How many of you wash your recycling items?

Frank Smith

P.Rowe, I did not say the resident phoned me, actually they stopped me in the street where they live in Hunderton, (after I stopped speaking to one of their neighbours who was complaining about the traffic going up a one way street the wrong way) I came home to phone the officer to ask him to send the bin men back to collect the recycling as they were still in the area, when he told me 'they had looked in the bin' and found an uncleaned takeaway container in there I walked back to the residents home to tell them what I had been told, at which time the resident showed me the unclean container in the bin. pray tell me if the bin men had not open the bin and looked inside they would not of seen it, the resident also confirmed this, when they were ask by the resident why they had put a red label on the bin and not emptied it, So please don't tell me I am talking codswallop when I was shown the container in the bin.

I just dont believe that, I think you are a good story teller, suffering from harmless illusions

• 2 years later...

If it doesn't have food on, it goes in the green bin. I rinse jars but that's about it :)

Now... how do I get rid of these black bags of grass from the garden that say no garden waste, no refuse, no recycling, no cardboard, no plastic, no metal, no glass?
Taking a wild stab in the dark - you want me to buy different colours bags right?

I can't see why we have to fork out for green bags at £6 a roll...if you put the green waste in a non-Council green bag they won't take it.

What is the difference between a green and a black bag? They both go to landfill and the bin men come round anyway so why do I have to pay for green bags? It's ridiculous.

Just read every post on this story ,very interesting , could not see the answer to my question , below .

One question ,which I am sure that the more knowledgable poster will know - is how much revenue does HCC earn per year from ,I presume selling all our washed recyclables ?

• 1 year later...

One question ,which I am sure that the more knowledgable poster will know - is how much revenue does HCC earn per year from ,I presume selling all our washed recyclables ?

I don't know a figure but Metal must be a really big earner ... That's why people steal drain covers ... When I go to the football people emerge during the match to hoover up all the discarded beer cans ... I don't see this as I'm watching the football ! (not here by the way)