Lets hear more from the silent majority!

greenknight

With local and general elections just around the corner I would dearly like to activate the silent members within the site. I also believe we should also have a go about raising awareness of Hereford Voice perhaps placing an advert in the Hereford Times.

I really believe that this site has all the potential to make local politicians take notice of its electorate but we need more members and more apolitical diversity.

I have suggested to Colin about making a donation towards the advert which I feel should be one/half page (cost permitting) with a single strap line to maximise impact.

If you feel I'm talking rubbish please feel free to express that but if we want to get things going we need to be organised and preferably without flying a national political flag.

The right decisions for the best county in England!

Let's go for it!

Hereford Voice is fab.....and could be even better with an increase in active members! It's something I have been trying to encourage for a while!

An advert in the local press could well tempt many more Herefordians to get tippy tapping, and hopefully, may also encourage a few more councillors to jump on board!

Great suggestion Green Knight!

By the way, once you get a quote for the ad price, let us know. I am sure there are a fair few who will happily chip in to help, myself included!

I see from the stats at the bottom of the front page, that Hereford Voice has just received it's 300,000's visitor! These pages ARE read by many.....we'd just like them to get themselves a little more involved!

Brilliant, Paul I will support that idea. I think he's on his holidays for a couple of weeks but I'm confident he won't mind us challenging Andy McNab on his behalf.

I can see the headline now..

SAS soldier takes a slap from King Bobby over book dedication!

Welcome to the voice Mr McNab it would be great to hear from you?

Regarding my dear friend Cardin's post, I'd like to make it clear that I've no wish to be involved in a fight with Andy McNab and I don't appreciate Paul flagging me up as a potential target for this celebrated author.

Mind, that said, I ain't scared of him. Not one single bit, and if ever he decides to pop round here, affix a looped climbing rope to my Chimney and abseil down, delivering me a few flash bangs to disorientate me as he hurtles in intent upon kicking the ever loving life out of me, I'll not be found wanting in the courage department.

If ever he's foolish enough to smash his way into my bedroom whilst I'm sat there minding me own business, nibbling upon pork rind and swigging back me ale whilst laid in bed waiting for the latest news that Kerry bloody Katona is pregnant again, he'll be making a big mistake.

Yes! He'll soon discover that like him, I've got a similar set of unusual skills. I to can manage and control my adrenalin and fears and I'm more than happy to defend myself against his unwelcome and uninvited intrusion into my life. I'll tell him, 'clear off McNab. If you are desperately keen to take up yet another challenge, go find Kerry Katona of Atomic bloody Kitten and place her ****** under surveillance and stop these relentless pregnancies that I'm sick and tired or reading about'.

It's a bloody disgrace!

Quite - why not use Your Herefordshire's  Twitter and Facebook - I'm not sure if they charge.  The Hereford Times' Facebook page allows you to leave a comment and that would be free.  So many people use the internet now and I'm sure there would be the same impact by using the net - why spend money if you can do it for free!

I initially joined back in the summer having read the page for a year or so previous to that. I had planned on becoming an active user. The one thing I found though is that the amount of new topics and stories being discussed are few and far between. Now I realise by just becoming a reader again I contribute to this problem. And therein lies the problem, those that are avid readers should become more vocal but how that is done i don't know. One other thing I would say is there are some very very intelligent people on here with firm views and it can be intimidating to offer your view at times.

That said I'm going to give it a good go again.

Tech Geniuses: How easy would it be to make a Hereford voice app? I think this would be a major step forward in gaining new contributors. probably unworkable tho!

Mole welcome back... I had noticed you were missing. You are right that some of us can appear intimidating but I think that is borne out of frustration rather than contempt for someone else's opinion. You absolutely have a contribution to make and it is good to have you back.. keep posting! There will always be differences of opinions on here but they usually invoke looking at things from varying perspectives, which has to be a good thing.

Warmest regards!

I initially joined back in the summer having read the page for a year or so previous to that. I had planned on becoming an active user. The one thing I found though is that the amount of new topics and stories being discussed are few and far between. Now I realise by just becoming a reader again I contribute to this problem. And therein lies the problem, those that are avid readers should become more vocal but how that is done i don't know. One other thing I would say is there are some very very intelligent people on here with firm views and it can be intimidating to offer your view at times.

That said I'm going to give it a good go again.

Tech Geniuses: How easy would it be to make a Hereford voice app? I think this would be a major step forward in gaining new contributors. probably unworkable tho!

Good to see you back Mole. Yes an app would be good but very expensive but it is something for the future I hope.

Quite - why not use Your Herefordshire's  Twitter and Facebook - I'm not sure if they charge.  The Hereford Times' Facebook page allows you to leave a comment and that would be free.  So many people use the internet now and I'm sure there would be the same impact by using the net - why spend money if you can do it for free!

Hi Denise, I already posts regular updates on both FB and Twitter I think this idea from greenknight is designed to attract a wider audience by using the HT. I was in meetings all day so not had chance to get any prices from the HT will call them tomorrow.