Lets hear more from the silent majority!

greenknight

Will do Colin!

Do we know what size advert we are going for?

I liked Bills suggestion of using the Hereford Voice line..... Having YOUR say. Perhaps include the HV loudhailer image as well.

Whatever else, needs to be quite succinct. I am a great believer that less is more!

Well we are a fare bit short short of a 1/4 page, I will obviously be contributing too, but I will wait until all donations are in. Martin (megilleland) is on his way over for a cuppa and with his pledge, so will update you all as soon as I can.

I think this is a great idea guys. I can say, almost genuinely, that I don't care who votes for whom as long as they make the effort.

The present incumbents have relied on indifference and apathy to allow them to slip into and hang onto governance in Herefordshire for too long. This year, more than any other, it is time for us to take our right to vote seriously and to make the effort to contribute towards change.

I didn't vote at the last local elections and I have cussed myself quite considerably over the last two years for allowing myself to have slept walked for so whilst busy little inadequates went about irreversibly damaging the county and home I love.

Not this time.

Evening John!

I have high hopes that with all the high profile failures/cock ups/mismanagement/scandals that have, and still are, happening...... folks WILL get up off their backsides and go and vote this time!

So many bad decisions have been made, which have effected so many people, that I would hope the rising tide of voter apathy we have seen so much of in recent elections, may finally be on the turn.

We quite simple have to wave goodbye to this administration. We cannot stand by and watch this anymore. We have to say loudly and clearly.... enough is enough.

There is a better way of doing things. Let's try it!

Hey how about an advert that reads like a job description, we are after all recruiting members.

Person spec

Looking for people with strong moral codes

Have the interests of their county and community

People with ideas

Work environment

A place were people are encouraged to share their views and opinions and make a valuable contribution

Remuneration

Shaping the future of Hereford

Blah blah .....

Just a thought.

How many words do you have.

Reinforce the message style

What's best for Hereford City 

and the County

Put your views 

and ideas on

Hereford Voice

Get it off your chest 

and tell the world

You'll feel better and 

get a response from

Hereford Voice

Start today and become 

part of the community.

Your voice counts at

Hereford Voice

Sign in today and join us at

Hereford Voice

herefordvoice.co.uk

Sorry - I was in a bad mood!

But if you were to go through all the threads on here I would be surprised if there were many that were positive about where we all live.

Most cover:-

The Council does nothing good

We want information just for the sake of it

Hereford is going to the dogs

Democracy is pointless

The corporate system victimising individuals

and so on!

Hmmm - it seems my bad mood is continuing!!!

Sorry - I was in a bad mood!

But if you were to go through all the threads on here I would be surprised if there were many that were positive about where we all live.

Most cover:-

The Council does nothing good

We want information just for the sake of it

Hereford is going to the dogs

Democracy is pointless

The corporate system victimising individuals

and so on!

Hmmm - it seems my bad mood is continuing!!!

Come on AV, be just like us and keep taking the tablets!

Hi Colin...Well for what it's worth I think your second idea would be great as a leaflet so I would be keen to know the cost of this.

Our HT advert is not going to be large so it needs to be minimal and therefore would go for Megi,s third phrase.

Hi Colin...Well for what it's worth I think your second idea would be great as a leaflet so I would be keen to know the cost of this.

Our HT advert is not going to be large so it needs to be minimal and therefore would go for Megi,s third phrase.

Have we raised enough for the advert, Colin?

Have you totted up the total?

I am away on business tonight but I had planned on sorting out an advert over the weekend. Any final thoughts people? I though of just keeping it simple, Hereford Voice  - Having YOUR Say! with the logo etc then a few lines, so still looking for idea's.

YOUR Hereford, YOUR Voice!

YOUR Vote, YOUR Choice!

Hereford Voice..... having YOUR say!

Join in the debates at www.herefordvoice.co.uk, and get involved!

YOUR Hereford, YOUR Voice!

YOUR Vote, YOUR Choice!

Hereford Voice..... having YOUR say!

Join in the debates at www.herefordvoice.co.uk, and get involved!

Perfect!! I like that, just add the logo and were done, I will come up with a new advert based on this as it is straight to the point.

On the money Dippy.. I hope we get a favourable response because we have to stir those that choose to accept the changes being thrust upon this pleasant land. If active membership of the Voice increases and as one we can become more vocal and then just maybe working with other pro Herefordshire groups we can enforce change.

I travelled to Winchester this weekend and it was distressing to see that the whole length of the A34 running from Newbury to the old capital carpeted with litter, both sides mile upon mile of paper and plastic detritus. A fantastic advertisement for tourism something that was not lost on our Scandinavian guests.There may have been wild primroses..but you could not see them.

Our Danish friends were a little taken aback by the quality of our roads and almost the total absence in some places of white line demarcation. Some of our A class roads are now missing whole sections of double white line definition which is very dangerous.

Just two examples where supposed council and government department cutbacks have had a negative impact and where budgets need to be re-instated...so let's crack on.

It wood be good to know what we finally raised for the advert Colin!

Sorry guys just been so busy these past few weeks at work. 

Okay including my contribution we have total of £270, which is brilliant! Thank you to all of you who were generous enough to contribute, great idea from greenknight.  I will complete the advert today and aim to get it in next weeks HT, see if they will do a deal on a 1/4 page.

Please could we add a little dash line ( - ) between Hereford Voice Having YOUR say. So that it reads Hereford Voice - Having YOUR say.

And also a full stop after the last line.... and get involved.

Apart from those two tiny things, I think it looks great. But then I would say that....I wrote it!