How many of you wash your recycling items?

Frank Smith

So you telling us that the bin men actually open your wheelie bin? because they never open any near me, lorry just picks them up and empties them.

On the stickers provided with the wheelie bins it is quite clear.

Yes they do open my bin, but it is more of a curiocity why they do it, they tell me they are intersted to see what I, as a councillor, put in my recycling. So yes they see the contents of my recycling bin and never questioned, or advised me I was putting the wrong things into it. I have had the same binmen for years. As I said before I did not have any stickers with my small bin only the white one for my house number and address.

Yes they do open my bin, but it is more of a curiocity why they do it, they tell me they are intersted to see what I, as a councillor, put in my recycling. So yes they see the contents of my recycling bin and never questioned, or advised me I was putting the wrong things into it. I have had the same binmen for years. As I said before I did not have any stickers with my small bin only the white one for my house number and address.

Yeah you said all this once Cllr? Bin men need a talking too then as there are clearly taking the wrong items, have you answered any of the above?

Councillor Powell, what planet are you on?? YOU said I hide behind my avatar, look at the above quotes of yours!

You were very quick to offer this so called confidential information (below)and no you are retracting it by claiming that it is confidential, how convenient!

It's no wonder none of the other councillors want to come online here, getting into any dialogue with you is a nightmare!! You are quite often wrong and make statements that are incorrect, but always blame something else for your incompetence, such as "I was not informed" etc...

I had the same thought?

Councillor Powell, what planet are you on?? YOU said I hide behind my avatar, look at the above quotes of yours!

You were very quick to offer this so called confidential information (below)and no you are retracting it by claiming that it is confidential, how convenient!

It's no wonder none of the other councillors want to come online here, getting into any dialogue with you is a nightmare!! You are quite often wrong and make statements that are incorrect, but always blame something else for your incompetence, such as "I was not informed" etc...

whoa have I touched a raw nerve Alex?

To answer all your questions

1. You have quoted a segment of an answer to Victor (page 1) where I mentioned about hiding behind an avatar, so it makes me wonder from your response if you are here writing under two avatar? you also said you have not got round to uplifting a photo, considering you join in June 2010, and it is now Oct 2011, just over 15 months later one has to conclude you have never intended to uplift a photo? I live on planet earth, which planet are you on?

2. What I said /printed below that section was not confidential but all other information in the paperwork was. I have not, and have no intention in the future of devolving confidential information to anyone!

3. the reason why no other councillor wishes to come on line here is because they see how you treat me, and do not wish to have the same treatment. We all are members of the Belmont parish council and we all get on very well together.

1. You have quoted a segment of an answer to Victor (page 1) where I mentioned about hiding behind an avatar, so it makes me wonder from your response if you are here writing under two avatar? you also said you have not got round to uplifting a photo, considering you join in June 2010, and it is now Oct 2011, just over 15 months later one has to conclude you have never intended to uplift a photo? I live on planet earth, which planet are you on?
2. What I said /printed below that section was not confidential but all other information in the paperwork was. I have not, and have no intention in the future of devolving confidential information to anyone!
3. the reason why no other councillor wishes to come on line here is because they see how you treat me, and do not wish to have the same treatment. We all are members of the Belmont parish council and we all get on very well together.

Well you were having conversations with both of us, so possibly my mistake, I thought you were referring to me when you said about members hiding behind their avatars, I assumed you meant anyone without a picture of themselves, so I included myself and no I do not have 2 alias either! Neither do I have a digital picture of myself to upload, regardless of how long I have been a member here, what does that have to do with it? and the other councilors do not come on here because of you! and you know it, other members have pointed this out over the months, so stop trying to deviate away from the real reason.
You have still not provided the letter that you were so quick to tell us about! why tell us about a letter then say that you cannot publish it?? ha haha you are so predictable you really are, I just knew there was no such letter, and how out of touch are you if you don't even know what we can and can't recycle! It has not changed since day one!  :Blushing_32:

Well you were having conversations with both of us, so possibly my mistake, I thought you were referring to me when you said about members hiding behind their avatars, I assumed you meant anyone without a picture of themselves, so I included myself and no I do not have 2 alias either! Neither do I have a digital picture of myself to upload, regardless of how long I have been a member here, what does that have to do with it? and the other councilors do not come on here because of you! and you know it, other members have pointed this out over the months, so stop trying to deviate away from the real reason.
You have still not provided the letter that you were so quick to tell us about! why tell us about a letter then say that you cannot publish it?? ha haha you are so predictable you really are, I just knew there was no such letter, and how out of touch are you if you don't even know what we can and can't recycle! It has not changed since day one! :Blushing_32: 

I am sure if you ask him Colin would oblige by taking your picture for you, as I said if you had any intention of putting a picture up you would of done it by now, some people like to be confrontational whist staying annonamous. I gave someone else who continually had a go at me on here the opportunity to meet with me face to face, todate he has not taken up the offer in fact he has disappeared from this website. It just goes to show you don't know me because I am not predictable,in fact the dead opposite. Also the paperwork does exist but I do not have to prove it to you. Again I am not out of touch on the contary I am on the ball. Your comment about the other councillors isn't true either when it was said before Colin set you all straight Frankly my continual dialog with you have not only become boreing yawn! yawn! but repetative and tiresome. END OF!!!

I was inquisitive about this,

So I asked one of our refuse collectors this question today and he informed me that it would be more than his job is worth to look inside anyone's bin! he said that this is a load of baloney, simply because it would be considered an invasion of privacy, it is also against the law and they are VERY HOT on this sort of thing and it results in instant dismissal. The fact that I am a bin man does not give me the right to look into or through anyone's bin.

I had a feeling his would be illegal.

So I asked one of our refuse collectors this question today and he informed me that it would be more than his job is worth to look inside anyone's bin! he said that this is a load of baloney, simply because it would be considered an invasion of privacy, it is also against the law and they are VERY HOT on this sort of thing and it results in instant dismissal. The fact that I am a bin man does not give me the right to look into or through anyone's bin.

I never thought of it like that but yes I guess it would be illegal, good point

I never thought of it like that but yes I guess it would be illegal, good point

I think you will find that it is not illegal, for two reasons.

1. recently a resident contacted me because the men refused to empty the recycling bin and put a red label on it,when I contacted the officer he said' when we open the bin it was found to have unclean takeaway food containers in it' when told this I contacted the resident and went to see them, and they admitted the food container was put into the bin.

2. On another occasion this time fly tipping of black bags, the bags were opened for evidence who placed them where they were dumped, which they found and the resident was prosecuted. If you watch these programs on TV you will often see on camera officers going through the rubbish to find any correspondence with 'names / address' on it for evidence.

I think you will find that it is not illegal, for two reasons.

1. recently a resident contacted me because the men refused to empty the recycling bin and put a red label on it,when I contacted the officer he said' when we open the bin it was found to have unclean takeaway food containers in it' when told this I contacted the resident and went to see them, and they admitted the food container was put into the bin.

2. On another occasion this time fly tipping of black bags, the bags were opened for evidence who placed them where they were dumped, which they found and the resident was prosecuted. If you watch these programs on TV you will often see on camera officers going through the rubbish to find any correspondence with 'names / address' on it for evidence.

Councillor you really do talk some codswallop! "Someone has always telephoned you" eh... of course it is illegal! if that was the case I could just go through anyones bin and get all their personal information and have an identidy creative time! It is called DATA PROTECTION may I suggest you read up on it! also try contacting the police and see what they tell you, it is totally illegal!! illegal!! illegal!!

I just read this article Here you may find it interesting.

The legal term "invasion of privacy" refers primarily to a person's right to keep his or her life private and free from the intrusion of others, this also includes private details that you even throw away in your general household waste. It is often associated with a public figure's right to be left alone by the media, although many public aspects of a celebrity's life are not protected. Invasion of privacy charges are usually presented in a civil lawsuit against an organization that has crossed a perceived line into a celebrity or other person's private life, or have used his or her likeness or name in an unauthorized public manner. It would be more likely that a national tabloid would face an invasion of privacy lawsuit than a private citizen.

Modern invasion of privacy laws essentially protect people in four different ways: intrusion of solitude, public disclosure of private facts, false light, and appropriation. The media is protected by the First Amendment right to free speech, as long as the published or broadcast material does not violate personal privacy and is either verifiable as true or presented as an opinion, clearly not a statement of fact. This condition is why many such lawsuits do not prevail in court. The defendant can always claim the information was presented as a hypothetical or speculative piece, and not obtained through any invasion of privacy.

I am suprised that someone who holds a position of a councillor does not know basics of the law in the UK? Looking through another persons bin is definately illegal, of that, I have no doubt. Common sense should tell you that.

P. Rowe has hit the nail on the head, identidy theft is rife and this would be one of the easiest ways of gaining someone's personal details, bank statements etc... you would be suprised how many people (especially old and vulnerable people) put sensitive materiel in their bins.

Just because someone from the council decides to put red tape on a bin becasue it has un clean food cartons in it, does not make their action legal!

(It is generally considered polite and requested that you please wash food cartons, prior to putting them into your recycle bin but it is not a legal requirement)

With regard to checking details from fly tipping, that is slightly different as that is rubbish that has been dumped! So it would not be considered an invasion of privacy.

I am suprised that someone who holds a position of a councillor does not know basics of the law in the UK? Looking through another persons bin is definately illegal, of that, I have no doubt. Common sense should tell you that.

P. Rowe has hit the nail on the head, identidy theft is rife and this would be one of the easiest ways of gaining someone's personal details, bank statements etc... you would be suprised how many people (especially old and vulnerable people) put sensitive materiel in their bins.

Just because someone from the council decides to put red tape on a bin becasue it has un clean food cartons in it, does not make their action legal!

(It is generally considered polite and requested that you please wash food cartons, prior to putting them into your recycle bin but it is not a legal requirement)

With regard to checking details from fly tipping, that is slightly different as that is rubbish that has been dumped! So it would not be considered an invasion of privacy.

That's about right Mick. Totally illegal and an invasion of privacy obviously.

Councillor you really do talk some codswallop! "Someone has always telephoned you" eh... of course it is illegal! if that was the case I could just go through anyones bin and get all their personal information and have an identidy creative time! It is called DATA PROTECTION may I suggest you read up on it! also try contacting the police and see what they tell you, it is totally illegal!! illegal!! illegal!!

I just read this article Here you may find it interesting.

P.Rowe, I did not say the resident phoned me, actually they stopped me in the street where they live in Hunderton, (after I stopped speaking to one of their neighbours who was complaining about the traffic going up a one way street the wrong way) I came home to phone the officer to ask him to send the bin men back to collect the recycling as they were still in the area, when he told me 'they had looked in the bin' and found an uncleaned takeaway container in there I walked back to the residents home to tell them what I had been told, at which time the resident showed me the unclean container in the bin. pray tell me if the bin men had not open the bin and looked inside they would not of seen it, the resident also confirmed this, when they were ask by the resident why they had put a red label on the bin and not emptied it, So please don't tell me I am talking codswallop when I was shown the container in the bin.

P.Rowe, I did not say the resident phoned me, actually they stopped me in the street where they live in Hunderton, (after I stopped speaking to one of their neighbours who was complaining about the traffic going up a one way street the wrong way) I came home to phone the officer to ask him to send the bin men back to collect the recycling as they were still in the area, when he told me 'they had looked in the bin' and found an uncleaned takeaway container in there I walked back to the residents home to tell them what I had been told, at which time the resident showed me the unclean container in the bin. pray tell me if the bin men had not open the bin and looked inside they would not of seen it, the resident also confirmed this, when they were ask by the resident why they had put a red label on the bin and not emptied it, So please don't tell me I am talking codswallop when I was shown the container in the bin.

Oh ok ok I am not going to argue over words! telephoned, contacted you, stopped you in the street then, whatever!

I am not disputing that they found unclean food containers in a bin.

But I was actually referring to your comment about the bin men looking in YOUR bin! (read my whole reply) and the fact that it is illegal!!

Even though you seem to think it is not with your examples.

This is the post. So when I said codswallop I meant your comment about the bin men looking thru your bin not being illegal, when it obviously is!

I am aware of the law thank you having had serving members of the police force in my family, also my contact with the police in the course of my council duties. I am well aware of identity theft is rife where do you think these people get their information from if not by going through the bin. I agree a lot of people not thinking put sensative material in their bin bags. I should hope that anyone would think twice about putting letters, bank statements or bills etc in their recycling bin, but to some people it is all paper to be recycled!

Have you stopped to think that your recycling is sorted either by hand or machine when it gets to the recycling plant so it is obviously looked at by someone at some point! Just as a point of information when people are looking through bags that have been dumped they are not police officers but people employed by a local authority.

I had a feeling this would be illegal.

I am not being funny here but I would not have Cllr Powell on here, she is completely out ot touch with everything and everyone, she is never wrong, yes she has done some good things over the years without question but in the last 12 months she has got into disputes in virtually every topic, often giving out the wrong information. If you are going make such statements you should at least make sure what you are saying is correct. Several members have tried to explain to her, that some of the details she has posted is wrong but then immediately she jumps down their throats! and goes off on one, saying that she was not informed or words to the effect but never once have I seen her appologise for mistakes she has made, never her fault, always someone else's, sorry but that is how I see it. Christ, we all make mistakes and at time we can be misinformed, sometimes something has been updated that we have missed, that's just life, but to claim everytime that she checks and double checks everything is just not true, becasue if it was we would not be seeing these continious errors.

Rant over.... :Winky:  

Sorry to disagree with you Councillor but please read the orange section NO FOIL.

Q. Why can I no longer put foil in my recycling?

A. There are a number of reasons why you can no longer put foil in your recycling. Firstly, it acts like paper in the sorting process making it difficult to separate. It also accounts for a negligible amount of the commingled recycling (approx 0.001%) and would take up valuable storage space at EnviroSort which can be more beneficially used for other materials.

Envirosort

If you want to recycle foil you will need to take it to;

Hereford City HWS/ TLS

Chapel Lane, Rotherwas, HR2 6LD

Waste types:

Mixed Metal Food & Drink Cans

Car Oil

Shoes

Car Batteries

Steel Food & Drink Cans

Garden Waste

All Plastic Bottles

Scrap Wood

Also old paint and radio and torch batteries, but Glenda knows best, write or wrong.

without prejudice - In my position as councillor it is my duty to check / double check everything! as you saw in my last post Amey apologised for giving me the wrong information which I past on, if when checking the people concerned give out the wrong information you cannot lay that at my door! I am busy putting the finishing touches to my own website for the residents in my ward, for people that appreciate my working on their behalf. may I remind you all that I was the only councillor answering your questions until recently but obviously that has not been appreciated, let us see if any other councillor will help you now.

But you have done so again, you are wrong! Wrong! Wrong. Any other wrong information.

Alex - you are entitled to your opinion, personally what you think of me doesn't matter to me, or has any effect on me what so ever!

The paperwork I have was issued to all councillors after we attended a meeting to discuss the introduction of the wheeley bin recycling service, where we all agreed what could / could not be recycled, also the fact that some residents would not be issued with a wheeley bin, but would carry on using the purple bags.

All meetings (with the exception of full council) and the paperwork of such meetings is confidential, therefore not for distribution on any website, hence why I did not post it. Can I suggest at the next election you stand, and IF ELECTED to represent the people you will then know what can / cannot be disclosed. It is obvious you do not realise the confidential side of being an elected member, also the rules we as councillors have to abide by. No matter, Is it any wonder why no other councillor other the recently elected one wants to come on Here to be criticised or verbally abused!

I think it was a grate mistake that people voted for you, we will not do that mistake again. :Thumbs-Down:

Alex I totally agree with you, Glenda must go, but who will have her :Happy_32:  of her.

I wonder why? .......

Again Glenda you live in Cuckoo cloud.