to build such outlandish artistic structures? It's like the kids would make in Mad Max's 'Beyond Thunderdome'. And where do all her handcarts and trolleys come from. Surely someone has missed them by now?!?

How much mess can she make there before something is done about it? Surely she is becoming a public nuisance?

I hope it pours down all week and we have a few nice storms  

I will laugh my head off is someone pissed up gives her a good slapping, stupid cow, what does she want?

That's nice, inciting violence against a woman who appears to be mentally ill. Regardless of the rights and wrongs of her case your post is despicable. Next time you get the urge to speak your brain and share the benefits of your wisdom via keyboard do us all a favour and don't bother.

That's nice, inciting violence against a woman who appears to be mentally ill. Regardless of the rights and wrongs of her case your post is despicable. Next time you get the urge to speak your brain and share the benefits of your wisdom via keyboard do us all a favour and don't bother.

I couldn't give a toss what you think matey, she was sticking her middle finger up to people in the traffic only yesterday and was also seen having a pi*%, so she ain't no angel, so please don't paint her as a victim already without knowing the facts. All the do gooders are all to quick to play the "victim" card, and I ain't buying it, she is a pain in the arse, she has been offered help and refuses it, so I am not entirely sure what she actually wants? I came past at 6am this morning and the amount of crap and rubbish building up is a bloody joke, unless they move her it will encourage more victims to join her.

Oh come on, he is hardly inciting violence so lets not exaggerate, makes me laugh, quick to condemn people for making of the cuff remarks made out of frustration, yet says nothing about the person causing as distraction on Herefords busiest junction, which is as accident just waiting to happen, most people accept that. Unreal, you couldn't make it up   :Angry:

Dare I say it I think the truth of the matter is the authorities just do not know what to do with this lady and whilst on the roundabout they know where she is.  

I think this is a poor excuse Denise, the authorities need to remove her from this location before some sort of incident happens.

(First post so just ignore me...only got dragged in because I passed her camp going to Asda this afternoon....and now my little lad wants to build a 'base/den' on a roundabout at Stretton Sugwas)

Shouldn't worry too much....a wet summer and a freezing autumn might change her mind.

I do wonder where she's getting water and washing - and taking care of other bodily functions though.  And if she's not claiming any benefits, what's she eating?

As for the Council?  I suspect that she has 'mental health issues' and the photo opportunity of uniformed British Police dragging an ill woman away isn't one I'd like to see.  I'd imagine that the Council, Police and Health Authorities are discussing the best way to end the situation for her and everyone's best interests.

Still, in Russia she'd have quietly disappeared ages ago - makes you proud we live in a country where that doesn't happen.

(First post so just ignore me...only got dragged in because I passed her camp going to Asda this afternoon....and now my little lad wants to build a 'base/den' on a roundabout at Stretton Sugwas)

Shouldn't worry too much....a wet summer and a freezing autumn might change her mind.

I do wonder where she's getting water and washing - and taking care of other bodily functions though.  And if she's not claiming any benefits, what's she eating?

As for the Council?  I suspect that she has 'mental health issues' and the photo opportunity of uniformed British Police dragging an ill woman away isn't one I'd like to see.  I'd imagine that the Council, Police and Health Authorities are discussing the best way to end the situation for her and everyone's best interests.

Still, in Russia she'd have quietly disappeared ages ago - makes you proud we live in a country where that doesn't happen.

First off all welcome to the forum, it is always noce to see and welcome new members.

I agree with the most part of your reply however, I am sure you are not suggesting that in Russia she would disappear completely...that said, they wouldn't put up with this stupidity either, equally, I am not so sure it makes me proud to live in a country that does nothing about it.

First off all welcome to the forum, it is always noce to see and welcome new members.

I agree with the most part of your reply however, I am sure you are not suggesting that in Russia she would disappear completely...that said, they wouldn't put up with this stupidity either, equally, I am not so sure it makes me proud to live in a country that does nothing about it.

100%

I've no idea whether Miss Lamputt bears any resemblance to Dame Maggie Smith (aka Miss Shepherd), or if King Bobby could double as Alan Bennett, but this unfolding story bears a striking similarity to the play / film 'The Lady in the Van'. Let's hope the good burghers of Plough Lane show slightly more compassion than the snooty residents of Camden's Gloucester Crescent!

I've no idea whether Miss Lamputt bears any resemblance to Dame Maggie Smith (aka Miss Shepherd), or if King Bobby could double as Alan Bennett, but this unfolding story bears a striking similarity to the play / film 'The Lady in the Van'. Let's hope the good burghers of Plough Lane show slightly more compassion than the snooty residents of Camden's Gloucester Crescent!

I thought she had been offered a place to live, she was previously evicted, what do you expect the people of Plough Lane to do? Just hand out another house but more to her taste perhaps? I can't believe what I am reading, if they do that, expect more idiots in tents to arrive.

I thought she had been offered a place to live, she was previously evicted, what do you expect the people of Plough Lane to do? Just hand out another house but more to her taste perhaps? I can't believe what I am reading, if they do that, expect more idiots in tents to arrive.

This is exactly what will happen. 

Agreed Bobby.

I'm pretty sure that nobody commenting on here knows the full story. Yet so many feel the urge to demean, demonise and vilify in their posts. It is truly depressing when one comment suggests that Russia - with it's record of human rights abuses - would be better placed to deal with this lady.

It's a sad state of affairs when folk feel they can post threats, and barely anybody condemns their words.

I hope all of the 'I'm alright Jacks' on here, never have the misfortune to find themselves on the fringes of society....or they might just find themselves the subject of a Hereford Voice thread, being given a public mauling.

Thanks, nice to be here.

Lots of things happen in Russia.  

The disappearance of Tartars from the Crimea the systematic murder of gay men in Chechnya etc.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/apr/13/gay-men-targeted-chechnya-russia

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/07/special-report-crimea-tatars-endure-second-tragedy-under-russian/

But honestly, I'm not looking for a row.  I'm bloody sure if the Police thought she'd broken a Law they'd have moved her on.  Personally I think she's a sandwich short of a picnic and needs to go back on her Meds.  Saying that, if she hasn't broken a law (and I know bugger all about that kind of law) then there's nothing they can do.  I doubt the Council want her there any more than we do but if she is mentally ill dragging her off won't achieve much, she'll just wander back.  

The cold this winter will make the mad cow think again I suspect, that's if the medical professionals haven't solved the situation.

Still proud to live in a country that protects the less fortunate, that offers homes to those who have none and doesn't send in the Police to deal with those suffering from mental illness.

Agreed Bobby.

I'm pretty sure that nobody commenting on here knows the full story. Yet so many feel the urge to demean, demonise and vilify in their posts. It is truly depressing when one comment suggests that Russia - with it's record of human rights abuses - would be better placed to deal with this lady.

It's a sad state of affairs when folk feel they can post threats, and barely anybody condemns their words.

I hope all of the 'I'm alright Jacks' on here, never have the misfortune to find themselves on the fringes of society....or they might just find themselves the subject of a Hereford Voice thread, being given a public mauling.

On the flip side, your are one of those people quick enough to demonise the local authorities too without knowing the full facts quite often, I notice that you tend to side with the opposite side of authority usually all of the time, other members share the same views that whoever it happens to be is the victim and all the people having to make decisions are the bad guys? What gives? 

Away from this particular topic and person, I find it frustrating to often hear excuses being made for some of these people, that a regular criminal has been dealt a bad card in life or a person who is addicted to drugs or alcohol is vulnerable, someone who behaves often in a anti-social manner probably has mental issues and needs help, everyone is a bloody victim. Actually, we all have choices in life and we are all responsible for our own actions, yet it seems that the people who work hard and try to better themselves by buying their own homes etc etc, like myself, I get told because I voted to the Conservatives, which is my right, I am a Tory! So am I the bad guy here?