Tents on Edgar Street roundabout

adamski

Hello Frank. Here's a reality check for you.

There are people in this country who ' work hard and try to better themselves' who cannot afford a roof over their heads. There are nurses using food banks, and schools requesting parents provide toilet paper for pupils to use.

Thank you for noticing that I go against the opinion of the majority of contributors on here. I'm left and proud. I take full ownership of my values.

Do you own your right wing opinions? Do you take ownership of what years of austerity have done to the most vulnerable?

We do have something in common though, Frank. I too work hard and have a house. The difference being that I don't begrudge others in a less privileged position having the same. We all need a home.

(PS - I don't think you're a 'bad guy', I just don't agree with a lot of your political views.)

Hello Frank. Here's a reality check for you.

There are people in this country who ' work hard and try to better themselves' who cannot afford a roof over their heads. There are nurses using food banks, and schools requesting parents provide toilet paper for pupils to use.

Thank you for noticing that I go against the opinion of the majority of contributors on here. I'm left and proud. I take full ownership of my values.

Do you own your right wing opinions? Do you take ownership of what years of austerity have done to the most vulnerable?

We do have something in common though, Frank. I too work hard and have a house. The difference being that I don't begrudge others in a less privileged position having the same. We all need a home.

(PS - I don't think you're a 'bad guy', I just don't agree with a lot of your political views.)

Yes I take ownership of my views and I respect yours but I believe that we need these austerity measures in order to reduce the national debt left behind.. There is no real difference as I certainly do not begrudge others less fortunate and I do not have a problem with genuine people claiming benefits, I Like the social system, what I don't like is hearing is that everyone else are apparent victims, I don't buy that. Getting back to this woman in a tent causing a right bloody mess, lets be honest about that! I clearly do not know all of the facts but from what I have read and what the police have said in their statement it appears that there is no helping this woman? 

Hi Frank, check out an article called "The Labour Can't Be Trusted With The Economy Myth.' It will open your eyes to an uncomfortable truth to all those who unquestioningly swallow Tory lies.

The picure on the front page - which is the clearest - shows very little mess as far as I can see. In fact, compared to the many images we have on Hereford Voice of weeds, litter and the like, it looks positively gleaming. Granted we have an eyewitness who, whilst on the bus, saw paper blowing around on a windy day. (This is obviously completely shocking in a city as neat and tidy as Hereford, and would therefore appear to be good grounds for the flurry of abusive comments about the lady in question, by some contributors to this thread.)

As I said - we don't know the full story. I just don't understand why some folks can't keep their spiteful remarks to themselves.

Enjoy what's left of Sunday!

Finally! She has been removed, but I see BB were there clearing up all the mess she left behind. There was some plastic pipes that looked like 3 m guttering, I have no idea where they came from and an old trolly of some sort and some boxes by the look of it as well as other items of card and general rubbish, I guess we are paying to clear up her mess. 

I heard that this lady had completed the complete series of the I Spy books relating to HGVs , Cars , Pedal Cycles et al .during her stay on the Island.

Seriously , this lady must now move on , seek and accept the help and guidance which had and will continue to be offered to her.

I wish her well.

So...  She's moved on...

She was there for what?  Three weeks or so?

And there was a constant barrage of "It's an accident waiting to happen!" from all the doom-mongers, not just here, but on the HT and Facebook too.

So...  How many accidents did she actually cause then?  Not one?  Can we all stop being so pessimistic in future?  Please?

For the record, I didn't agree with what she was doing, I think she contradicts her reasons for all her actions far too often quite honestly, and I think it was, in the main, just a "look at me" exercise.  But, that said, some of the things people have posted about her are quite awful and there are some people who should take a long look at themselves and their attitudes to others.  We are all just a few bad decisions or unlucky periods away from ending up like her.

So...  She's moved on...

She was there for what?  Three weeks or so?

And there was a constant barrage of "It's an accident waiting to happen!" from all the doom-mongers, not just here, but on the HT and Facebook too.

So...  How many accidents did she actually cause then?  Not one?  Can we all stop being so pessimistic in future?  Please?

For the record, I didn't agree with what she was doing, I think she contradicts her reasons for all her actions far too often quite honestly, and I think it was, in the main, just a "look at me" exercise.  But, that said, some of the things people have posted about her are quite awful and there are some people who should take a long look at themselves and their attitudes to others.  We are all just a few bad decisions or unlucky periods away from ending up like her.

I do not believe anyone from HV posted anything that bad about her? And because she never caused an accident that's okay then? What a load of crap! She was a pain in the back side and most people agree. Like you said, what was she there for? Nice to see all the rubbish she kindly left behind for someone else to clean up, best not mention that though eh

Well said Clarkster. Now this devil of a woman has gone it frees up our time to get back to the good stuff. Sorting out these lazy scrounging Disabled bastards who's actions are tearing apart the very fabric of our British way of life.

Then there's the Meditteranean migrants. The Muslims. The survivors of Grenfell Tower and anyone else who ain't the right colour, ethnicity and who ain't Christian. Get the pigs head ready!

What about that barstard Corbyn. Yellow bellied fool who's reluctant to press the button and incinerate a million people in the first 90 minutes of conflict. The soft ****! Vote for a millionaire or some psychotic narcissistic headbanger who'll comfort the contributors of Hereford Voice and promise to bomb anyone who lives, worships or thinks a little differently to the narrative upon these pages.

Despise me and my words? Not as much as I despise you and your narrow minded heartless thinking.

Vote for a millionaire or some psychotic narcissistic headbanger who'll comfort the contributors of Hereford Voice and promise to bomb anyone who lives, worships or thinks a little differently to the narrative upon these pages.

Despise me and my words? Not as much as I despise you and your narrow minded heartless thinking.

Or goes off topic!

I do not believe anyone from HV posted anything that bad about her? And because she never caused an accident that's okay then? What a load of crap! She was a pain in the back side and most people agree. Like you said, what was she there for? Nice to see all the rubbish she kindly left behind for someone else to clean up, best not mention that though eh

I didn't single out any HV comments, but there is one rather distasteful comment further up the list...

And, actually, Yes.  It is okay then.  If drivers are unable to pass by some woman camped out on a roundabout without crashing into each other then they shouldn't be on the road quite honestly.  The fact that no accidents happened really goes to show that it wasn't actually that much of a distraction after all.  No, she shouldn't really have been there, but she was and yet still nothing bad happened.

I didn't single out any HV comments, but there is one rather distasteful comment further up the list...

And, actually, Yes.  It is okay then.  If drivers are unable to pass by some woman camped out on a roundabout without crashing into each other then they shouldn't be on the road quite honestly.  The fact that no accidents happened really goes to show that it wasn't actually that much of a distraction after all.  No, she shouldn't really have been there, but she was and yet still nothing bad happened.

What logic! ha ha unbelievable, okay the local lads run across the train line at Redhill everyday backwards and forwards, they are scrumping in the woods, they have been doing this for a month now without a single accident, not one! Even though people are telling them this is dangerous and an accident just waiting to happen, they still continue, perhaps the Police should issue a statement advising the train drivers to be more observant when approaching this junction. (scratches his head in dismay) 

Well said Clarkster. Now this devil of a woman has gone it frees up our time to get back to the good stuff. Sorting out these lazy scrounging Disabled bastards who's actions are tearing apart the very fabric of our British way of life.

Then there's the Meditteranean migrants. The Muslims. The survivors of Grenfell Tower and anyone else who ain't the right colour, ethnicity and who ain't Christian. Get the pigs head ready!

What about that barstard Corbyn. Yellow bellied fool who's reluctant to press the button and incinerate a million people in the first 90 minutes of conflict. The soft ****! Vote for a millionaire or some psychotic narcissistic headbanger who'll comfort the contributors of Hereford Voice and promise to bomb anyone who lives, worships or thinks a little differently to the narrative upon these pages.

Why because some members don't agree with you? 

What logic! ha ha unbelievable, okay the local lads run across the train line at Redhill everyday backwards and forwards, they are scrumping in the woods, they have been doing this for a month now without a single accident, not one! Even though people are telling them this is dangerous and an accident just waiting to happen, they still continue, perhaps the Police should issue a statement advising the train drivers to be more observant when approaching this junction. (scratches his head in dismay) 

I had the exact same thoughts, it speaks volumes if thats the logic of the author. 

K Butt and Bill, Completely agree.

Dangerous situations threatening life and limb do need to be flagged up to the relevant authorities.

Such concerns are always taken seriously......the residents of Grenfell will vouch for that.

Let's face it - poor and you complain, zero response. Poor and you're the source of complaints? Some folks seem to think they should be tasered and dragged off into the night.

Perspective.Is.Needed.

It's what has been lacking on this thread.

Alongside compassion.

Dangerous situations threatening life and limb do need to be flagged up to the relevant authorities.

Such concerns are always taken seriously......the residents of Grenfell will vouch for that.

Let's face it - poor and you complain, zero response. Poor and you're the source of complaints? Some folks seem to think they should be tasered and dragged off into the night.

Perspective.Is.Needed.

Alongside compassion.

Grenfell Tower has nothing to do with this particular thread, I seem to recall that has been discussed previously.....I have no wish to repeat that discussion again in this thread.

Tasered and dragged off into the night? Where did that come from?

The lady has now been removed from this dangerous location that she chose to set up camp on and unless we can get back to the original debate I will close this topic as we are entering into other topics which are moving away from the original.

Afternoon Colin, the taser remark was my response to a comment about Russian authorities being quicker to act. Personally, I think the authorities here have done well. They took a 'hands off' approach - and it clearly worked. But not quick enough for some folks.

The rest of my post is more a social comment on attitudes. Which I feel is valid.

Agree that this thread has run its course!

Perspective.Is.Needed.

Alongside compassion.

Compassion, I have compassion but not for people who's situation is self inflicted. I am not going to get into a full blown discussion but I do get frustrated  when I read such comments. Yes I am all for helping people who through no fault of their own need help and support but I have very little time for those who have caused most of it themselves.

Clarkester's logic is excellent.

Anyway, good news that she has now gone. 

Afternoon Colin, the taser remark was my response to a comment about Russian authorities being quicker to act. Personally, I think the authorities here have done well. They took a 'hands off' approach - and it clearly worked. But not quick enough for some folks.

The rest of my post is more a social comment on attitudes. Which I feel is valid.

Agree that this thread has run its course!

Hands off approach? They removed her and yes I agree it clearly worked.

Hi Steve, as I said in a previous post - none of us know the full story, but some are very quick to judge.

As for compassion shown on this thread?

Nothing says compassion more than ' I hope she gets a good slapping. Stupid cow.' 'I hope we have a good few storms' 'Remove her' and 'Idiot.'

Yes. Those comments just scream compassion.

As for being removed, I was under the impression she'd left voluntarily. Perfectly happy to acknowledge I got that wrong if so.

Hi Steve, as I said in a previous post - none of us know the full story, but some are very quick to judge.

As for compassion shown on this thread?

Nothing says compassion more than ' I hope she gets a good slapping. Stupid cow.' 'I hope we have a good few storms' 'Remove her' and 'Idiot.'

Yes. Those comments just scream compassion.

As for being removed, I was under the impression she'd left voluntarily. Perfectly happy to acknowledge I got that wrong if so.

Oh behave dippy this is just a few people venting their frustrations, ( I am sure we are all guilty of saying things on the spur of the moment) I do however agree that the slapping comment was unnecessary. I was told be more than one person that she was removed and there was a police van there either Friday/Saturday then BB arrived to clear up quite a lot of mess left behind, I would not put money on that, I am just going by what I had heard.

I had the exact same thoughts, it speaks volumes if thats the logic of the author. 

It does speak volumes actually.  

I stand by my comment, if drivers cannot see something out of the ordinary on a roundabout without crashing into each other, should they really be allowed to be in control of a vehicle?

Is it that much different to a group of men cutting the grass, or digging the plants?  People don't start having accidents when there are workmen on the roundabout, so how was she so much more of an accident risk to everybody?

My God it's getting worse. She's draining us dry. Not only has she escaped a damn good slapping, now she's taking help from our mental health services. Course, she'll be on disability benefit soon and taking the pi*% out of the rest of us with her blue badge. This wouldn't happen in other countries. it's time that we woke up and realised that these weak, poor, cheating scamming bastards are the real enemy to our society and the sooner we turn our social and economic modernity clock backwards by at least seventy years, the better off it will be for all of us.

Brilliant my dear old educated, thoughtful, lucid thinking, sane author of at least three books that I'm aware of Gridknocker. Course, despite your fine articulate educated mind that's the result of a half decent education, you'd do well to remember your pitching your offerings toward HV, the salt of the earth, the thick and the dull who've evolved into a gathering of mindless moronic bottom feeding idiots who for some odd and strange reason feel the need to be frightened by this Girl Guide who once chose to camp on our blessed iconic Tesco Traffic Island.

I will laugh my head off is someone pissed up gives her a good slapping, stupid cow, what does she want? I have read the police statement and there seems to be no pleasing this nutcase. I agree with some other members that she is making a right mess with all sorts of crap building up, it won't be long before something happens to either her or a motorist, motorcyclist, lorry driver or bus, mark my words.

Colin - I find it amazing that you allow this comment to stand?

Do you really think it acceptable? If you do - it speaks volumes.