ATM Machine In The Old Market?

In the days before this was pedestrianized, this was where many of the buses would pull up!

In later years, there was a "Merritts" shop there - they were the first in the city to have a slush puppy drinks machine, and did a roaring trade, with all the school kids who congregated to wait for their bus to take them home!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Still no ATM machines! I had to walk across to Tesco yesterday because the car park machine wouldn't accept my card (warn out chip). I know there was a planning application sometime ago which was refused for some reason, so that's it? No ATM's ?? 

Still no ATM machines! I had to walk across to Tesco yesterday because the car park machine wouldn't accept my card (warn out chip). I know there was a planning application sometime ago which was refused for some reason, so that's it? No ATM's ?? 

The refusal was ridiculous in the first place as the exact same type pod can be found next to the grade 2 listed Butter market.

The problem I think is finding a company to install the ATM's that would pass planning acceptance with most either having a charge for using

or have advertising on.

• 3 months later...

This application is very similar to the previous application only now the ATM's would be positioned on the wall facing the car park and Miller and Carter if I my understanding is correct. The previous was on the wall next to the lift but facing down towards Debenhams.

This is the latest application location:

Old Market ATM.png

ATM Hereford.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

At last!

It only took three and half years to have ATM's installed at the Old Market shopping centre.

The Old Market opened back in April 2014.

The lack of an ATM was discussed a year later in May 2014.

I am pleased to see that two have finally been installed and are live, not ready for use by the public just yet as there is no cash in them but I am sure by early next week they will be fully operational.

Old Market ATM 1.jpg

Old Market ATM.jpg

At last!

It only took three and half years to have ATM's installed at the Old Market shopping centre.

The Old Market opened back in April 2014.

The lack of an ATM was discussed a year later in May 2014.

I am pleased to see that two have finally been installed and are live, not ready for use by the public just yet as there is no cash in them but I am sure by early next week they will be fully operational.

Long overdue Colin