EU referendum - In or Out?

megilleland

European Union Poll  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

One of the benefits of leaving would be that we could scrap all of the restrictive legislation forced on us.

For example all the environmental protection stuff for wildlife and habitats could go in the bin and then there would be less restrictions on development.

Also getting rid of all the "rights" for workers would help the economy.

Aylestone Voice, Hello pal. I'll give you that,,of all the sh.it the EU has shovelled out, and there's been mountains of it, their greatest success has been the pulling together of Climate Change proposals that have been of benefit to all of us. Other than that, and that's it, they can get stuffed.

Brexit: The Movie is a feature-length documentary film to inspire as many people as possible to vote to LEAVE the EU in the June 23rd referendum.

A crowd funded film for the British public financed entirely by donations from the public. It was made possible thanks to the support of more than 1,800 backers, who raised over £300,000 with donations from as little as £1. 

The Movie is written and directed by film maker Martin Durkin, and produced by Wag TV.

Martin Durkin is a TV producer and documentary film director. He is CEO of Wag TV, which produces TV shows for various broadcasters in America, Britain and worldwide, including Discovery, National Geographic, TLC, Science Channel, Channel Four and Five in Britain. Wag TV was listed among Britain's top ten television production companies in an industry poll conducted by REAL SCREEN magazine.

Durkin has served on the steering committees of the World Congress of Science Producers and the Edinburgh Television Festival and as a judge for the BAFTA and the Royal Television Society broadcast awards. Of the various prizes he's won for his films, he is most proud of the Free Enterprise Award, given him by the Institute of Economic Affairs.

Well worth a watch. More information here than the politicians are going to tell you. Brexit: The Movie - Spread it across Facebook, Twitter, and promote it in your area - let's vote to LEAVE the EU on the 23rd June. Their website is here.

Sunday Express  15th May 2016

NORWAY has once again REFUSED to bow to the EU as red-tape obsessed officials try to gain control over the North Sea oil industry.

Ever since Norway brokered its European Economic Area deal with the EU 22 years ago, the oil industry has been an area of conflict.

Now the EU has again attempted to pressure the Scandinavian country into giving bureaucrats direct influence over the oil and gas industry.

However, Norway's Ministry of Petroleum and Energy (MPE) has said Brussels has no business meddling in individual nations affairs.

MPE officials said: “The government does not consider the Offshore Directive of EEA relevant.

It's their country - they can decide. Become a full member of the EU and bureaucrats will always tell us what we can do. EU brexit initially hinges on national democratic control. If this is lost nothing else matters.

• 2 weeks later...

Poem for Mr Cameron from Paul Hovell.

"I don’t care if my vote will cause World War Three

I don’t care if it causes plague and global dysentery

I have no fear of the predictions of the IMF

The prediction of of permanent recession, pestilence and death.

I don’t like your friend Obama telling me what to do

His bullying threats: “get to the back of the queueâ€

I don’t trust officials warning that Britain’s too weak on its own

The world's Britain’s oyster; we’ll never walk alone.

I am proud of the achievements of the country of my birth

It has traditions and democracy, of a priceless worth

A thousand years of freedom you ask me to forego

Just to please some Brussels bureaucrats and their precious Euro.

I like Europeans; I like their food and music, too

But I prefer Jamaican reggae and a plate of vindaloo

And for all Europe’s many wonders, it’s the world that beckons me

I see a global, international future, as Britain’s destiny.

So Mr Cameron, if you read this, I’m ignoring your warning

Britain has a bright new future, there is a new day dawning

Hope, optimism and confidence, is what I believe.

So on June 23rd, I’m going to vote Leave!"

Cambo, I like the poem maybe someone should send it to David Cameron. I noted the Remain team was in high town at midday on Saturday, they were not getting a lot of people interested in what they were saying. I saw just three people one of their campaigners was trying to talk to but they just walked away.

Cambo, I like the poem maybe someone should send it to David Cameron. I noted the Remain team was in high town at midday on Saturday, they were not getting a lot of people interested in what they were saying. I saw just three people one of their campaigners was trying to talk to but they just walked away.

Not sure which way it's going to go Glenda but looking on FB on either leave/remain pages most comments seem to come from those wishing to leave.

Everytime that T.W.A.T Cameron does a bit for the remainiacs it is oh so stage managed like he's the righteous adult & we are all the naughty children who the bogeyman is gonna get, if we don't vote in!

But personally I'm willing to take my chances with the bogeyman!

• 2 weeks later...

You know what I'm taking my chance on leaving the E.U. !

It's a changed decision but ultimately one made on the simple principle that for all the dire consequences of economic doom and pestilence suggested by the remain group then why we're we ever given the opportunity to vote in the first place!!!

Now we all know what self serving vain politicians are about but to offer up a loaded revolver with one empty chamber to your opposition and allow them to pull the trigger at close range....really!!

It's kind of ironic but the sequel to Independence Day (dem Martians are coming),will be released on the 23rd of June......better stay close to Geoff Goldblum then.

The leave campaign went to the Country park picnic yesterday afternoon, a lot of people came up to me  asking for a Leave teeshirt everyone I spoke to are voting LEAVE. The Herefordshire Battle Bus then went round the streets of Newton Farm, Belmont, Tesco, Asda and parts of Redhill, people was very responsive, tooting horns and giving us the thumbs up sign. Very encouraging and successful day.

• 2 weeks later...

I was for voting out, but have reluctantly changed my mind.

I don't actually want to remain in the EU, personally, but the campaign to leave has me even more worried about the future unfortunately.

Both sides are a bunch of utter liars, that think we, the people will believe anything they spout.  Unfortunately it would appear that on the most part, they are right.

With Cameron being the worst. How he expects anyone to believe anything he says is beyond me...  What with his speech to the CBI last year claiming that we would be fine outside the EU, we're the fifth biggest economy in the world, our manufacturing is world respected etc...  

But now, if we were to dare leave it would be a disaster, culminating in the possibility of millions of job losses, and potentially World War Three?!!??  I think it just preposterous that he can carry on whichever way the vote goes.

That said, the Leave side of things are a complete bunch of mentalists.  I sometimes catch myself listening to, and partially agreeing with Boris, then he goes and claims crap like the Tata steelworks closed because the EU wouldn't let them pay less for their electricity?!?

A vote Leave is one to save the NHS?  Really, with a gang of people waiting to take over that seriously want to dismantle it and privatise it?  Then again, there are those types on both sides...

If we vote to leave, what is the plan?  Who will be in charge?  I have not yet seen anything coherent from the Leave side, which is a bit of a worry considering the vote is tomorrow...

Whichever way we vote, all I hope is that 

A:  Liar Cameron and Slimy Osborne get the elbow.

B:  People start to become more like the French, and are prepared to stand up for their rights a bit more, and make the politicians do the job that WE, the people voted them in to do. 

No more bland, middle of the road, safest option for them, politics.  

More honesty, more belief in their polices, and more actual answers when questioned.

I'm sure I've come across as a bit of a loon myself, but that goes to show the confused nature of both campaigns in my opinion...

Sorry, and good luck to everybody...  Whichever way it goes, I think we'll need it.

We should be able to run our own country and elect or dismiss our own politicians as we see fit. Remaining in the EU we shall have to finance the un-elected bureaucrats ambitions for a EU tax system which will make the council tax look like pocket money and a new EU army/state police force which will replace our deliberately run down country's armed forces, to keep us all in check. I prefer we are in control of our own affairs and will VOTE OUT. 

Whatever happens I am expecting a rigged result. On my postal rounds most people are voting out. The ones remaining in I could count on two hands. So there must be a silent majority out there waiting to come out of the woodwork on Cameron's command.

I was for voting out, but have reluctantly changed my mind.

I don't actually want to remain in the EU, personally, but the campaign to leave has me even more worried about the future unfortunately.

Both sides are a bunch of utter liars, that think we, the people will believe anything they spout. Unfortunately it would appear that on the most part, they are right.

With Cameron being the worst. How he expects anyone to believe anything he says is beyond me... What with his speech to the CBI last year claiming that we would be fine outside the EU, we're the fifth biggest economy in the world, our manufacturing is world respected etc...

But now, if we were to dare leave it would be a disaster, culminating in the possibility of millions of job losses, and potentially World War Three?!!?? I think it just preposterous that he can carry on whichever way the vote goes.

That said, the Leave side of things are a complete bunch of mentalists. I sometimes catch myself listening to, and partially agreeing with Boris, then he goes and claims crap like the Tata steelworks closed because the EU wouldn't let them pay less for their electricity?!?

A vote Leave is one to save the NHS? Really, with a gang of people waiting to take over that seriously want to dismantle it and privatise it? Then again, there are those types on both sides...

If we vote to leave, what is the plan? Who will be in charge? I have not yet seen anything coherent from the Leave side, which is a bit of a worry considering the vote is tomorrow...

Whichever way we vote, all I hope is that

A: Liar Cameron and Slimy Osborne get the elbow.

B: People start to become more like the French, and are prepared to stand up for their rights a bit more, and make the politicians do the job that WE, the people voted them in to do.

No more bland, middle of the road, safest option for them, politics.

More honesty, more belief in their polices, and more actual answers when questioned.

I'm sure I've come across as a bit of a loon myself, but that goes to show the confused nature of both campaigns in my opinion...

Sorry, and good luck to everybody... Whichever way it goes, I think we'll need it.

Clarkster you honestly don't think the government don't have a plain if the leave side win do you?

Because they will have one but obviously they are not go to tell you what it is because they want to sucker you into voting remain.

It's the same with the BOE they have one in case of leave being successful.

The thing is that the leave side can't have a plan because they are not in government although a few are in the ruling party it's not their place to come up with a exit strategy because they won't be able to implement one that for dodgy Dave & whiteline boy George's job although realistically nothing is going to change over night.

Don't be fooled into voting for something you don't believe in.

realistically nothing is going to change over night.

Well, if we decide out, as we should, I would expect Cameron to resign within 24 hours of the result, and if he doesn't he'll be forced out anyway, so I think we will see a very rapid reshuffling of a lot of posts and a lot of back pedalling by those who were in the remain camp in a desperate bid to stay on the gravy train. So that much at least will change very quickly - as to the rest, well, at least we will be deciding that and not being told what to do by the EU.

Well, if we decide out, as we should, I would expect Cameron to resign within 24 hours of the result, and if he doesn't he'll be forced out anyway, so I think we will see a very rapid reshuffling of a lot of posts and a lot of back pedalling by those who were in the remain camp in a desperate bid to stay on the gravy train. So that much at least will change very quickly - as to the rest, well, at least we will be deciding that and not being told what to do by the EU.

Yes if Cameron loses this he's a gonna deffo TWG but how soon is anybodies guess…in 24 hrs? well if I was him I'd want to get out of dodgy as quickly as possible & find a rock I could hide under!

Whatever happens I am expecting a rigged result. On my postal rounds most people are voting out. The ones remaining in I could count on two hands. So there must be a silent majority out there waiting to come out of the woodwork on Cameron's command.

So that is it is it? If the vote is out the people have spoken - if the vote is remain then it is rigged? Even now I can picture hoards of people in council offices up and down the country filling in piles of ballot papers ticking remain which will be surreptiously slipped in at the count.

Actually your assessment does not coincide with the vote on this thread - perhaps you only delivered the vote out leaflets?