Lets hear more from the silent majority!

greenknight

Well I managed to speak with the HT today and was given the following prices:

1/4 page is £240 +VAT and also give online presence with a banner on HT website

1/2 page is £340 + VAT and also give online presence with a banner on HT website

Full page £500 + VAT and also give online presence with a banner on HT website

10cm h x 8.5 w 0 £90 + VAT 

They are also going to send me an email with all sizes and prices but this gives an idea.

I think that's an excellent suggestion, Green Knight. I will also message Colin this evening with a proposed contribution.

Hopefully, between us, we could raise the amount quite quickly. I would also propose that should there be any excess funds, these should be donated to Colin towards the running and upkeep costs of this forum.

Would others agree??

Yes, Flam!

A plan with more cunning than a fox!

Mind you, I think it may take more than a cunning plan to galvanise some members. I've just been looking at the members list. 16 people have signed up since the start of the year. Between those sixteen, just five posts have been made. Five. This is incredibly frustrating.

Just looking at the members names at the bottom of this page tells me who has viewed this topic. The same names are often there, but they offer up not a single word! Nothing!

To those folks I would say, either start to chip in with the odd remark, or be prepared for the content not to change very often!

This forum needs YOU!

Ubique...  In a word: "No!"

You can't force people to vote, that would be just as wrong as refusing sections of society the ability to vote.

Surely it is our democratic right as free(ish) citizens to have the choice as to whether we use our vote or not?

I will admit, that if a person declines to vote in an election, then somebody is elected that they dislike intently, they have no real right to complain about it.  

But you can't go down the route of forcing people to vote.

And anyway, what is the point of voting at this present time?  

The choices are of one grey, bland personality-bypassed liar, or another grey, bland personality-bypassed liar, or another grey, bland personality-bypassed liar, or a bunch of half-crazed veiled racists...

What a choice...

One of the main reasons the Conservatives gain the majority in Hereford is because the Cons are staunch voters. I would urge anyone who doesn't vote to vote in the May elections, it's the only chance of getting an alternative ruling party in Hereford!

Those loyal to the Conservative party need to ask themselves have they really made a difference for the better in Hereford? I have tried on three separate occassions to speak to Jesse Norman. When you call or email you have to explain your reasons for wanting to speak with him to one of his many PAs. If it is not in his best interest to speak with you then you can go and whistle and I don't mean Whistleblow that's not allowed! The Leader of Herefordshire Council has already made it clear he doesn't need to know what's going on inside the Council!

WD Wiggin (Conservative Party) 24,631 votes - 51.8% votes won

LA Hurds (Liberal Democrat) 14,744 votes - 31.0% votes won

N Sabharwal (Labour Party) 3,373 votes - 7.1% votes won

JP Oakton (United Kingdom Independence Party) 2,701 votes - 5.7% votes won

FM Norman (Green Party) 1,533 votes - 3.2% votes won

EJ King (Independent) 586 votes - 1.2% votes won

AJ Norman  (Conservative Party) 22,366 votes - 46.2% votes won

SJ Carr (Liberal Democrat) 19,885 votes - 41.1% votes won

PL Roberts (Labour Party) 3,506 votes - 7.2% votes won

VJ Smith (United Kingdom Independence Party) 1,638 votes - 3.4% votes won

J Oliver (British National Party) 986 votes -2.0% votes won

As I have said before theTories will most probably get back in because the voting will be split between too many other parties. The first past the post system does not reflect the overall view of the electorate - one vote more than your opposition and you are in for five more years. Can you get a disenchanted Tory voter - I doubt it. Although the Lib Dem vote was very strong it will drift to the other sides. Their candidates were very close at the last election and L A Hurds is a local person - is J A Carr?. The Greens and UKIP have their supporters and many people will be giving them a try. If you don't want the Tories in control, it means everyone voting for one opposition party at the coming election, if we knew who it was, and then we may get some change. Will it happen?

Just to reinforce what I said above.

Veteran Labour MP Austin Mitchell has dismissed Ukip’s chances of winning the Great Grimsby constituency at the general election, saying that Labour would win the hotly contested seat “even†if it had selected a “raving alcoholic sex paedophile†as its candidate.

He added: “I don’t think there is a problem in Grimsby. There will certainly be a rise in the UKIP vote now that they have a councillor and did quite well in the European elections. But when it comes down to it their vote isn’t concentrated enough to win any seats.â€

Mr Mitchell’s parting shot from the constituency was quickly seized upon by the Ukip candidate Victoria Ayling, who came within 714 votes of defeating Mr Mitchell in 2010 when she stood as a Conservative candidate before her defection to Ukip.

She said: “It’s insulting to the great people of Great Grimsby. And it’s exactly the sort of ‘take them granted’ attitude that is turning people away from the establishment parties. Austin Mitchell has been a respected constituency MP but he’s assuming that people don’t think very carefully about how they vote. People do think very carefully and I don’t like Mr Mitchell insulting the people of Grimsby.â€

Okay guys, thank you one and all. I have received a few private messages from members with their pledges, if you have not already sent me a private message with your pledge could you please send me a pm before 6pm Monday and then I can work out a total spend and advert size. 

Also need to come up with an advert  :Grin:

Well Flam the armour is a little pitted these days with certain component parts missing or patched however if my pen is my sword then it can still swing and the old feet still work so long as I can elevate them to avoid fluid retention!

Colin needs the catch phrase now and this should be reflected in any targeted leaflet campaign if we want to go this way!

Herefordshire Councillors pre and post the May election need to feel that they are on notice to represent the electorate and not themselves!

Okay folks, if those members who have made pledges could send me a private message (PM) so that we can arrange for payment etc, I have already received Bill's thank you and I understand there is another in the post.

We need to come up with a brief advert for HV, so get your thinking caps on and post your ideas.

Will do Colin!

Do we know what size advert we are going for?

I liked Bills suggestion of using the Hereford Voice line..... Having YOUR say. Perhaps include the HV loudhailer image as well.

Whatever else, needs to be quite succinct. I am a great believer that less is more!