Tents on Edgar Street roundabout

adamski

MTV, and I'd drink it my friend. I remember you from your Hereford Times days and I always enjoyed reading you. By now you've probably realised that not hating Muslims, being happy British people of disability receive benefit payments to ease their burden or tolerating those who go camping, then you tipping up on HV ain't the best decision you've made.

Anyway, for as long as you can stand the intolerance toward difference and cope with the label Left Wing Tree Hunging T.wa.t,I wish you a happy stay upon HV.

My warmest regards to you pal.

And finally MTV, understand that by extending any warmth or friendship toward me will do you no good. I'm the HV kid on the school playground who's got headlice and nobody likes. In terms of popularity I'm positioned beneath both Sonia and Peter Sutcliffe, Bubonic Plague and several other notorious tw.ats who've carried out dreadful crimes.
As for our Alex and his remarks, put it down lad. Believe me, in comparison to some other remarks made, Alex's quip is nothing to be concerning yourself with.

Colin - I find it amazing that you allow this comment to stand?

Do you really think it acceptable? If you do - it speaks volumes.

Listen, this is NOT the HT, people are entitled to their opinions and although some opinions are not always acceptable to some, quite often they are typed and said either out of frustration or done on the spur of the moment. Just because I choose not to remove it does not mean I agree, and just to clarify in this instance I do NOT agree with what this member wrote. So do you think I should remove everything that I didn't agree with? Move on...

So, to clarify...

A female who it seems was suffering from mental illness camped on a roundabout.

The authorities weighed up the social, legal and medical oppositions. Consulted with relevant Law and Health bodies and when sure of the correct measures, acted.  I could be wrong, but I think this is what they get paid to do, what they are trained for and what they are legally obliged to do.

What didn't happen was the authorities acted to appease a vocal few whose slogans are '...this ain't what I pay my taxes for' and the '...my Dad didn't fight the second world war just so _____ can do ______ (please fill in blanks)'

Luckily for society it is exactly what we pay taxes for and exactly why 'my' father fought in the war.

.........(well, to be fair he was already in the RAF in 1939 so he didn't have much choice).

Listen, this is NOT the HT, people are entitled to their opinions and although some opinions are not always acceptable to some, quite often they are typed and said either out of frustration or done on the spur of the moment. Just because I choose not to remove it does not mean I agree, and just to clarify in this instance I do NOT agree with what this member wrote. So do you think I should remove everything that I didn't agree with? Move on...

Funny you TWICE  removed my comment on the subways in Poland thread because you didnt want it "politicised" ......

"I am not making this political, all these remarks will be removed, please join in the debate with sensible comments or refrain altogether."

Funny you TWICE  removed my comment on the subways in Poland thread because you didnt want it "politicised" ......

"I am not making this political, all these remarks will be removed, please join in the debate with sensible comments or refrain altogether."

There is nothing funny about it, I think you may be taking this personally?

I cannot be expected to remember my decisions on every single comment made, there are thousands if you care to take a look, if you are at all unsure about anything please always refer to the forum rules for additional guidance.

So, to clarify...

A female who it seems was suffering from mental illness camped on a roundabout.

The authorities weighed up the social, legal and medical oppositions. Consulted with relevant Law and Health bodies and when sure of the correct measures, acted.  I could be wrong, but I think this is what they get paid to do, what they are trained for and what they are legally obliged to do.

What didn't happen was the authorities acted to appease a vocal few whose slogans are '...this ain't what I pay my taxes for' and the '...my Dad didn't fight the second world war just so _____ can do ______ (please fill in blanks)'

Luckily for society it is exactly what we pay taxes for and exactly why 'my' father fought in the war.

.........(well, to be fair he was already in the RAF in 1939 so he didn't have much choice).

I don't know where you are going with this, but who said she was suffering from any mental illness? You are assuming far too much by the seem of it, you also do not know what the local authorities weighed up, if anything at all...to add to this you do not know if they consulted with anyone? This is all guess work on your behalf so far. 

The woman is no longer on the roundabout so this topic has now more or less been exhausted. 

There is nothing funny about it, I think you may be taking this personally?

I cannot be expected to remember my decisions on every single comment made, there are thousands if you care to take a look, if you are at all unsure about anything please always refer to the forum rules for additional guidance.

OK - I will leave this where it is and let others decide the validity of our respective positions.

I don't know where you are going with this, but who said she was suffering from any mental illness? You are assuming far too much by the seem of it, you also do not know what the local authorities weighed up, if anything at all...to add to this you do not know if they consulted with anyone? This is all guess work on your behalf so far. 

The woman is no longer on the roundabout so this topic has now more or less been exhausted. 

I agree, a lot of assumptions being made here yet when someone assumes the opposite of her being ill or suffering from any kind of mental illness by saying she is a pain you get slated for those comments, glad she has been moved on personally, I don't think she has done herself any favours.

What!

You actually think she wasn't mentally ill?   You think they sent medical professionals to assess her and talk to her because...they thought she was well balanced and 'normal'?

You think that trained professionals don't consider their options and just react?  

That the Police were involved and the NHS we KNOW they consulted...How bloody naive do you have to be to think otherwise?

What!

You actually think she wasn't mentally ill?   You think they sent medical professionals to assess her and talk to her because...they thought she was well balanced and 'normal'?

You think that trained professionals don't consider their options and just react?  

That the Police were involved and the NHS we KNOW they consulted...How bloody naive do you have to be to think otherwise?

Oh and you know all the facts do you? Maybe she was drunk or off her head we she decided to camp at this wonderful scenic camp site, so yes upon reflection and taking all this into account and her behaviour, I agree your probably right, she must be pretty nuts I guess, all self inflicted though in my view and please don't start telling me she was unlucky in life and blah blah blah, another VICTIM eh? - Well we all have choices, she just appears to have made the wrong ones and still continues to refuse any help. 

It does speak volumes actually.  

I stand by my comment, if drivers cannot see something out of the ordinary on a roundabout without crashing into each other, should they really be allowed to be in control of a vehicle?

Is it that much different to a group of men cutting the grass, or digging the plants?  People don't start having accidents when there are workmen on the roundabout, so how was she so much more of an accident risk to everybody?

What you on about? They only have to dig a tiny hole or be cutting a hedge and there are about 500 cones half a mile each side and most of the time this includes traffic lights and lane closures. I have driven all across Europe and I have never seen any other EU country so over the top as the UK. This is the busiest junction in Hereford, they would not even allow the traffic lights to be turned off on a trial basis as part of the lights out campaign because they felt an accident may happen and you think a woman parading around often in her nightware in the middle of this roundabout is not a distraction? Behave yourself!!

I see this lady appeared in court this week according to this article in the Hereford Times 

HT:

She appeared on remand at Hereford Magistrates Court today (Monday) after failing to appear at the same magistrates’ court last week.

Lamputt pleaded guilty to breaching her bail last week.

She pleaded not guilty today to using threatening or abusive words causing harm or distress at Jessica’s Sweet Shop in Eign Gate, Hereford on June 1.

She will face trial on that charge in November.

It appears that there may a little more to add to this story yet, so I have unlocked it.

Just leave the poor woman be. She's not doing anyone any harm. Leave her alone. Some of you can be so cruel. The worrying thing is you've absolutely no control of it or any idea just how harsh it can read.

This poor woman is not doing anyone any harm is she bobby47? she has been charged with using threatening or abusive words causing harm or distress at Jessica’s Sweet Shop in Eign Gate, Hereford on June 1. 

She will face trial on that charge in November. 

What you on about? They only have to dig a tiny hole or be cutting a hedge and there are about 500 cones half a mile each side and most of the time this includes traffic lights and lane closures. I have driven all across Europe and I have never seen any other EU country so over the top as the UK. This is the busiest junction in Hereford, they would not even allow the traffic lights to be turned off on a trial basis as part of the lights out campaign because they felt an accident may happen and you think a woman parading around often in her nightware in the middle of this roundabout is not a distraction? Behave yourself!!

I am behaving myself, thanks.  The fact...  That is FACT that there were no accidents at all the time she was there says it all.  

I am behaving myself, thanks.  The fact...  That is FACT that there were no accidents at all the time she was there says it all.  

I agree with the others, this is clearly a dangerous place being the busiest junction in the city, regardless of whether or not any accident occurred during her occupation, it would of only been a matter of time for either her or someone else.

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps all her supporters will get together and remove it so as to save the taxpayers  :Vault:

I'd of said the same thing a few weeks back but after chatting to Sam during one of her camp building projects on land I'm looking after and talking to someone who knows her I can say that she needs help but constantly refuses it,and she refuses it because of her mental 

state of mind.

I'd of said the same thing a few weeks back but after chatting to Sam during one of her camp building projects on land I'm looking after and talking to someone who knows her I can say that she needs help but constantly refuses it,and she refuses it because of her mental 

state of mind.

I also spoke with someone who knows her well at work and they said, she used to be normal but now she is like this through years of alcohol and loads of drug abuse all self-inflicted. She has lost close friends and family who have all tried to help her over the years, they said she has always been an attention seeker and the drugs have just made it worse and made her paranoid. Her family just think she is a pain in the arse and want nothing really to do with her. I was informed that she was not evicted for no reason. Personally, I think you have to be pretty mental to want to stick a needle in your arm in the first instance.