Missing Posters

Aylestone Voice

Well I'm still very much a relative new person on this site with my first birthday in September but I have enjoyed the contributions by many including Paul from the Wirral and perhaps we will never know why he blew a fuse but he did. So with this in mind what larks to see old AV pitching in with the opener for this topic...missing his friends from the other side of the political spectrum and perhaps still revelling in the in fighting between IOC & the Indies which resulted in a stronger Conservative Council he feels perhaps I can pick this sore once more and see how it bleeds! In the army you plant the bomb and leave the room or just maybe in Paul's case a suicide bomber who was hell bent on going anyway and was guaranteed casualties which of course there were. We seem to have lost for now many a good contributor and I believe it is true that some felt loyalty to Paul for perhaps he has helped them and on principle they have fallen silent. For them principles are also expensive but they have peace of mind which is priceless.

Some years ago I had the pleasure of working at the Alder Hey Hospital in Liverpool. I saw first hand the humour of the Mersey and the Wirral where one moment your are in the social club pints to hand all getting along though not quite understanding each other then..... BOOM, glasses broken and all hell let's loose because someone bought the wrong bloody crisps. You escape to the latrine to remove half a jug from ya radial artery then come back and everyone's buying the pints whilst some birds thigh is snuggling up to ya mates moustache in the corner.You got comfortable with it but it's not everyone's cup of tea and even I would reserve the right to leave the building if there was a top heavy mix of scoucers and micks!

I guess what I'm saying is that it's a trait of some to shoot from the hip but I've never been a fan of the semi automatic scattergun, everyone's an easy target approach.

We must also realign to the fact that once the election was over certain individuals with political agendas would appear and then disappear at least for another four years and in some ways they carried out their own scrap on the site then buggered off which was going to happen.In the meantime don't be drawn into reacting to posts which are looking for reaction and this post got just that. Our absent posters are reading for sure because as with families it's very hard to break the ties and make it finite. Our Colin does a bloody good job and sometimes has to make difficult decisions. If Paul had apologised later perhaps the outcome would have been different..I don't think somehow that was going to happen but as a result he has gone and in doing so others have gone to. They out of loyalty, Paul with his principles and Hereford Voice being the worse off which I think is a shame. I can't believe that Wirral PC,s vanity would have wanted this for after all ...are we not the poorer for it!

I think the posters' are very well behaved on here .... I also like the lack of Moderation Intervention. I don't totally agree with the topics being juggled up or down the main screen (as a moderating tool) but that is just my own opinion! 

I think the posters' are very well behaved on here .... I also like the lack of Moderation Intervention. I don't totally agree with the topics being juggled up or down the main screen (as a moderating tool) but that is just my own opinion! 

Morning Roger, 

If someone replies to an old post it automatically jumps to the top, in turn this notifies other members that another reply has been made, (unless they have ticked the box to follow that particular topic, in which case they would receive an email), however, I also have the ability to bump an old post back to the top, which I occasionally will do if the forum goes a little quite or if I feel that there is still more to discuss in a particular thread/discussion. Members can also pm me a request to bump a topic which I will also consider. Just thought I would explain how the bump process works.  :Happy_32:

Hello everyone. Me, going quiet? It's nothing to do with the departure of my friend Paul. He's tough enough and good enough to survive without me giving him any support.

I've gone nearly five weeks without posting anything and I've enjoyed every single bloody minute. It's a load off. A release from a troublesome addiction and I needed a break from it.

Each and every contributor to these pages is a friend of mine, I've no issue with anybody and I very much appreciate the time I've spent, and probably will spend in the future upon Hereford Voice, but for the time being ill be damned if I tap.

My warmest regards to all of you.

Hello everyone. Me, going quiet? It's nothing to do with the departure of my friend Paul. He's tough enough and good enough to survive without me giving him any support.

I've gone nearly five weeks without posting anything and I've enjoyed every single bloody minute. It's a load off. A release from a troublesome addiction and I needed a break from it.

Each and every contributor to these pages is a friend of mine, I've no issue with anybody and I very much appreciate the time I've spent, and probably will spend in the future upon Hereford Voice, but for the time being ill be damned if I tap.

My warmest regards to all of you.

ha ha quality response bobby  :Winky: you take as much time as you need my friend. 

Morning Roger,

I also have the ability to bump an old post back to the top, which I occasionally will do if the forum goes a little quite or if I feel that there is still more to discuss in a particular thread/discussion. Members can also pm me a request to bump a topic which I will also consider. Just thought I would explain how the bump process works.  :Happy_32:

Good Morning! If I wanted to 'bump' a topic I'd reply to it and cut out the 'consideration' hurdle .... I think your Moderation is top drawer by the way ....  :Thumbs-Up: