Herefordshire Council Elections 2015

dippyhippy

Hi Bethell, a full list of candidates for all wards is on page2 of this thread, post number 27.

Jacqui Carwardine....Lib Dem.

Andrew Cooper.... Conservative.

Glenda Vaughn Powell......Independent.

Phil Edwards....Independant.

Jamal Haider....IOC.

Hope this helps you.

Belmont: there is an Independent, Conservative and IOC. Newton Farm: two Independent (which one is me) Lib Dem, Conservative and IOC. If you look on the other post for Herefordshire council candidates it gives you all candidates names and their groups for each ward. It is also in last Thursdays HT.

Maggie May, the Inspectors Inquiry into the Core Strategy at Belmont Hedley Lodge is the result of  the consultation as she was not pleased that the information was not up to date, therefore she ordered a consultation. She was aware of the poudar period, but she had the authority as a government inspector  to call for the consultation in the poudar period.

Ah.

The chief exec. I thought about him the other day. Lionel Ritchie was on the radio singing.

"Hello" crooned Lionel,  " Is it me you're looking for?"

And it suddenly struck me.....

"Ode To An Invisible Man."

I wonder where you are,

And I wonder what you do,

Are you sitting in your office?

Is Geoff Hughes in there too?

Tell me how you earn your wage,

'Cos I haven't got a clue,

So let me start by saying......

......Who are you?????

By D. Hippy.

There you go, Mr. Neill. That one's just for you.

Some information on local candidates with mug shots can be found here:

Not all of the above information is complete. IOC do not refer to Wormside and Newton Farm wards. Some of those listed in Herefordshire Independents are not standing again and also the wards are named under the previous boundary system. All rather confusing.

Thanks so much, Megilleland, for making such a great effort to get this information on the thread.

I truly believe that folks will find it useful and informative.

(Hey Flam, that's odd....my green button isn't working either on this note book thingy, I wanted to give Megilleland a press, for his sterling work!)

I'm standing in stoney street for IOC

Can I ask you for your support in campaining against the link road from the B4349 to A465 which was suggested by our current Ward councillor and is now going through my garden.  It also means the destruction of 3 ancient oak trees. HC and PB will not consider moving the road. Hopefully enough IOC candidates will be on HC after May and will look more sympathetically on the need for this road to nowhere.  People need to be made aware, that although they may not be directly affected, would they like to see hundreds of houses built on this beautiful landscape, It would be nice to meet you. I was wondering if you might be at the Parish Council meeting on Thursday 23rd April. The conservative candiate for Stoney Street was at the last meeting.

Only joined this group a few hours ago but wondered if I had accidentally joined the Its Our County party (with honorary membership for Glenda V-P).  As an Independent  candidate for Hagley this would not look too good!

Good though to see some articles with some bite.

Welcome jeanharris and mikefitz its is nice to see new members. You are only seeing these posts because the election is upon us, in fairness there are quite a few councillors registered some are a lot more active than others. There are lots of debates if you click on the navigation button and the top and read thru the various forums. 

Jeanharris, when this road was first suggested back in 2004 it had a river crossing as well,  now the plans have change also the direction of the road I do not support it anymore, like yourself I am opposed to the destruction of the woods and Oak trees also as it stands now it simply  will not relieve the congestion on the A465, some mornings when I open my curtains the traffic has built up and at a standstill outside my home in Newton Farm. Alas the other councillor recently moved to Newton Farm supports it.

Can I ask you for your support in campaining against the link road from the B4349 to A465 which was suggested by our current Ward councillor and is now going through my garden.  It also means the destruction of 3 ancient oak trees. HC and PB will not consider moving the road. Hopefully enough IOC candidates will be on HC after May and will look more sympathetically on the need for this road to nowhere.  People need to be made aware, that although they may not be directly affected, would they like to see hundreds of houses built on this beautiful landscape, It would be nice to meet you. I was wondering if you might be at the Parish Council meeting on Thursday 23rd April. The conservative candiate for Stoney Street was at the last meeting.

Hi Jean and a very warm welcome.

Some of us including myself went to the exhibition event at the Three Counties Hotel a few months ago. It was quite clear for most of those that attended that there was little support for this scheme. Generally seen as an excuse to build houses in big numbers with a hope that Rotherwas might provide work for anyone moving into the boxes..after the event of course! Not due to be complete until 2018 at best the big sell is that a bridge might follow but not until the 2020's maybe. On this site there is support for an Eastern Bypass for the A49 with a new bridge obviously. You will find a lot of support here Jean and this will become one of the big topics post election.

Only joined this group a few hours ago but wondered if I had accidentally joined the Its Our County party (with honorary membership for Glenda V-P).  As an Independent  candidate for Hagley this would not look too good!

Good Evening Mike Fitz

I'm a relative newby to the site and as Mick said we are currently in pre election mode.

I joined back in September and have quickly picked up on those Councillors who do stirling work for their communities many of which are independent or IOC and some operate within this site however all are welcome.

I guess it does look a little biased towards these groups however for me this is more about disaffection for the five party national option. At least locally we can measure performance and although IOC is a party it's prime concern is for the future of Herefordshire and not some national party user manual.Please bookmark the site chap I have a feeling it's going to get busy here!

Good Evening Mike Fitz

I'm a relative newby to the site and as Mick said we are currently in pre election mode.

I joined back in September and have quickly picked up on those Councillors who do stirling work for their communities many of which are independent or IOC and some operate within this site however all are welcome.

I guess it does look a little biased towards these groups however for me this is more about disaffection for the five party national option. At least locally we can measure performance and although IOC is a party it's prime concern is for the future of Herefordshire and not some national party user manual.Please bookmark the site chap I have a feeling it's going to get busy here!