Refugees and Asylum seekers

Denise Lloyd

News - Statement: Refugees and asylum seekers http://newsroom.herefordshire.gov.uk/2016/march/statement-refugees-and-asylum-seekers.aspx#.Vtdjr0xfmCs.twitter â€¦ via @hfdscouncil

I heard about this last night and HV put it on Twitter.  It has now appeared in the HT and the HT FB page which has naturally attracted many comments.

Help I missed the k for a l in the title Colin can you change it pleeeease

It's a nice change to complement the Council for a initiative - they certainly haven't rushed in coming to this decision .

I am sure that the majority of this County will accept these unfortunate people - there will always be others who will come up with reason why we should not accept them into the County.

Lovely to hear your thoughts, Solidus......but brace yourself for incoming.....I think you'll find our take on this will be very much a minority view on this forum!

Good that the council will manage to find all these homes when my niece has been waiting for a few years with her child to be housed, that is all I am saying. I am not commenting anymore on this subject i don't want to be accused of alongside other members who share my views of ganging up on others.

Bless Blame Angela Merkel. 

Herefordshire council best start ordering these posters from the printers for the local swimming baths.

post-1038-0-27986400-1457073767_thumb.jpg

Oh and inform the police and trading standards because it won't be long before you see more of this going on here. Apparently most of these Kurds running these shops were also migrants refugees (half of which came in under lorries and still continue to attempt to smuggle more in).

Mark my words. 

Thank you Colin for correcting my error! 

I am not totally sure how I feel about this all but very sad that young and old innocent people whatever race are having to endure hardship in whatever form.

If this county had supported all of it's existing residents and everything was ship shake and running smoothly which we know it isn't there would not be a problem with accepting refugees.

However because this county is not how it should be and there is already unrest I can only see trouble ahead.

It will be more rattled when the Asylum Seekers arrive who are mostly young males

Commons committee calls for asylum seekers to be housed in Tory shires

3500.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

Destitute asylum seekers should be dispersed to the Tory shires, including the home secretary’s own constituency town of Maidenhead, which currently receive none at all, an influential Commons committee has demanded.

The Commons home affairs committee say that the current dispersal system under which the majority of asylum seekers are sent to low-cost housing in urban areas such as Glasgow, Stoke, and Middlesbrough – where the recent infamous“red doors†row highlighted their concentration.

The MPs say that too many local authorities are unwilling to take part in thevoluntary dispersal scheme and ministers should bring pressure to bear on them to volunteer and provide suitable accommodation for asylum seekers. Home Office ministers have said they are considering how to get more local authorities involved in the scheme.

The committee also says that the arrival of Syrian refugees and others means that as many as 50,000 asylum seekers will need to be housed by 2017 and the government should reconsider offers from individuals including the Archbishop of Canterbury and others to house refugees.

Guardian

It must be incredibly difficult to integrate an unaccompanied Syrian juvenile youth into Herefordshire as there is absolutely no existing community to easily integrate them into. And it is virtually non Muslim round here. That's why we're only getting 6. They'll probably need home tuition and a very reliable foster parent to go to. And it's not as if those are coming out of our ears. 

It's probably a lot easier to take a family unit but best of luck with parachuting such a family into somewhere like Leominster. They'd be like a fish out of water.

Commons committee calls for asylum seekers to be housed in Tory shires

Guardian

It must be incredibly difficult to integrate an unaccompanied Syrian juvenile youth into Herefordshire as there is absolutely no existing community to easily integrate them into. And it is virtually non Muslim round here. That's why we're only getting 6. They'll probably need home tuition and a very reliable foster parent to go to. And it's not as if those are coming out of our ears. 

It's probably a lot easier to take a family unit but best of luck with parachuting such a family into somewhere like Leominster. They'd be like a fish out of water.

We will have to provide them will mosques next, they will soon be popping up more and more.

It will be more rattled when the Asylum Seekers arrive who are mostly young males

I agree with you Denise trouble ahead and although I accept we must do our bit for genuine refugees I also believe that a huge percentage are migrants (mainly male). Germany is already experiencing large problems and Angela Merkel is loosing votes daily because of it. I am still unsettled as to why lot of these people are trudging their families hundreds of miles across Europe to come to Britain, especially when these countries are safe!  

Good that the council will manage to find all these homes when my niece has been waiting for a few years with her child to be housed, that is all I am saying. I am not commenting anymore on this subject i don't want to be accused of alongside other members who share my views of ganging up on others.

Herefordshire council best start ordering these posters from the printers for the local swimming baths.

attachicon.gifgroping_migrants.jpg

Oh and inform the police and trading standards because it won't be long before you see more of this going on here. Apparently most of these Kurds running these shops were also migrants refugees (half of which came in under lorries and still continue to attempt to smuggle more in).

Mark my words. 

Thi is what is really happening in Calais 

https://www.facebook.com/downtrendcom/videos/1855449277887123/

I agree with you Denise trouble ahead and although I accept we must do our bit for genuine refugees I also believe that a huge percentage are migrants (mainly male). 

If you re-read the Council statement there is an interesting paragraph concerning 'asylum seekers'. This group appear to be separate from the 20 families and 6 single kids ....

The Home Office is also asking local councils to take asylum seekers, whose legal status and rights to services differ significantly from those of refugees. The council is liaising with the Home Office as to how it can respond to this request, which could see a number of asylum seekers being placed in the county.

'Asylum seekers' indicates to me that these people are already in the UK having registered. It says we 'could' get some here. I think you can replace the word 'could' with 'will'. My guess is we'll have up to 100 single adult males dumped here ~ of varying Nationalities. This will be on top of the 17 or so Iraqis who jumped out of the lorry at the fruit farm the other day. 

And it is virtually non Muslim round here. That's why we're only getting 6. They'll probably need home tuition and a very reliable foster parent to go to. And it's not as if those are coming out of our ears.

I think it's good that herefordshire is taking in families & child refugees but I'm not going to congratulate HC as they wouldn't be doing it unless they where getting extra money from central gov.

I think you might be surprised Roger on the number of Muslims now living in the county although admittedly nowhere never as many as in many other parts of the UK…but I'm sure that number will increase in the near future?

I think you might be surprised Roger on the number of Muslims now living in the county although admittedly nowhere never as many as in many other parts of the UK…but I'm sure that number will increase in the near future?

Out of date stats as the census was 2011 ...

The religious make up of Herefordshire is 67.8% Christian, 22.3% No religion, 0.3% Buddhist, 0.2% Muslim, 0.1% Hindu, 0.1% Jewish.

15,050 people did not state a religion. 512 people identified as a Jedi Knight and 14 people said they believe in Heavy Metal. 

localstats.co.uk

I can guarantee (virtually) that whoever nodded thru the Govt. plan to disperse some migrant problems to Hereford will get a 'gong' in the next list .... OBE ? Or sommat else ? Just a guess ....

attachicon.gifgroping_migrants.jpg

Mark my words. 

I agree 100%, call me old fashioned Xenophobic I couldn't give a toss.

Twenty families, folks.

Out of all those millions...we are offering safe haven to just a handful here in Hereford.

Is it really too much to ask that we welcome them?

Actually, don't bother responding. I've heard more than enough from most of you on this subject. None of it was pleasant.

Goodness Dippy, my dear and old good friend, you certainly don't know when you're beaten. It's quite simple. Many of the commentators upon these pages hate all things Islamic and no amount of compassion, rational thinking or plain good old common sense is going to change a view that's honestly held that the Muslims are out to kill us all.

Just like the Germans circa 1930's who wanted to hate the Jews and gobbled up all news that confirmed that their hatred was good, well founded and entirely reasonable and human, the commentators here have been indoctrinated by the media and the State to hate and mistrust all things Islamic. Give them a tale of some miserable ungrateful migrant who's travelled West and abused our hospitality and they'll shout, 'we told you so'. The worse the story the better. Throw in a Rape, a refusal to eat Pork and the odd drowning that could have been avoided if Mom and Dad had kept their little child sheltering in their safe bomb crater back home and before to long the hatred, the mistrust and the stupidity of their inability to think for themselves can easily be justified to each and every one another.

It's not difficult to get people to hate. You simply feed them a sustained drip of bad news, tell the people to be scared and then ridicule anyone who has the ability to think rationally and refuse to be a part of the swarm. Then, once the people have been whipped up into a frenzy the next trick is to keep them angry and compliant with any extreme and radical suggestions designed to marginalise a group of people who've been targeted for special attention by the media and by the State who orchestrate the mass and fast growing movement that says, 'the Muslims are out to get you'.

Yep! History repeats itself over and over again and despite the lessons of the past you Dippy will be and forever will be a Looney Left Tree Hugger who doesn't quite understand why you need to hate the migrants.

My warmest regards Pal. Give it up kiddo!

Twenty families, folks.

Out of all those millions...we are offering safe haven to just a handful here in Hereford.

Is it really too much to ask that we welcome them?

Actually, don't bother responding. I've heard more than enough from most of you on this subject. None of it was pleasant.

I have no issue with Hereford Council doing its bit and housing 20 families. 

Why Hasn't Yvette Cooper Taken In Refugees?

Cc9Bd8XW8AAnV-C.jpg

Yvette Cooper said she would house a Syrian refugee - so Nick Ferrari grilled her on why she hasn't done so.

During the Labour leadership contest, Ms Cooper said she would help in any way that she could, including taking in a refugee.

But appearing on LBC to discuss the EU referendum, she told Nick Ferrari that she hadn't invited one into her spare room... because the government told her not to.

She said: "I think we should be offering sanctuary. We've said from the start, if people need homes we should be offering them.

"But if you listen to what the government said, they've said they don't want people to take people into their homes. What they want is to provide housing for some of the small number of Syrian refugees that have come over."

When Nick queried again if she'd taken in her refugee, she responded: "No, because the government has said that's not what they're looking for."

Nick carried on: "So because David Cameron tells you not to do it, you don't do it?"

Ms Cooper insisted: "You've got to provide people proper support. If they're a family, they need housing of their own. If they're a child, they'll need proper fostering support.

"And if you want to be a fosterer, you've got to go through proper training and proper support through the local council.

"If that's what the government say is needed, then of course. But at the moment, the government is saying that is not what you need to do to provide sanctuary."   

LBC