Hereford Voice Welcomes Our Latest Councillors

Colin James

I would like to personally welcome Councillor Paul Rone and Councillor Chris Chappell to Hereford Voice. I sincerely look forward to your interaction with our members and to you hopefully joining in the various discussions. 

You will see that we have several other Councillors here some are more active than others but the more we have the better.

Well I ain't going to be so welcoming and deliver our new colleagues a bucket of thanks simply for signing up and registering on these pages. If these good people are here to tick some box, gather a vote and from time to time say something bloody obvious but never transmit a thing of substance to me, they can get stuffed and I spit in their eye.

Mind, if any of our new colleagues begin to transmit their views, take on board our views and don't simply go through the motions of writing a great deal but never saying anything of meaning at all, then and only then will I throw my arms around them, embrace them and say, 'thank you for joining Hereford Voice'.

Mind, I'll say a special hello to Councillor Rone who I sincerely hope continues to think differently to those others who gave him and Councillor Atkinson a kicking for trying to change the culture from within.

Well I ain't going to be so welcoming and deliver our new colleagues a bucket of thanks simply for signing up and registering on these pages. If these good people are here to tick some box, gather a vote and from time to time say something bloody obvious but never transmit a thing of substance to me, they can get stuffed and I spit in their eye.

Mind, if any of our new colleagues begin to transmit their views, take on board our views and don't simply go through the motions of writing a great deal but never saying anything of meaning at all, then and only then will I throw my arms around them, embrace them and say, 'thank you for joining Hereford Voice'.

Mind, I'll say a special hello to Councillor Rone who I sincerely hope continues to think differently to those others who gave him and Councillor Atkinson a kicking for trying to change the culture from within.

Well in fairness to our Councillors I actually emailed them all invites over the weekend, these are the ones who have chosen to register and join HV, so lets cut them a little slack eh.. otherwise they will be gone before they have chance to say or do anything!  :Surprised_32: 

Well in fairness to our Councillors I actually emailed them all invites over the weekend, these are the ones who have chosen to register and join HV, so lets cut them a little slack eh.. otherwise they will be gone before they have chance to say or do anything!  :Surprised_32: 

Ditto and welcome to HV Councillors, lets hope you can help out as much as Cllr Vaughan-Powell has over the years on here. I would like to extend my warmest wishes and welcome you all.

Colin, More than fair. I'll not have it said I'm an unreasonable man. I want it said, 'this was a reasonable man who often gave complete strangers a warm, loving and manly embrace'. Therefore, given Colin's message to me, I now completely retract everything I said earlier, and furthermore and whatsmore, I want to disassociate myself from anything that I said an hour or so ago.

There! You can't be fairer than that!

I'm with Bobby on the first post (sorry Colin) I've been here before and it never goes well!

So what you are saying is that we should not welcome our new Councillor members? How negative like someone has already said, give them a chance..

To have Councillors available to respond to discussions, surely has to be a positive thing, even if their response is not what you want to hear, otherwise whats the point.  :Hmm:

Welcome to HV to all the new Councillors who have joined.

So what you are saying is that we should not welcome our new Councillor members? How negative like someone has already said, give them a chance..

What some of us are saying is that councillors have appeared on forums before just as a PR stunt and never bothered to contribute anything worthwhile or even come back once their little need was tended to.

We're saying that these new additions start on a clean slate, neither negative nor positive. How they proceed from here on in is how we will judge them.

As they say, respect needs to be earnt, and right now, there's not a lot of respect for allocating to the HCC

To have Councillors available to respond to discussions, surely has to be a positive thing, even if their response is not what you want to hear, otherwise whats the point.  :Hmm:

Welcome to HV to all the new Councillors who have joined.

Sorry Victor Wright but I don't recall saying that 'we' should not welcome our new Councillors  to clarify what I actually said  was I had been here before.  Emphasis on 'I'  it's my opinion and I have very good reason for thinking as I do.  You are entitled to your opinion I would never try and persuade you otherwise, nor would I criticise you for them since I don't know what experience you've had dealing with Councillors. I do know mine so my comment is justified. Kind  regards to you   :Sad:  

Sorry Victor Wright but I don't recall saying that 'we' should not welcome our new Councillors  to clarify what I actually said  was I had been here before.  Emphasis on 'I'  it's my opinion and I have very good reason for thinking as I do.  You are entitled to your opinion I would never try and persuade you otherwise, nor would I criticise you for them since I don't know what experience you've had dealing with Councillors. I do know mine so my comment is justified. Kind  regards to you   :Sad:  

Wo wo, calm down, you actually responded to bobby47's first post in which he did say he was not going to be so welcoming bla bla ?? And this experience that I do not know about dealing with councillors was that experience on this forum? No! So what I am merely saying is give them a chance here, kind regards to you  :Winky:

Wo wo, calm down, you actually responded to bobby47's first post in which he did say he was not going to be so welcoming bla bla ?? And this experience that I do not know about dealing with councillors was that experience on this forum? No! So what I am merely saying is give them a chance here, kind regards to you 

We've spent years "giving them a chance" and now look at the state of things. Chances are all used up, we're bored of bullshit speak, we want to see ACTION!! :)

• 1 month later...
It is good to see more Councillors coming on board here at Hereford Voice. It is also encouraging to see councillors raising enquiring and challenging questions of the ruling elite. Their questions give food for thought.

Questions from:

Councillor PJ McCaull  - The New Market

Councillor MD Lloyd Hayes - Future care of relatives

Councillor DC Taylor - Non payment of Council tax and Business rates

Councillor AJW Powers - Core Strategy and Waste Management Contract

Councillor MAF Hubbard (2 questions)  - Impact of the new development on Hereford’s historic retail area and Burnt out buildings in central Hereford

Councillor EPJ Harvey (2 questions) - Removal of  Â£300m of local infrastructure costs and Core Strategy and Infrastructure Delivery Plan (IDP)