Herefordshire Council Elections 2015

dippyhippy

Hi Chris Chappell, Quick fire question to you, whilst canvassing my ward a good number of residents have informed me that Bob Matthews has been telling them pretty outrageous lies about me, quite clearly his idea of a smear campaign. I hear you're a very knowledgeable and respected stand up Councillor. Is this within election law what he's doing? For me it kind of shows the measure of the man.

Good afternoon all,

I have been reading the posts on Hereford Voice for the past few weeks following a discussion with Glenda.   Just a quick intro! I am the Independent candidate for the College Ward and the only candidate who lives in the College Ward.

I am enjoying reading the various discussions and I will try and get involved when I feel I can add value.

Great to see lots of people engaging in the posts and expressing various different view points.

Kind regards

Roger

I have heard some controversial comments that all wards apart from Leominster have a candidate from IOC and yet in the HT I thought it said there were 12 wards without any candidates one of these being my neighbouring parish of Callow. Can anyone put me right on this please.

Good afternoon all,

I have been reading the posts on Hereford Voice for the past few weeks following a discussion with Glenda.   Just a quick intro! I am the Independent candidate for the College Ward and the only candidate who lives in the College Ward.

I am enjoying reading the various discussions and I will try and get involved when I feel I can add value.

Great to see lots of people engaging in the posts and expressing various different view points.

Kind regards

Roger

Hi Roger and welcome.

Here's a subject that needs a cool head and some concerted involvement from elected members, which we haven't yet seen.

If anything, it appears that in "unison" with the trade union on site, senior council officers have become a law unto themselves, to the detriment of employees and fee paying union members.  It would be gratifying to see a few heads 'banged together' and some scrutiny over a. their behaviour and b. the public money squandered hand over fist in both dishing it out and covering it all up.

http://www.herefordvoice.co.uk/topic/1457-decision-notice-the-bullying-of-disabled-council-staff/

Thanks !

Good afternoon all,

Kind regards

Roger

Hi Roger .... I wish you would have engaged more on this site prior to your first post as it came after a fair few postal votes may well have been posted back! Those envelopes arrived on Saturday! Although I am well aware you met my wife the other day when I was elsewhere! A week last Sunday that was! I relate to the fact that you live on my ward but how can you convince me that you are better than a strong 'It's Our County' Group' ? ps .... I did like the bit in your leaflet about the grass cutting .... Not worded in those terms but you seemed to be aware of the grass problems .... 

I will also add that the appeal of a 'local' ward resident will dilute the support of the 'It's Our County' Candidate .... So voting is pretty Marginal I think .... It may lead to Brian Wilcox getting in by default. The guy is nice enough but some of the Council decisions in the last few years have been so poor that he would never get my vote .... 

Hi Jean, Callow is part of wormside so Paul Thomas is doing that one for IOC. McEvilly Mark Thomas has run twice before for the conservatives last time being for St Nicholas ward, for some reason the conservatives don't have people living or working in the wards they are standing in.

Roger, having read your post (158) Roger Goodwin is a excellent candidate for our Independent group, he is young, intelligent, works very hard for the young people in regard to sport, he has met with the local group and is eager to help the community of the college, and everyone knows him as he lives on the ward, what else could you want as a prospective candidate for where you live?  Glenda

Hi Dazza, only just spotted your post - 152 -above. Can you share any of what has been said/implied??

Maybe the best way of dealing with it, is to challenge whatever it is he has said, and perhaps set the record straight with the facts??

That doesn't of course mean that all prospective constituents in Credenhill Ward will read HV, but Hereford's a small place..... people talk, and it might be a starting point.

I dont know election rules inside out, but common decency tells me that one candidate should not be telling "outrageous lies" about another.

Hi Dazza, only just spotted your post - 152 -above. Can you share any of what has been said/implied??

Maybe the best way of dealing with it, is to challenge whatever it is he has said, and perhaps set the record straight with the facts??

That doesn't of course mean that all prospective constituents in Credenhill Ward will read HV, but Hereford's a small place..... people talk, and it might be a starting point.

I dont know election rules inside out, but common decency tells me that one candidate should not be telling "outrageous lies" about another.

Hi dippyhippy, to be honest I don't really mind what Bob Matthews says, I wont go down the route of Ad Hominem with him...always a loser. Whilst canvassing houses he has already been to the old rogue had been telling the residents that Im barred from working as a nurse and barred from the National Trust to whom I am a custodian of. I do believe that our chair of exec' is writing to him to warn him off so its all on hand. Bit naughty of him though....but expected nevertheless.

Evening Dazza.

Blimey. If that's what he has been saying on the door steps, I'm not surprised you're cross!

Glad to hear the situation is being dealt with. Keep your dignified silence, and your head held high!

Not long to go......

I've had lots of people as I've been canvassing mention other candidates in the running but I find it unprofessional to comment on them and only express my views on the benifits that IOC and I can bring to the ward and City. Time is indeed ticking. Good luck everyone.

Roger, having read your post (158) Roger Goodwin is a excellent candidate for our Independent group, he is young, intelligent, works very hard for the young people in regard to sport, he has met with the local group and is eager to help the community of the college, and everyone knows him as he lives on the ward, what else could you want as a prospective candidate for where you live?  Glenda

He caught me at the third attempt. I did appreciate his visit. Spent 30 minutes chatting. Seemed a very nice chap. Resonated with me with football straight away.I have now spoke to 3 of 4 candidates for the local Election. :-)

Amanda Martin what an absolute star. She standing in Widemarsh but I contacted her concerning a major issue I'm having in Credenhill, not met her before nut she's pulled out all the stops to help me with advice in her professional area. I'm sure her ward will be really lucky to have her as a councillor. Thanx Amanda x

Please don't tell him that.   :-)

I have been feeding John and the others at HQ to save them from themselves and the mountain of Werther's Originals which appears to be what they have been living on, along with custard creams, judging by the crumbs.    The cheeky f*cker scores the dishes.  I'm currently waiting for feedback on a vegan stir fry with coconut,tahini and spring onion fried rice. 

An interesting day.

The other half is on a rest day. The letterbox went. It was a leaflet from the conservative candidate. It said that they called, and were sorry to have missed the householder. They would have simply loved to have had the opportunity to discuss any local issues.

Mindful that my laminated list of questions is still stuck to the back of the front door, and I'm getting quite grumpy that I'm not having much luck grilling the prospective candidates, my other half shut the dog in the garden, went to the front door,opened it and looked out...... fair play to them, they were already five doors down the street -  but whoever it was it wasn't even the candidate!

No chance of a chat then......!

(That stir fry sounds delicious! )

Have any posters had the pleasure of meeting either of these candidates:

Standing in the Belmont Rural Ward  Chester Mark James 3 Howton Grove Barns, Wormbridge, Herefordshire, HR2 9DY Conservative Party Candidate D Rosser(P), W Willson(S), A Thomas, G J Cooke, H M Cooper, A D Cooper, C J Trout, S Trout, I E Goodman, R Hyde-Smith Harlow 

Standing in the Birch Ward David George Llanrothal Court, Llanrothal, Herefordshire, NP25 5QJ Conservative Party Candidate Sarah Mathews(P), Brian H Thomas(S), H R Thomas, R W Brimacombe, G L Brimacombe, Lesley Gare, S M Coates, R W J Turner, Charles Cave, Michael Shaw 

Listed below are names of 6 of the Conservative candidates standing for election as Ward Councillors in the County of Herefordshire

James Callam Johnson

Tom Kennedy

John Johnson

David George Harlow

Mark Mcevilly

Mark James Chester

What friends do all these prospective Conservative councillors have in common.

a)  Friends from school

b)  Friends from college

c)  Friends from Freedom Church 

All answers gratefully received.

Is it just coincidence that they're all from the Conservative party or is there another link?

Listed below are names of 6 of the Conservative candidates standing for election as Ward Councillors in the County of Herefordshire

James Callam Johnson

Tom Kennedy

John Johnson

David George Harlow

Mark Mcevilly

Mark James Chester

What friends do all these prospective Conservative councillors have in common.

a)  Friends from school

b)  Friends from college

c)  Friends from Freedom Church 

All answers gratefully received.

Is it just coincidence that they're all from the Conservative party or is there another link?

I think you have been too vague here .... I might have a friend in the Freedom Church, via a social media site, and not know it as I am a friend for a different reason ... Is this trawl of FB lists?

On a separate issue Roger Goodwin delivered me yet another copy of his leaflet tonight. (College Ward).... The pic I took is pretty rubbish but the added detail is the hastily added sticker that says he is is the only person who lives on the ward he is standing in .... Sorry if you can't read it but that's basically what it says .... 

IMG_4117.jpg

I had this card put through my letterbox this evening by the Conservatives.

post-2-0-82864200-1430944751.jpgpost-2-0-45729500-1430944839.jpg

On the reverse it states that Andrew Cooper is the right choice for Herefeordshire and Hereford City He is standing in the Herefordshire Council election Newton Farm ward. Are there any elections for the Hereford City Council taking place as I haven't seen anything mentioned to date?