Local Election 2015.....The Results!

dippyhippy

Colin

Obviously disappointed but the last 4 years has been a real honour to serve the Community.

I will pass my knowledge over too Tracey and will over the next four years work with our new Ward Councillor through the Belmont Rural Parish Council. I know how daunting and demanding this role is and the dedicated time required to fully fulfill this with a full-time job in hand too and of course a family. 

If it had been Conservative then no chance.

Regards

Adrian

I'm speaking on behalf of Tracy and we much appreciate your kind words and offers of help and we will definitely be taking you up on your offer as like you we only want the best for the ward.

I can put your mind at rest as Tracy is more than capable of standing up for what she believes is right and was very quick to give the Consevative candidate who stood against both of you a good mouth full on the fact he couldn't be bothered to step one foot on the ward prior to the election, she is use to running an office full of men and dealing with stroppy customers on a daily basis and has prior experience of councils and councillors so she will not be phased but they might be.

Also like you Adrain we want the blue run out of the county.

It's probably time now to turn the page.... start afresh.

There is the Saxon Gate by election to plan for, and possibly a fair few more by elections will occur between now and the next round of elections.

Time to reflect, time to organise, and time to prepare.

Time to do things differently.

Is there any information on turnout figures anywhere??

If there is, could somebody possibly post a handy link?

Many thanks, in anticipation!

Its on the council website, but only individually for each ward (on the declaration).

https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/government-citizens-and-rights/democracy/herefordshire-council-elections/herefordshire-election-results

I haven't seen an overall average. Here are some of them;

Tupsley 73%

Central 60%
Whitecross 62%
Hinton 49%
Newton Farm 45%
Saxon gate 54%
Bobblestock 59%
College 54%
Eign Hill 71%
Greyfriars 63%

I'm speaking on behalf of Tracy and we much appreciate your kind words and offers of help and we will definitely be taking you up on your offer as like you we only want the best for the ward.

I can put your mind at rest as Tracy is more than capable of standing up for what she believes is right and was very quick to give the Consevative candidate who stood against both of you a good mouth full on the fact he couldn't be bothered to step one foot on the ward prior to the election, she is use to running an office full of men and dealing with stroppy customers on a daily basis and has prior experience of councils and councillors so she will not be phased but they might be.

Also like you Adrain we want the blue run out of the county.

Jim

I am offering too Tracy help in getting settled in, issues outstanding in the Ward etc as others would have just walked away.

Like folk do when handing over a job.

Regards

Adrian

Jim

I am offering too Tracy help in getting settled in, issues outstanding in the Ward etc as others would have just walked away.

Like folk do when handing over a job.

Regards

Adrian

Hi Adrain, sorry James was saying we will need and want your help, he was also just trying to reassure you that I'm capable and only want the wards best interests as you did.

I would like to set up a meeting with you as soon as possible so we can discuss things, I really do value your offer and help and hope we can work together.

I am new to this site so please excuse me as I learn how to use it.

Sorry Adrain if you have taken my comment slightly out of context, I'm stuck at work and at the same time trying to show Tracy how to use this site.

She much appreciates your offer of you helping settling her into the new position and she is going to take you up on it if she hasn't already. I was just trying to reassure you that she will make a very capable councillor as you are to and hopefully together you can keep pushing the ward forward.

I will now shut up before Tracy tells me off any further

The very warmest of welcomes to you, Tracey.... and congratulations!

Hereford Voice is a great place to be, to really engage with your constituents, and hear about issues across Hereford as a whole.

I hope you'll become a regular visitor, and contributor to these pages.

Adrian "lessons will be learned"...no they wont. IOC don't have basic planning or strategy knowledge. I wouldn't trust them to be capable of organising a Saturday afternoon bbq. and the Independents appear to be a bunch of egotistical narcissists. The Torys looked to me like a well oiled, organised machine albeit clones of one another, who will march virtually uncontested throughout Herefordshire for many years to come until finally a truly independent leader comes along and binds a group together properly whether that be the Independents, IOC or whoever, and is able to strategise and plan for the future with patience. With what I have just witnessed with these local elections I am ashamed to have been part of it. I should have stood on the sidelines throwing eggs and rotting veg at the players.

Perhaps Roger killing to birds with one stone ....today getting together with some mates on Whitehall for a coffee and a chat and tomorrow the Chelsea v Liverpool game.

I can't believe you posted that. For information purposes only I am a major critic of Jesse Norman. I did, however, vote for him in the GE as he was the least worst candidate. I also voted non Tory in the local stuff. I hope that clears that up. ps. I appreciated the 'fishing trip' type post! pps. Chelsea 'away' was a boycott from me due to cost issues. Not my end. Their end. 

If my memory serves me right there was a 19 vote differential between the Cons and IOC in the County fight. Now of course should a rerun had taken place and learnt lessons noted the Independent candidate might have decided to withdraw possibly resulting in a different outcome.

..bother I'm setting up another CONSPiracy theory so await a firm rebuke from AV.

By my calculation there where 87,561 votes cast that's not including spoilt ballot papers

Conservatives 37,446

IOC 24,241

IND 16,343

Lib Dem 5,939

Green 3,314

UKIP 1,383

Lab 278

This is just a rough estimate so feel free to do your own if you'd like to cross reference?

Take the leaders of the Independents and the IOC to Frome to learn some lessons:  :Happy_32:

"It's a beautiful day in Frome, Somerset today - the sun is shining. But that's not the real reason it is a beautiful day. Today the results of the town council elections were announced. There has been so much despondency and trepidation expressed in England since the general election result, a feeling among so many that mainstream politics fails to represent them or their concerns, a genuine fear we are becoming a less caring, less understanding, less tolerant Britain. But in Frome today we achieved something that might sound small but is a momentous resistance to this. Today we found out that, building on their success in the last local election when they took control of the town council, a group of dedicated local people interested in promoting a responsive and responsible culture in our town instead of party political agendas who gather together under the banner ofIndependents for Frome, won a landslide victory taking ever single town council seat in the election. EVERY. SINGLE. SEAT. No Labour, no Lib-Dems, no Tories, no racist UKIP - not a single seat for a national party. On the same day that our national political system offered so many so little Frome voted for ordinary people giving up their time to make a difference to run our town and not the political class. EVERY. SINGLE. SEAT. Let it start here and spread everywhere."

If my memory serves me right there was a 19 vote differential between the Cons and IOC in the County fight. Now of course should a rerun had taken place and learnt lessons noted the Independent candidate might have decided to withdraw possibly resulting in a different outcome.

..bother I'm setting up another CONSPiracy theory so await a firm rebuke from AV.

Hope I'm not screwing things up guys..I was talking about t h e Saxon Gate seat which will not be re run for the County council.

The number of votes cast in the county to elect members for parliament by my calculations is 95,280 which is 7,719 more than votes cast to elected councillors?

I went to the polling station and got asked if I wanted to be issued with all of the available papers' (3) ...... In hindsight this sounds less than transparent ...... 

Cambo..... I've looked at your sums.... they don't add up at all, do they????

Here in Hereford, where the preferred method of arithmetic is Council Maths, we are used to this.

However, in this instance I feel that this anomaly needs further investigation.

The question is..... by whom???

Cambo..... I've looked at your sums.... they don't add up at all, do they????

Here in Hereford, where the preferred method of arithmetic is Council Maths, we are used to this.

However, in this instance I feel that this anomaly needs further investigation.

The question is..... by whom???

Dippy If my figures are correct & not like the good old council maths way of adding up? 7,000 plus people not voting in the local elections but in the general elections?…then that does not make sense to me?…why would you vote in the one & not the other?…or is the 7,000 plus spoilt ballot papers? If so that seems a high percentage to me? Is that normal?