Missing Posters

Aylestone Voice

As referred to in the Freedom Church topic there are a number of regular posters who have disappeared

I'm not sure if it was about the time of the IOC meltdown after the election or when Cardin threw his toys out of the pram.

I wonder if they are:-

- Planning their own new political party to fight in four years, or

- Digging tunnels and building tree houses on the line of the SLR, or

- Just following WirralIPC elsewhere, or

- Locked in the cellar of The Commercial

I do miss B47 though. He is as mad as a March hare but always amusing

Evening AV.

It was me, on the Freedom Church thread, lamenting the fact that my best blogging buddies are conspicuous by their absence .

I really do miss them. They added an awful lot to Hereford Voice, and this forum is poorer for losing their regular contributions.

Quite a few members,who were so quick to stick their two pence worth in over that particular episode, have barely posted a word since.

We appear to have lost Bobby, Flam and Paul in one fell swoop.... and Ubique, GDJ and Biomech are missing in action. All posters who took the time to add their thoughts regularly, and helped to make this forum vibrant.

A real shame, and a great loss.

Yes, Colin. I know they log in, I am in touch with Bobby.

But I think it will be quite some time until Bobby or Flam contribute again. Paul never will.

I just think it's a real shame that valued, regular contributors have gone..... and some of those who seemed pleased to see the back of Paul, and were very vocal at the time, have barely said a peep since.

A forum is only as vibrant and varied, as members contributions.

It cannot be carried by a handful.

But I think it will be quite some time until Bobby or Flam contribute again. Paul never will.

I just think it's a real shame that valued, regular contributors have gone..... and some of those who seemed pleased to see the back of Paul, and were very vocal at the time, have barely said a peep since.

This forum has always been fairly busy, if you are referring to WirralPC he was not a member here for that long, so I'm sure the forum can survive without his anti tory splutter which became overpowering in the end, shame, because some of his posts were really very good.

I don't believe you need to be a "long standing" member, to make valuable and regular posts.

I wasn't just referring to Paul, but just to make the point that in a relatively short time, he added an awful lot.

I'm sure the forum will "survive" without Paul, Bobby and Flam...... but it won't be as good, because THEY all posted!

Members will come and members will go, funny, a lot of the old HT posters moaned because a lot of their posts were removed and or they were banned, none of that happens here with exception to one or two members, no pleasing some, if people choose not to post because another has left that is their choice. HV has been around for quite a number of years and I for one enjoy the discussions here and I will continue to contribute where I can, I may go quite for a few weeks from time to time but sometimes you need to have a breather, in general I think the forum is well run and most members are valued. Keep up the good work.

I don't believe you need to be a "long standing" member, to make valuable and regular posts.

I wasn't just referring to Paul, but just to make the point that in a relatively short time, he added an awful lot.

I'm sure the forum will "survive" without Paul, Bobby and Flam...... but it won't be as good, because THEY all posted!

Hence my reply: shame because some of his posts were really very good.

Other than Paul, this is news to me...so are you telling me that these other members have left? if so, do you know why?

With respect, I think some of you are missing the point.

If folks don't contribute, the forum becomes stale. The posters who seem to have left, all made regular contributions.

That's why they have left such a big gap. Without being rude to anybody, some "long standing" members only pipe up when a refuse collection has been missed, or the traffic is worse than usual.

I'm not saying they've left Colin..... after all, in the forum rules it states that once you're accepted as a member, it will stand..... so I'm not sure any of us can ever leave!!

But, they aren't posting are they???

And neither Flam or Paul have logged in since that episode.

I just miss them, that's all.

I'm not saying they've left Colin..... after all, in the forum rules it states that once you're accepted as a member, it will stand..... so I'm not sure any of us can ever leave!!

But, they aren't posting are they???

And neither Flam or Paul have logged in since that episode.

I just miss them, that's all.

Well Paul will not be back, just for the record, I was subject to a load of abuse from him on Twitter which surprised me to be honest but he has not been banned, even though I think it would of been warranted. Surprised Flam has not logged in but none of these members have raised any issues with me, so maybe its that time of year when a lot of forums become less active..

I value all our members and I have always tried to be fair, its not easy keeping everyone happy, it really isn't.  

I for one hope to see bobby47 and flam posting again.

Well Paul will not be back, just for the record, I was subject to a load of abuse from him on Twitter which surprised me to be honest but he has not been banned, even though I think it would of been warranted. Surprised Flam has not logged in but none of these members have raised any issues with me, so maybe its that time of year when a lot of forums become less active..

I value all our members and I have always tried to be fair, its not easy keeping everyone happy, it really isn't.  

I for one hope to see bobby47 and flam posting again.

Colin your stuck between a rock and a hard place, overall my friend you do a fantastic job in my opinion.

Colin your stuck between a rock and a hard place, overall my friend you do a fantastic job in my opinion.

Thank you Bill, nice words and yes I feel that I am being pulled from pillar to post sometimes, I have been running several forums for almost 20 years now, seen it all, this is nothing new.  :Hmm: I try to keep everyone happy but I guess I can't always get it right.

I have been a member of this website from when it started, as it has changed we have lost some of the original posters because they preferred it at the begining when it was for the people of Belmont. To be fair to Colin he is very fair to the posters, some of the time I would of banned some of them, but he didn't. This website changed when the ones who joined from the HT because they were barred from there. Colin does an excellent job of running this website so lets have less of the criticism!!!

With respect, Glenda, both Bobby and myself joined up from The Hereford Times.... neither of us were banned. Nor was Flam.

I made a comment on another thread saying that I missed several SPECIFIC posters contributions.

I was not - and would not - criticize Colin, and how he runs this forum. He has my utmost respect for the job he does.

For you to imply otherwise is not on.