Police Safe Parking In Ledbury?

Colin James

Could I just say.....

Does this really matter??

If this was an ambulance, or fire engine I'm sure nobody would mention it! Our emergency services - all three of them -  are fantastic, despite horrendous cuts in funding. Let's support them, not knock them.

You never know when you're going to need those services yourself.

Could I just say.....

Does this really matter??

If this was an ambulance, or fire engine I'm sure nobody would mention it! Our emergency services - all three of them -  are fantastic, despite horrendous cuts in funding. Let's support them, not knock them.

You never know when you're going to need those services yourself.

Well actually I think it does matter. Nobody should be parked on a pavement and certainly not near a pedestrian crossing. I am sure if this was your vehicle dippy you would be booked within minutes. All the emergency services do a fantastic job 99% of the time and they all have my utmost respect but they also have to abide by the law. The public would be up in arms if someone got hurt because a vehicle had mounted the pavement, regardless of who the vehicle belongs too. 

Well actually I think it does matter. Nobody should be parked on a pavement and certainly not near a pedestrian crossing. I am sure if this was your vehicle dippy you would be booked within minutes. All the emergency services do a fantastic job 99% of the time and they all have my utmost respect but they also have to abide by the law. The public would be up in arms if someone got hurt because a vehicle had mounted the pavement, regardless of who the vehicle belongs too. 

I tend to agree with Mick, although we do not know the circumstances as to why this vehicle was parked here, it does not appear to be an emergency or the blues lights would be on, personally, I think they should be on considering where they are parked looks hazardess.

I appreciate the comments that mystery has made but is this just hearsay? 

Point taken.

I'm sure nobody will mind the next time there is a serious incident/RTA/medical emergency/fire.....that response times are a little slower, whilst suitable parking spaces were found!

(Blue lights aren't always on..... particularly during the day when the vehicle is stationary!)

As stated, we don't know the circumstances.... so can we not just give them the benefit of the doubt?

Point taken.

I'm sure nobody will mind the next time there is a serious incident/RTA/medical emergency/fire.....that response times are a little slower, whilst suitable parking spaces were found!

(Blue lights aren't always on..... particularly during the day when the vehicle is stationary!)

As stated, we don't know the circumstances.... so can we not just give them the benefit of the doubt?

Would they give you the benefit of the doubt in a similar situation? I am not disagreeing with you though. 

Point taken.

If there were a serious RTA the road is usually blocked anyway. We would all agree that the emergency services do a brilliant thankless job but the point here is one rule for one? I am positive is this were John Harrington parking his van to do a quick drop off he would come back to a few points and fines...

This topic has echo's of THIS thread from earlier this year. Parking on the zig zags but not on the road itself. It's all about context and perceptions .... Who knows? 

What I do know is that I was in Tesco in Bewell Street at about 6PM 3 days ago and a blonde female PC was at the checkout (in full uniform with appointments) buying a shed load of Christmas Shopping! I didn't recognise her but she had a CSO in tow who I did recognise. Just shopping! They may have been shopping for a 'good cause' but it didn't looked good to me! Obviously there may be an explanation for this event I witnessed. I am just relaying eye witness information. 

It is easy to judge from these images.....................but just a thought.............what if you found out that the officers involved saved a life because of their swift actions, or caught a prolific criminal............would it change your opinion?

Afraid I'm with Dippy on this one!

And what if they were just stopping for cakes and lunch, would you change yours? 

I am give you all an update on this, the circumstances were that the police was giving a member of the public a ticket for parking on zig zag white lines, there vehicle can be seen in one pic at bottom end, The officer concerned as been reprimanded, by the sgts at Ledbury, as a formal complaint was made, and a FULL APOLOGISE made as wasnt acceptable, officer might even have been given a ticket themselves, was being considered as an option by the sgt. THIS IS FACT NOT HERESAY