New Stores Opening in Hereford

Colin James

On a more positive theme there have been some encouraging discussions about new stores opening in Hereford.

Ragwert has informed us that the designer store Flannels is one of those shops due to open in the former H&M store in Commercial Street

Flannels.jpg

photo courtesy of ilovenewcastleuk

Who else is opening in High Town Hereford?

I think you should look at the prices first, Way over priced and since other stores are having problems, i can not see this one lasting long.

I like the idea of a new store, but it is just the same old thing we have already got apart from having sky high prices, there is nothing then really, so still nothing in the city centre to entice people in.

TBH, I try to avoid town these days, if I go into town it is just the shops I need to go in and then back home, even stopping for a coffee with friends is getting annoying because of the constant noise from the un-required roadworks that is going on.

I think you should look at the prices first, Way over priced and since other stores are having problems, i can not see this one lasting long.

I like the idea of a new store, but it is just the same old thing we have already got apart from having sky high prices, there is nothing then really, so still nothing in the city centre to entice people in.

TBH, I try to avoid town these days, if I go into town it is just the shops I need to go in and then back home, even stopping for a coffee with friends is getting annoying because of the constant noise from the un-required roadworks that is going on.

This is supposed to be a positive discussion, I do not think I have ever experienced anyone as negative as you Adrian. Your not happy about anything! 

There is clearly a market for designer brand names but you know better of course.  :Thumbs-Down:

There may be a market for designer clothes, however, us mere mortals that survive on "below national average" wages/part time etc can't realistically afford to shop in these type of places. Maybe it will become the fashion outlet of choice for our esteemed councillors with their expense accounts and 50k+ a year salaries.

Have a look at the prices www.flannels.com/men/clothing/jackets-and-coats and you will see what I mean - no way in hell would I pay £45 for a pullover/sweatshirt!

There may be a market for designer clothes, however, us mere mortals that survive on "below national average" wages/part time etc can't realistically afford to shop in these type of places. Maybe it will become the fashion outlet of choice for our esteemed councillors with their expense accounts and 50k+ a year salaries.

Have a look at the prices www.flannels.com/men/clothing/jackets-and-coats and you will see what I mean - no way in hell would I pay £45 for a pullover/sweatshirt!

That is you! But I would pay these prices and often I do especially if it is a particular brand like Stone Island. You only get what you pay for, it is not for everyone I understand but I think you would be surprised at how many people will buy branded products regardless of price. I look forward to this new shop coming to Hereford.

There is obviously a market for shops like this in Hereford, Flannels will provide the void left when Jingo closed. Pritchards, Homme and Callendras all have their regular customers, and might stop people going to Birmingham, Cardiff or Cheltenham. You only have to go to Edgar Street on a Saturday to see the market for Stone Island, Lacoste and the likes of Moncler is thriving in Hereford.

F**k sake Adrian,change the bloody record please.

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...