Lets hear more from the silent majority!

greenknight

Please could we add a little dash line ( - ) between Hereford Voice Having YOUR say. So that it reads Hereford Voice - Having YOUR say.

And also a full stop after the last line.... and get involved.

Apart from those two tiny things, I think it looks great. But then I would say that....I wrote it!

Fussy bugger lol 

First off I think the add is great! Dippy well done!

But...

Can I ask?

What is the objective, is it about attracting people to the Voice or about voting and politics? Who is the target audience, who are we trying to attract, the voter? Are we in danger of minimising the target audience? The site does come across as anti Conservative. There's a knowledge pool and people with experiences on the Voice that is often used to provide a lot of information and advice to people on other issues, that are important to people, other than Council issues. Plus there's the all important Social interactions.

Will people see the add and stop and read it?

Just an observation..

Good points, Flam.... Hereford Voice does have an awful lot to offer!

I guess with advertising, it has to be fairly short and sharp.... so that folks read it, and hopefully remember it! Too many words, and folks lose interest and don't read it in its entirety. I would think a few carefully chosen words would have more impact visually, than a long spiel, which may not catch peoples attention.

If we can get folk on board, entice them to come and have a look, maybe we can attract more members. That said, attracting folks to sign up is the easy bit..... it's getting them to contribute that's the real issue!

At the end of the day....you can drag that horse to water, but you haven't got a hope in hell of getting it to drink if it doesn't want to!

I think it looks great!

I love the size/ font style. Very clear and easy to read. The colours really make it "pop" off the page. (Good negotiating skills there, Colin!)

Let's keep everything crossed that it helps to tempt a few more to board the good ship Hereford Voice!

(But..... where's my dash line and full stop??????)

I think it looks great!

I love the size/ font style. Very clear and easy to read. The colours really make it "pop" off the page. (Good negotiating skills there, Colin!)

Let's keep everything crossed that it helps to tempt a few more to board the good ship Hereford Voice!

(But..... where's my dash line and full stop??????)

lol I forgot, okay, I have added the dash and full stop, also added a line break, so people, prefer with line break or without?

Hereford Voice Ad2a.jpg

For me..... definitely without!

I think it just adds clutter, to an otherwise snappy advert!   (But that's just my opinion, other folk may disagree!)

Err....... Colin......I hate to be a nuisance, but the place I really, really wanted a full stop, was right at the end..... after the word "involved".

I know, I know, you don't need to tell me.....I am a right royal pain in the backside!

The advert will appear in this weeks HT. I have decided to pay a little more and gone for a full half page.  :Happy_32: I have kept to the advert that we all agreed on but these were what the HT came up with, you can see that I chose not to use them.

This first one was portrait, even though I had sent my own artwork which was obviously landscape...

cfac829c-196d-4a70-adc7-cf85a9fef867_1_hh3474153-HR.jpg.png

I instructed them to just increase my original advert making it bigger for the now half page, I have no idea where this idea came from but I hated it..

cfac829c-196d-4a70-adc7-cf85a9fef867_1_hh3474153.png

So in this weeks HT you will see the advert below covering half page.

Hereford Voice Ad3.jpg

I'm glad you stuck to your guns, Colin!

Landscape suits the spacing of this ad much better than portrait!

And that second ad that HT came up with....... what were they thinking?????

Far too busy!

Your advert looks great..... let's hope it has a positive effect on active members!

I'm glad you stuck to your guns, Colin!

Landscape suits the spacing of this ad much better than portrait!

And that second ad that HT came up with....... what were they thinking?????

Far too busy!

Your advert looks great..... let's hope it has a positive effect on active members!

Thanks dippy, I'm glad I did too, we will see how it looks tomorrow  :Happy_32:

Well that's potentially six more people who may sign up and take a look!

When Green Knight started this thread he said....." With local and general elections just around the corner, I would dearly love to activate some of the silent members of  Hereford Voice."

This is a forum which debates political issues which effect us all, as well as other subjects, and we are fortunate to have Councillors such as yourself, come on here and post your views and advice.I think perhaps trying to raise awareness of Hereford Voice, as well as making an attempt to rid ourselves of this awful voter apathy, has to be a good thing?

Folks are so on board with trying to make positive changes for Hereford, but unless folks get up off their backsides and vote, some of those same old faces may get back in.

If only out of curiosity, I'd urge people to visit Hereford Voice for themselves, and see what this forum is all about.

As for Colin standing??? Obviously I cannot speak for him..... but I have heard worse ideas! He would be a brilliant Councillor, but I'm guessing it won't be this time around.....