Congratulations 635th Mayor of Hereford Cllr Jim Kenyon!

Colin James

An elected mayor in other cities are elected by the county council and they serve a 4 year term. Hereford mayor is elected by the city council councillors and they serve only 1 year.

Elected mayors are elected by the public and are not just a figure head which is what out Mayor is,  when i say elected i mean something like the London Mayor. 

Elected mayors are elected by the public and are not just a figure head which is what out Mayor is,  when i say elected i mean something like the London Mayor. 

He was elected by the Hereford city councillors and to be fair in Jim's case it is well deserved.

As I indicated before an elected mayor is done like through an general election for councillors and the term of office is 4 years. Cllr Kenyon was elected by the city councillors of which the majority was his own group, the deputy mayor is also one of their own group, as IOC runs the city council it was a forgone conclusion they would vote one of their own into office like they have done for the last 3 years.

As I indicated before an elected mayor is done like through an general election for councillors and the term of office is 4 years. Cllr Kenyon was elected by the city councillors of which the majority was his own group, the deputy mayor is also one of their own group, as IOC runs the city council it was a forgone conclusion they would vote one of their own into office like they have done for the last 3 years.

Fair play to them, I am sure we would all do the same if we had the majority but to be fair to Jim Kenyon he is a real grafter and often put much more into it than many other councillors out there there is no denying that. 

Congratulations Cllr Kenyon

Only if gets rid of the traffic lights at the bottom of Foley Lane … as he said he would ...

Jim can only propose it and keep adding pressure but it will come down to Highways England in the end and unfortunately the people who devise all these wonderful idea's are in Birmingham! Anyway, that is for a separate topic.