EU referendum - In or Out?

megilleland

European Union Poll  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There is a recent precedent with a vote over EU policy. Greece had a referendum vote to decide yes or no to another EU €€€€€€€ bailout. The people voted no to the bailout (61.31% No - Yes 38..69%). Naturally the people were ignored and the bailout was accepted. The Greek Finance Minister resigned. Pictured below with his wife (as a pillion passenger) leaving his Greek finance ministry .... 

1436207811456.jpg

There is a recent precedent with a vote over EU policy. Greece had a referendum vote to decide yes or no to another EU €€€€€€€ bailout. The people voted no to the bailout (61.31% No - Yes 38..69%). Naturally the people were ignored and the bailout was accepted. The Greek Finance Minister resigned. Pictured below with his wife (as a pillion passenger) leaving his Greek finance ministry .... 

1436207811456.jpg

The EU is just like a mafia organisation…they say jump & members ask how high as well as paying protection money into it!

The EU is just like a mafia organisation…they say jump & members ask how high as well as paying protection money into it!

62 people own half the wealth of the World. Half of the World is 3.6 billion people. ( source: Oxfam) The British Virgin Islands are our territory and they house more stuff than Panama with regards to 'offshore banking'. No one here (in Power) is really interested in looking into this murky world where tax is avoided that could be collected. When Cameron's dad was benefiting from the wheeze you can see why!  

The British Virgin Islands are our territory and they house more stuff than Panama with regards to 'offshore banking'. No one here (in Power) is really interested in looking into this murky world where tax is avoided that could be collected. When Cameron's dad was benefiting from the wheeze you can see why!

Yes I did see Cameron's old man used mossack fonseca…it's been revealed about Putins mate the cellist not much been mentioned of politician from the EU as of yet…those names could make for interesting reading…if Tony Blairs name happens to be in those documents?…Then that would come of no great shock to me!…& if it's not then I have to admit I'm going to be disappointed!

Going back to the topic title I think Cameron (who heads the IN campaign) will have to take some damage here with Public Confidence with his family involved in what some people would call 'scams'. There has to be a 'knock on' factor with the EU vote due to him getting some #panamapapers mud arriving his way which will stick. 

Here's hoping Roger

Going back to the topic title I think Cameron (who heads the IN campaign) will have to take some damage here with Public Confidence with his family involved in what some people would call 'scams'. There has to be a 'knock on' factor with the EU vote due to him getting some #panamapapers mud arriving his way which will stick.

Hope so!

Cameron appears to like piggies a lot. Appears he has been putting other things into them.

post-2-0-31805500-1459889356_thumb.jpg

However, Reddit user DanGliesack has given an excellent analogy on why the leak of the Panama Papers is so important:

When you get a quarter you put it in the piggy bank. The piggy bank is on a shelf in your closet. Your mom knows this and she checks on it every once in a while, so she knows when you put more money in or spend it.

Now one day, you might decide 'I don't want mom to look at my money.' So you go over to Johnny's house with an extra piggy bank that you're going to keep in his room. You write your name on it and put it in his closet. Johnny's mom is always very busy, so she never has time to check on his piggy bank. So you can keep yours there and it will stay a secret.

Now all the kids in the neighbourhood think this is a good idea, and everyone goes to Johnny's house with extra piggy banks. Now Johnny's closet is full of piggy banks from everyone in the neighbourhood.

One day, Johnny's mom comes home and sees all the piggy banks. She gets very mad and calls everyone's parents to let them know.

Now not everyone did this for a bad reason. Eric's older brother always steals from his piggy bank, so he just wanted a better hiding spot. Timmy wanted to save up to buy his mom a birthday present without her knowing. Sammy just did it because he thought it was fun. But many kids did do it for a bad reason. Jacob was stealing people's lunch money and didn't want his parents to figure it out. Michael was stealing money from his mom's purse. Fat Bobby's parents put him on a diet, and didn't want them to figure out when he was buying candy.

Now in real life, many very important people were just caught hiding their piggy banks at Johnny's house in Panama. Today their moms all found out. Pretty soon, we'll know more about which of these important people were doing it for bad reasons and which were doing it for good reasons. But almost everyone is in trouble regardless, because it's against the rules to keep secrets no matter what.

So if someone tells you that it should hardly come as a surprise that rich people are "bending the rules" or that the Panama Papers are "no big deal", tell them that they are.

They are a massive deal.

My son knows every last detail of my financial situation. I would suggest our PM knows exactly what is going on in his family finances. To include his wider family to an extent ~ he's not the daftest person on the Planet is he? When his dad died how much money did he get from funds that had been squirreled away that never paid any tax? I'm not suggesting anything has been illegal. 

Government crest appears on booklets which will cost 34p per household – causing uproar among Brexit supporters

(extract)

Every household in England will receive a glossy 14-page booklet through their letterbox next week making the case for Britain to remain in the European Union, as the government kicks off a £9m taxpayer-funded publicity blitz.

As David Cameron steps up his efforts to persuade voters to vote to remain in the EU at the 23 June referendum, No 10 announced it would spend 34p per household on the booklets, which bear the government crest.

How many libraries could be kept open with 9 million pounds? Any other suggestions on how to spend the money.

Just send it back to 10 Downing Street, London SW1A 2AA marked "Return to Sender" or "Refused". Cameron should then get the message. Royal Mail shares should get a boost after this mailing!

I hope everyone fully grasps the outcome of the recent Dutch vote that unanimously rejects the EU's aim to hoover up the Ukraine and create even more friction with Mother Russia.

This Union will bring you all War or a continuous series of border conflicts that'll push each and everyone of us to the brink of conflict. No good will come of it. You must Vote to leave and distance ourselves from the catastrophic consequences that will surely follow as the EU grabs the Asian land mass of Turkey, the war zone of Ukraine and all the other tiny nations who's economies are weak and poor but long to benefit from the EU money that'll drive up their debts and place them in the same mad economic basket case that Greece continues to be resting in.

The EU is evil! Vote to leave.

Published Apr 07, 2016

The Election Commission has made its displeasure over the Government's plan to flood the country with a hugely expensive piece of propaganda telling journalists 'We don't think the government should have done it'.

Nigel Farage, the UKIP leader said, "It is an outrage that £10 million is being spent on a pro-EU booklet and mailshot and I am glad that the Electoral Commission agree with me that it is wrong.

"This is our money and it should not be used to promote untruths about the so-called benefits of EU membership. I call on the government to do the right thing and withdraw this document. This must be a free and fair referendum."

There is a petition on the Government website that has already hit 50,000 (110,000 today) signatures calling for the Government to stop 'spending British taxpayers’ money on Pro-EU Referendum leaflets' I can only encourage as many people as possible to sign it and send a clear message to the Government. It is our money and he doesn't have our permission  to spend it in this way".

There is a petition on the Government website that has already hit 50,000 (110,000 today) signatures calling for the Government to stop 'spending British taxpayers’ money on Pro-EU Referendum leaflets' I can only encourage as many people as possible to sign it and send a clear message to the Government. It is our money and he doesn't have our permission  to spend it in this way".

168,000 tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

Have we any idea how many EU migrants are in Herefordshire? The answer is no. One can only guess. The Council would say, according to the 2011 Census information that we have around five thousand but that number really is the tip of a huge great big iceberg that you are never supposed to know more about.

I wouldn't be surprised if the figure is now three times that number and yet, despite the obvious presence of a huge migrant population, our public services do not know how many people they are expected to serve and care for. You'd think that strategic thinking, which is a part of their responsibility would make them dig a little and try to find a true figure that'd reflect the real numbers that are out there in Hereford, but they don't do it.

Though not perfect, they could do it quite easily simply by gathering registrations at our many GP surgeries. They could do it but they won't because you are not supposed to know. They won't do it and they don't do it because once they know and we know they know they'd be required to release that information to us and they, at the top of the pile do not believe we are responsible enough to know.

You only have to read the crime pieces on the Hereford Times and the suspect is often described as East European. And it's not because the migrants have a predisposition to commit crime. They haven't. They are committing crime just like us and the numbers carrying out criminal activity reflect the huge volume of migrants that are present in Hereford.

Wherever you look, be it on the streets, a place of public service or inside or outside a low cost Supermarket you'll hear a Slovakian voice and every single one comes at a cost to our public services. Within classrooms across the County our teachers and their assistants are being required to educate non English speaking children. My Grandson is in a Class where there are four children who cannot speak English and albeit Interpreters are sat with the pupil in the Classroom it is disruptive to the education of all the other children.

Whether it's Education, the Criminal Justice system, CAB, the Council, Housing and any point of our health care system of the NHS Interpreters are required and we pay the cost. There must surely come a time when those who still want to remain in the EU ask themselves, 'can our County cope any longer'? Very soon Turkey will be granted their wish to join the Union and seventy six million people will be free to move wherever they wish. Chances are, the United Kingdom will be a choice destination and it'll destroy our society. The great culturally rich Turkish people have a Gross Domestic Product and a wage that is on the same level as Romania, Bulgaria and a couple of other poor EU countries and it's inevitable that they will journey here. There is no wriggle room of doubt. They will arrive and they will be here for our public services to deal with.

How many more will come? They've no idea. They don't care. All they expect is that everyone who works on the Coalface, such as Police Officers, Nurses, Doctors, Council staff,work even harder to make a broken model of Free Movement Of People work for the disfunctinal European Union. And while they are at it, desperately trying to give and give and continue to show that Great Britain is indeed great, the European Union will continue to nudge its borders further and wider as we inevitably become the United States Of Europe.

Please change your minds and Vote to Leave the EU.

How do others feel about what Obama had to say about the EU referendum?…has anyone changed their mind because of what he said?

Personally I think dodgy Dave asked him to?…more than likely there was a trade off?…Obama would say what he said if dodgy Dave helped him to get the TTIP trade deal done with the EU.

I also think his trade deal threats that if we leave we will go straight to the back of the queue is pie in the sky because he is soon to be a ex president so those decisions will not be his to make!…I just hope people are not fooled by this smooth talking serpent?!

How do others feel about what Obama had to say about the EU referendum?…has anyone changed their mind because of what he said?

Personally I think dodgy Dave asked him to?…more than likely there was a trade off?…Obama would say what he said if dodgy Dave helped him to get the TTIP trade deal done with the EU.

I also think his trade deal threats that if we leave we will go straight to the back of the queue is pie in the sky because he is soon to be a ex president so those decisions will not be his to make!…I just hope people are not fooled by this smooth talking serpent?!

It's a case of you scratch my back I'll scratch yours.

It's a case of you scratch my back I'll scratch yours.

I see Hilary Clinton now is echoing Obama on our referendum…no real surprise there considering she has not criticised her former boss but rather the opposite during her campaign to seek the democrats nominated to become the next US president,as she would not want to upset any of the democrats delegates she is hoping to obtain for support in getting that nomination.

The problem with the President making these comments is he does not grasp the uniqueness of our national problems. Whereas in the States, except for food parcels, every single thing must be paid for by the receiver of the service, here in the United Kingdom it's free immediately at the point of entry and there is nothing that can be done to rebalance this problem.

Ponder on this. One in six children born within the vast boundaries of the entire region of the European Union is born here in the United Kingdom. Stunning isn't it! Imagine if you can the cost and the burden this presents to the British people and then try and explain to me how this is sustainable to our public services.

I am completely undecided about In or Out of Europe. There are many things I dont like- in particular the lack of accountability to the electorate and the way money seems to be all over the place in the EU - but then that could also be said of the UK. The radio this week was saying how the academy programme which the Conservatives are trying to make compulsory, has not published any accounts for how the money involved has been spent. I hear the Marches LEP has never ever produced any accounts since it was created over 6 years ago, even though it handles millions of pounds of taxpayers money -  this body is even less democratic than Europe as it is mainly business people who have never been elected by anyone as their representative! 

What I do see in Europe is that the transport infrastructure is much better and more reliable than ours, and the culture of walking and cycling and excellent public transport seems to give residents a good quality of life where they live, with good independent shops as well as supermarkets. The EU is also trying very hard to improve air quality for residents across the EU. Imagine if we didnt have the EU - who in the UK would care that tens of thousands of people every year die from air pollution? You can see that whilst the people living near Bargates in Leominster have some of the worst air pollution, Herefordshire Council is not prepared to do anything anytime soon to tackle it. London is so much worse, but without the EU would any UK government actually care about the poor man in the street going to an early grave? 

As well as fresh air, Europe is keen to protect fresh water. If you visit many European countries you cannot discharge waste into rivers/the sea etc, I would never swim any where around Southampton and the Isle of Wight as every single sailing boat can just pump its sewage straight into the sea regardless of the impact on the water quality and whether they are close to shore and people going for a swim. Likewise Cornwall and Devon where surfers have had to challenge the authorities for years to try and stop sewage being pumped into the sea water close to the shore, where holiday makers are swimming and surfing. Without Europe the River Wye would face increasing pollution, worsening the damage that has already been done to it over the years.

I have nieces and nephews who are looking to study in Europe when they finish 6th form,as University fees are much cheaper than the UK. They can complete a degree and will not be burdened with the same level of debt facing UK students. If we look at standards in British schools, they have shown that the children who usually perform the worst are white British pupils, as nearly every other migrant family values education and children improving themselves  and trying to get good jobs, where ever that may be. I wish the politicians would shut up and let us have the unvarnished facts for both sides. It is for the people to decide this referendum and not the politicians. 

The moment that Berlin Wall came down every single social, political and economic philosophy that the EU once followed changed when West Germany absorbed East Germany, the reunification began and the German people and it's mighty economy began the spending of billions upon billions of Reich Marks on the impoverished East side of their new unified country.

From this moment on all things changed. After the highly expensive but successful unification of both West and East Germany the EU began applying the same economic, social and political solutions to integrate the impoverished nation member states of Eastern Europe. Despite Germany's daily battles with the ECB and even the IMF Mrs Merkel is not for changing course. The Euro continues, despite the absurdity of it all and even though Greece has been destroyed by their economic policies still they plough on desperately trying to create a 'we are all an equal trading bloc', when clearly, to anyone with an ounce of economic sense can see that Germany rule and nobody, not even Britain can compete, let alone once thriving nations like Spain and Portugal and let alone basket cases like Greece and every single Eastern European member state who will go the same way as Greece. Loaned to much money, no youth left working in their home economies that will become stagnant because the kids all left and they are completely dependent upon outside influence both political and economic, the East member states will go much the same way. Over the economic abyss!

Today the wealthy, Germany, Britain, France, Italy and Spain are collectively being required to fund huge contributions to the poor economic nations of the member states. Today, Poland receives ten times more funding than any other member state. Once they've been dragged from poverty, their GDP increases proportionately to their very low population, the money tap will be turned off and turned on in some other region of East Europe. The idea, which isn't not a noble cause, is to reduce poverty within East Europe and close the wealth gap between the West and the East of the Union and thus make the United States Of Europe a level playing field for everyone.

A noble cause indeed. The problem with this economic noble cause is we in the West are funding this Neo Communistic ideology and the dream that every single member state including ours will be as poor or as wealthy as one another and our GDP's are exactly the same, will inevitably end with disaster. If I'm wrong and I ain't, itll be the first time in history anything associated with communism will have been called a success. And be certain of one thing, the noises you've heard recently from across The Pond are entirely about TTIP and the elites global vision that big business will flourish and prosper and the citizens of the United States Of Europe will be required to work longer, harder, faster and cheaper until, like the Britsh and soon the East Europeans, they identify another group from another Continent who are prepared to undercut everyone else and work longer, harder, faster and cheaper than the previous Army Of Slave Labour.

Please Vote Out. I'm begging you!