9 Months Since Accident On Notorious Hereford Junction

Colin James

On April 15th last year there was this accident on the Asda (A465) junction Belmont Road Hereford in which a cattle trailer carrying sheep overturned, killing all 20 sheep onboard. 

I took this photograph this morning and as you can see, we are 9 months on and NOTHING appears to have been done with regard to replacing the broken lights?? How long does it take to put things back as they were?

Belmont Road.jpg

Hard to believe that 9 months have passed already but no big shock here, I expect it to still look like this in another 6 months time. Great eh, they will NOT have a trial to turn the traffic lights off as apparently, it would be dangerous but not repairing/replacing signals and lights is okay..

lamp.jpg

This 2011 image is still floating about on google which shows what the sheep lorry wiped out. It was a tall street lamp. I can only assume that the powers that be have decided that the light is not a priority to replace. Would this be the Highways Agency as it's a main 'A' road ? 

• 1 year later...

Driving around the bone shaking roads of the county as one does the whole of the county's roads are in a pretty bad state - pot holes faded white and yellow lines and so on. We have not yet had a great of rain but we no doubt will in the next couple of months that alongwith any frost will rip up the roads even more.  A huge sum of money was poured into the pot hole fund last year and  again this year.  Where has it all gone?

Off topic slightly I know  

In my gripe about the state of the roads I should have added that because the gulleys/ditches have not been cleared out since Adam was a lad every time there is a bit of rain there are huge puddles.  So you drive through them because you have to and hit a pot hole.  I know somebody who has gone through 6 tyres since October 2016!

• 1 month later...