How many of you wash your recycling items?

Frank Smith

I was out walking the other day and could not help but notice how many people do not wash the items that they put into their recycle bins. I thought that this was required, also how many people put the wrong items in their bins, such as polythene and tin foil which they do not want. So I have created this poll and thread for discussion :Thumbs-Up:

I always clean bottles cartons etc before I place them in the recycle bin.

No Polythene!

No Bottle Tops!

No Silver Foil!

No Black Plastic!

I was out walking the other day and could not help but notice how many people do not wash the items that they put into their recycle bins. I thought that this was required, also how many people put the wrong items in their bins, such as polythene and tin foil which they do not want. So I have created this poll and thread for discussion :Thumbs-Up:

I always clean bottles cartons etc before I place them in the recycle bin.

No Polythene!

No Bottle Tops!

No Silver Foil!

No Black Plastic!

I have always recycled even before we had the wheeley bins, in the purple bags. Just one correction to your list above YOU CAN recycle silver foil containers and wrap as long as it is clean.

I have always recycled even before we had the wheeley bins, in the purple bags. Just one correction to your list above YOU CAN recycle silver foil containers and wrap as long as it is clean.

Sorry to disagree with you Councillor but please read the orange section NO FOIL.

Q. Why can I no longer put foil in my recycling?

A. There are a number of reasons why you can no longer put foil in your recycling. Firstly, it acts like paper in the sorting process making it difficult to separate. It also accounts for a negligible amount of the commingled recycling (approx 0.001%) and would take up valuable storage space at EnviroSort which can be more beneficially used for other materials.

Envirosort

If you want to recycle foil you will need to take it to;

Hereford City HWS/ TLS

Chapel Lane, Rotherwas, HR2 6LD

Waste types:

Mixed Metal Food & Drink Cans

Car Oil

Shoes

Car Batteries

Steel Food & Drink Cans

Garden Waste

All Plastic Bottles

Scrap Wood

May I suggest that you do your homework prior to making such statements Cllr Powell as you are wrong, no foil allowed.

I have the original paperwork where it states you can recycle foil containers / wrap as well as all the other items. If it has changed it is only recently because as a councillor I have not been advised of the change and I and my other councillor colleagues should of been. I also deposit foil in my recycle bin this week and I was not advised or asked to remove it.So I will be looking into this. In regard to your suggestion of my doing my homework I can assure you that I do! therefore I did not appreciate your coment.

I also deposit foil in my recycle bin this week and I was not advised or asked to remove it.

So you telling us that the bin men actually open your wheelie bin? because they never open any near me, lorry just picks them up and empties them.

On the stickers provided with the wheelie bins it is quite clear.

I have the original paperwork where it states you can recycle foil containers / wrap as well as all the other items. If it has changed it is only recently because as a councillor I have not been advised of the change and I and my other councillor colleagues should of been. I also deposit foil in my recycle bin this week and I was not advised or asked to remove it.So I will be looking into this. In regard to your suggestion of my doing my homework I can assure you that I do! therefore I did not appreciate your coment.

Yeah right...

So you telling us that the bin men actually open your wheelie bin? because they never open any near me, lorry just picks them up and empties them.

On the stickers provided with the wheelie bins it is quite clear.

I only have the small wheelie bin and it is always full so lid never close properly, and yes they do look they always have done! as I said to Colin yesterday I did not receive any stickers with my bin other than the white one to put my address and house number on.

I only have the small wheelie bin and it is always full so lid never close properly, and yes they do look they always have done! as I said to Colin yesterday I did not receive any stickers with my bin other than the white one to put my address and house number on.

Well then you are probably the only person who did not receive the sticker pack... If you have a look on all the wheelie bins they all have stickers, plain white to put your number on and in that same pack were the other stickers, you must of missed those, but the other stickers have a list of al the item that can be placed in the bins. Have a look at your neighbours next time they put them out and you will see what I mean. There was loads about all this stuff in the papers for weeks leading up to the wheelie bins being distributed so I am surprised that you did not know about the foil...I would like to see the letter you have, can you post it on here because I think you may of misread it.

You cannot put foil in the wheelie bins and it has been like that ever since I had my bin delivered. H Wilson is completely correct in the above post, stickers were provided to all households, so if you have the plain white sticker then you should have the rest as it was all in one sealed pack.

Go Here for full details.

I have also attached a PDF file of exactly what you can and cannot recycle

recycling_guide.pdf

Can I just say something here. I am not being nasty at all so please do not take this the wrong way, but Cllr Powell you are far to quick to respond, often replying so quickly but getting the facts totally incorrect. Like here for example

you have put the words YOU CAN in big letters to really bring your point across, but you are wrong! someone mkes a comment that maybe you should do your homework and immediately you attack them! you claim to have paperwork where it sates you can recycle foil containers? so can you upload that so that we can see it? as I do not believe that is correct, I think as someone else has alreasy said, that you have possibly misread it.

This is not the first time you have got things completely wrong. A member stated that a staff member of Amey's was a woman, in this post here and you replied

The girl who cut the verge along side your houses was not a member of Amey staff.
Where are you getting all the incorrect information, becasue she is clearly a member of the Amey team.

Now the most recent comment was made in this topic where you wrote

Colin, having read your post above I again contacted Amey,they advised me they were not Amey staff who cut the trees leaving some of it behind but Ross Tree Services.
ok I notice that you have corrected this statement further down within that discussion but a lot of these comments are incorrect but more importantly, this is confusing some people.

Can you not just double check everything before replying, there is nothing worse that getting the information totally wrong, especially as our local councillor as people take what you say as correct. I know you are doing you best and this is appreciated but you do seem to be eager to reply but it seems without a lot of thought, as I said, I am not being nasty but just making some observations.

Can I just say something here. I am not being nasty at all so please do not take this the wrong way, but Cllr Powell you are far to quick to respond, often replying so quickly but getting the facts totally incorrect. Like here for example you have put the words YOU CAN in big letters to really bring your point across, but you are wrong! someone mkes a comment that maybe you should do your homework and immediately you attack them! you claim to have paperwork where it sates you can recycle foil containers? so can you upload that so that we can see it? as I do not believe that is correct, I think as someone else has alreasy said, that you have possibly misread it.

This is not the first time you have got things completely wrong. A member stated that a staff member of Amey's was a woman, in this post here and you replied Where are you getting all the incorrect information, becasue she is clearly a member of the Amey team.

Now the most recent comment was made in this topic where you wrote ok I notice that you have corrected this statement further down within that discussion but a lot of these comments are incorrect but more importantly, this is confusing some people.

Can you not just double check everything before replying, there is nothing worse that getting the information totally wrong, especially as our local councillor as people take what you say as correct. I know you are doing you best and this is appreciated but you do seem to be eager to reply but it seems without a lot of thought, as I said, I am not being nasty but just making some observations.

without prejudice - In my position as councillor it is my duty to check / double check everything! as you saw in my last post Amey apologised for giving me the wrong information which I past on, if when checking the people concerned give out the wrong information you cannot lay that at my door! I am busy putting the finishing touches to my own website for the residents in my ward, for people that appreciate my working on their behalf. may I remind you all that I was the only councillor answering your questions until recently but obviously that has not been appreciated, let us see if any other councillor will help you now.

without prejudice - In my position as councillor it is my duty to check / double check everything! as you saw in my last post Amey apologised for giving me the wrong information which I past on, if when checking the people concerned give out the wrong information you cannot lay that at my door! I am busy putting the finishing touches to my own website for the residents in my ward, for people that appreciate my working on their behalf. may I remind you all that I was the only councillor answering your questions until recently but obviously that has not been appreciated, let us see if any other councillor will help you now.

Councillor,you clearly DO NOT check and double check everything or we would not be getting these incorrect statements, so please read my post again, I said I was not being nasty at all but some of the things that your were reporting were incorrect and it was confusing people (ie. silver foil) I also said that your work is appreciated, I just knew that you would take offence with a reply as you have done,it seems that some people cannot handle constructive criticism only the credit, nevermind.

Councillor,you clearly DO NOT check and double check everything or we would not be getting these incorrect statements, so please read my post again, I said I was not being nasty at all but some of the things that your were reporting were incorrect and it was confusing people (ie. silver foil) I also said that your work is appreciated, I just knew that you would take offence with a reply as you have done,it seems that some people cannot handle constructive criticism only the credit, nevermind.

Cllr Powell cannot take any form of being told "she was wrong" about something, thought you knew that Victor? hence, her reply to you, even though you had taken the time to write a constructive response without being nasty at all.

I have the original paperwork where it states you can recycle foil containers / wrap as well as all the other items.

Did you find this original paperwork after? I bet not...trouble is Cllr Powell you are full of your own self importance and you hate it when you get it wrong, listen, none of us are perfect including me but I know when to admit when I am wrong.

Sorry to disappoint you but as I said I do check / double check everything. I did not take it that you were being nasty, and I have not taken offence, also I can take constructive criticism otherwise I would not hold the position I do. As I have said before it is so easy to criticise someone when you hide behind your advitar!

Sorry to disappoint you but as I said I do check / double check everything. I did not take it that you were being nasty, and I have not taken offence, also I can take constructive criticism otherwise I would not hold the position I do. As I have said before it is so easy to criticise someone when you hide behind your advitar!

With reference to the above, If you check and double check everything, how do we have these incorrections? and I don't hide behind my avatar, I just don't have an online picture to upload yet. I was at the meeting last week at northolme centre, but you were not.

Cllr Powell cannot take any form of being told "she was wrong" about something, thought you knew that Victor? hence, her reply to you, even though you had taken the time to write a constructive response without being nasty at all.

That is where you are wrong, I do not profess to being perfect nobody is!

Did you find this original paperwork after? I bet not...trouble is Cllr Powell you are full of your own self importance and you hate it when you get it wrong, listen, none of us are perfect including me but I know when to admit when I am wrong.

Yes I have got the original paperwork, but I do not expect you to believe that, and it is obvious you don't, but I do not have to prove myself to anyone.

Alex if you knew me, which you don't, you would know I am not, and never have been full of my own importance. To answer your other question if you were at the parish council meeting at the Northolme Centre, you would of heard the clerk say that I was in Birmingham at a conference and if I was back in time I would attend the meeting!

Yes I have got the original paperwork, but I do not expect you to believe that, and it is obvious you don't, but I do not have to prove myself to anyone.

Alex if you knew me, which you don't, you would know I am not, and never have been full of my own importance. To answer your other question if you were at the parish council meeting at the Northolme Centre, you would of heard the clerk say that I was in Birmingham at a conference and if I was back in time I would attend the meeting!

Yes I heard that being said, the point I was making was that I do not hide behind my avatar as you claim.

You are correct I do not believe you, your full of ****....bullshit!! You make all these claims yet when you are asked to provide the evidence that you claim that you have (allthough nobody else seems to have this paperwork, only YOU) you refuse! more like it does not exist, you just do not like it when you are wrong end of!, there are other mistakes mentioned above too

You are correct I do not believe you, your full of ****....bullshit!! You make all these claims yet when you are asked to provide the evidence that you claim that you have (allthough nobody else seems to have this paperwork, only YOU) you refuse! more like it does not exist, you just do not like it when you are wrong end of!, there are other mistakes mentioned above too

Alex - you are entitled to your opinion, personally what you think of me doesn't matter to me, or has any effect on me what so ever!

The paperwork I have was issued to all councillors after we attended a meeting to discuss the introduction of the wheeley bin recycling service, where we all agreed what could / could not be recycled, also the fact that some residents would not be issued with a wheeley bin, but would carry on using the purple bags.

All meetings (with the exception of full council) and the paperwork of such meetings is confidential, therefore not for distribution on any website, hence why I did not post it. Can I suggest at the next election you stand, and IF ELECTED to represent the people you will then know what can / cannot be disclosed. It is obvious you do not realise the confidential side of being an elected member, also the rules we as councillors have to abide by. No matter, Is it any wonder why no other councillor other the recently elected one wants to come on Here to be criticised or verbally abused!

Councillor Powell, what planet are you on?? YOU said I hide behind my avatar, look at the above quotes of yours!

You were very quick to offer this so called confidential information (below)and no you are retracting it by claiming that it is confidential, how convenient!

I have the original paperwork where it states you can recycle foil containers / wrap as well as all the other items. If it has changed it is only recently because as a councillor I have not been advised of the change and I and my other councillor colleagues should of been.

It's no wonder none of the other councillors want to come online here, getting into any dialogue with you is a nightmare!! You are quite often wrong and make statements that are incorrect, but always blame something else for your incompetence, such as "I was not informed" etc...