Local Election 2015.....The Results!

dippyhippy

Cllr Andrews got in Widemarsh/Independent. Gutted for Amanda and James. I know Stephen Williams is a Tory but the previous Cllr was a watered down Tory,so no change there.

I have tried to keep a spreadsheet and it looks like we have:_ 29 Cons,11 IOC,9 Independent,2Green. How does this compare to pre_election 2015. What are our chances with the SLR now.

I'm guessing....Not great, Jean.

We're in a worse position now, than we were before.

But..... we WILL fight this, make no mistake.

Hereford still belongs to US, the people.... not a handful of Tory Councillors.

Please people don't despair we are the electorate and we can fight every single shoddy underhand decision the cons will make. Their masters in government will be cutting the purse strings even more and there is no-one else to point the finger at.The IOC needs to to get organised, work better with the Independent brethren and make sure that every poor decision, financial irregularity or mismanagement is made public either through the Hereford Times, Hereford Voice or Hereford High Street.

LETS BE HONEST WITH ALL THE ISSUES COMING ..WOULD YOU WANT TO BE IN A CONSERVATIVE CHAIR.....

I hope they live in gated communities because if you thought its been bad just wait .....expecting a year on year significant council tax increases just for starters..

Good Luck everyone.

GreenKnight magnificent post! Well said, I echo your excellent advice.

Cllr Andrews got in Widemarsh/Independent. Gutted for Amanda and James. I know Stephen Williams is a Tory but the previous Cllr was a watered down Tory,so no change there.

I have tried to keep a spreadsheet and it looks like we have:_ 29 Cons,11 IOC,9 Independent,2Green. How does this compare to pre_election 2015. What are our chances with the SLR now.

Good question Jean, I was wandering the same!

And the Credenhill result...... gutted for Darryl Meekcom, a really great guy.

Bless you dippy 😊 Well Bob Matthews has held that seat for 30 years and has a large old guard vote, I polled the biggest vote against him in all that time and beat the Tory so its mot so bad and something to build on. We'll take Credenhill either in a by-election or in 4 years....watch this space 😉 Thank you for your support 😊

The results are indeed very disappointing, very worrying. But for now I would like to thank all the great candidates who didn't quite get elected for the supreme efforts they made on behalf of all of us. All that time and energy they spent, - hoping to keep Herefordshire special and not just a clone of other counties. I hope you will still share your knowledge, experience and best ideas in other ways.

Saxon Gate to be subject to a by-election

4:41pm

BREAKING NEWS....

*Correction to that result: Seat in Saxon Gate will be subject to a by-election following announcement - result is now void according to Herefordshire council

Seat will not now go to Conservatives - result was:

McEvilly, Mark - Winner Conservative 549; Griffiths, David It's OUR County 530; Oliver, Aubrey  Liberal Democrat 357; Davies, Alison Independent 96

A council spokesman said the result was not safe due to the number of spoilt ballot papers with a vote for more than one candidate. He said up to 400 papers were spoilt.

Yes Cloudberry what is the story here.  

Macevilly wasn't he the one with interesting nominators?

Bless you dippy Well Bob Matthews has held that seat for 30 years and has a large old guard vote, I polled the biggest vote against him in all that time and beat the Tory so its mot so bad and something to build on. We'll take Credenhill either in a by-election or in 4 years....watch this space Thank you for your support

Don't drift away mate your contribution is still very much in demand on this site ....four years will come around very quickly and I say that to all those who are despondent just now.

Bless you dippy Well Bob Matthews has held that seat for 30 years and has a large old guard vote, I polled the biggest vote against him in all that time and beat the Tory so its mot so bad and something to build on. We'll take Credenhill either in a by-election or in 4 years....watch this space Thank you for your support

Be proud of yourself, fantastic effort and you certainly gave him a run for his money and you beat the tory so that is a result on its own.  :Thumbs-Up:

I know it makes no difference to the result of the Credenhill ward but the Hereford Times had reported that I came 3rd to Julia Blackshaw, that is wrong, she did not get 449 votes she got 429 votes and I beat her. Is the Hereford Times a Tory paper by any chance?

30 years ? It's about time he buggered off then!

Hi Dazza...in answer to you question, a poster did comment yesterday that every online HT story was under attack by Conservative adverts....

You did brilliantly in your fight for Credenhill...... one day, it will be yours, I have no doubt about that my friend.

Hereford needs people like you, Paul, Amanda and Jimbo.

Trouble is Denise..... many of the Independent Elite,haven't wanted to give any ground, on where to field candidates.

They really need to start having a rethink.

They've sacrificed Glenda, one of their own, for no reason.

Dippy, you are absolutely correct, we really need a long term strategy to beat the Torys starting now. We can antagonise them and generally be a thorn in their side by spreading the word. I looked around at the Torys at the count today and they all looked the same, it was like being I a room full of assimilated automatons or the Borg! Totally soul less with no personality. IOC worked on the strategy of attrition but history tells us that never works. If we put forward a smaller number of candidates, picked our fights and heavily advertised and canvassed every door we will win control of the next council.

I know it makes no difference to the result of the Credenhill ward but the Hereford Times had reported that I came 3rd to Julia Blackshaw, that is wrong, she did not get 449 votes she got 429 votes and I beat her. Is the Hereford Times a Tory paper by any chance?

Unlucky! Well done !

Saxon Gate to be subject to a by-election

4:41pm

BREAKING NEWS....

*Correction to that result: Seat in Saxon Gate will be subject to a by-election following announcement - result is now void according to Herefordshire council

Seat will not now go to Conservatives - result was:

McEvilly, Mark - Winner Conservative 549; Griffiths, David It's OUR County 530; Oliver, Aubrey  Liberal Democrat 357; Davies, Alison Independent 96

A council spokesman said the result was not safe due to the number of spoilt ballot papers with a vote for more than one candidate. He said up to 400 papers were spoilt.

Yes Cloudberry what is the story here.  

Macevilly wasn't he the one with interesting nominators?

A third of all papers spoilt - that seems unbelievable! There is something VERY odd there … 

The IOC Councillors who won their seats now have a a greater responsibility to police every step the Tories take and report on every dishonest move they make and trust me they will make many, they are more slippery than a slap across the face with a wet fish!

Dippy, you are absolutely correct, we really need a long term strategy to beat the Torys starting now. We can antagonise them and generally be a thorn in their side by spreading the word. I looked around at the Torys at the count today and they all looked the same, it was like being I a room full of assimilated automatons or the Borg! Totally soul less with no personality. IOC worked on the strategy of attrition but history tells us that never works. If we put forward a smaller number of candidates, picked our fights and heavily advertised and canvassed every door we will win control of the next council.

Id agree with that IOC need to pick the fights they can win I'm most disappointed with the results within the city as I did not expect the conservatives to win so many but in the rural areas it's a different ball game traditionally if you cut them they bleed blue.