Northolme Football Pitch and the madness that followed!

bobby47

Im given to understand that Councillor Glenda Powell has faced the might of the Councils Standards Board and been fully exonerated of fault and blame for the fiasco that was brought about by the Clerk to Belmont Parish Council and other serving Councillors. Im given to understand that this matter would have reached an amicable settlement sometime ago but, because of belligerence and sheer stupidity on the part of some, the chain of events and its accompanying cost to us the taxpayer could not be stopped and its only now that the entire stupidity has been brought to an end.
I've been told by my drinking buddy that the Board were particularly critical of those who took part in this political act of mean spiritedness and its they who've lost face rather than their target Councillor Powell.
If this is true, and I wouldn't have transmitted it if I'd not been certain, then Im pleased that this worrying burden is now lifted from Councillor Powell who hadn't done anything wrong in the first place.

I have been reading up on the history to this. It makes for a sad story. From what I can gather, there was a problem, quickly sorted out by Councillor Glenda, but because she didn't go through the "set procedures" ie. lots of meetings with lots of people taking up lots of time, and not achieving much, she got a completely undeserved slap on the wrist.

We need more councillors like this, willig to listen to their constituents and act quickly to help tp resolve their issues.

From my point of view, Glenda's crime was to use good old fashioned common sense. Well, if thats a crime, I can only wish a few more folk could be charged!

Common sense is sadly lacking these days.

I am really pleased that Glenda has been exonerated - a rare victory for common sense in itself......

By the way Biomech, thats a rather cheeky way to refer to Our Good King Bobby! He'll not let you get away with messing with his vowels and consonants you know!!

Im given to understand that Councillor Glenda Powell has faced the might of the Councils Standards Board and been fully exonerated of fault and blame for the fiasco that was brought about by the Clerk to Belmont Parish Council and other serving Councillors. Im given to understand that this matter would have reached an amicable settlement sometime ago but, because of belligerence and sheer stupidity on the part of some, the chain of events and its accompanying cost to us the taxpayer could not be stopped and its only now that the entire stupidity has been brought to an end.

I've been told by my drinking buddy that the Board were particularly critical of those who took part in this political act of mean spiritedness and its they who've lost face rather than their target Councillor Powell.

If this is true, and I wouldn't have transmitted it if I'd not been certain, then Im pleased that this worrying burden is now lifted from Councillor Powell who hadn't done anything wrong in the first place.

I could not agree more bobby!

The Hereford Mayor Phil Edwards was not happy also Liz Kelso (BRPC Clerk) and Councillor Adrian Bridges all had complaints against Councillor Vaughan-Powell and justice prevailed and the case was kicked out! What a waste of time and thank goodness Councillor Vaughan-Powell has proved hat she said and did nothing wrong! I know that she used extracts from Hereford Voice (with my permission) which helped. I wonder if they will look into the BRPC payments scandal now??? 

I wonder if any of these people will comment as two of them are members here and the other visits regular anyway, that I know for sure, so lets see...

I have shared this topic out via Facebook and Twitter, all links you will find at the bottom of all topics, spread the word people!

This is a good result all round in my opinion. I think that Phil Edwards is a bully and I do not rate him as a Councillor, never have to be honest, so he will definitely be pissed at this outcome but Councillor Vaughan-Powell may be a little controversial and very direct which I prefer, she may not always get her facts right but she is always available and you will often see her online answering questions and doing her best, so well done Councillor Vaughan-Powell have yourself a glass of bubbly tonight  :Winky:

I have noticed for sometime now that a few councillors have it in for councillor Vaughan-Powell in particular Phil Edwards, well he now has more egg on his pantomime face, good on you councillor Vaughan-Powell for standing by your principles. I think it's disgusting, councillors should be seen to work together not trying to constantly trip each other up in order to gain a few more brownie points, I remember councillor Edwards once mocking the Mayors status and claiming it was a waste of money, funny that eh

I saw out Mayor in his nice personalised BMW only the other day, not on his bike anymore then.

And if the Mayor thinks he can come and knock on my door at three in the morning, begging me for bloody 'wet wipes' to clean the blusher of his face after appearing in a performance of Cinderella at the Birmingham Hippodrome I'll give him a piece of my mind. I'll tell him, 'Clear off! Don't come knocking on my door. We're trying to have intercourse up here and we don't appreciate you disturbing us.' I'll be straight with him, 'Dont ever knock on my door. Ever! If you've won the lottery and you want to share the win with me and tell me about our good fortune, don't knock on my door. If you managed to appropriate an aerial photograph of my back garden and its clear to a knowledgeable eye that there's a big load of Saxon Gold buried only a few feet away from my bloody pear tree, don't come knocking on my door. Never. Don't ever come up my path again.'

Agenda

Audit and Governance Committee

Tuesday 26 November 2013 10.00 am

part of

Standards Panel Recommendations

8.6.1 Complaint 13001 was made by Councillor P. Edwards against Councillor G. 

Vaughan-Powell. The complainant alleged that the subject member had undertaken 

actions which would bring the authority, or its members or officers generally, into 

disrepute; disclosed information which was of a confidential nature and failed to treat 

him with respect and courtesy. Following consideration by the monitoring officer, the 

complaint was referred for consideration and determination by a standards panel, 

and was considered on 10th September and 6th November 2013 by a standards 

panel chaired by Rob Cook, an appointed independent person. 

8.6.2  The panel considered the facts of the case and the comments of both the 

complainant and the subject member, and found that the subject member had not 

breached of the members’ Code of Conduct. The report of the independent person is 

at Appendix 3a and b. 

8.7.1  Complaint 13016 was made by Councillor A. Bridges against Councillor G. 

Vaughan-Powell. The complainant alleged that the subject member had undertaken 

actions which would bring the authority, or its members or officers generally, into 

disrepute and had failed to treat him with respect and courtesy. Following 

consideration by the monitoring officer, the complaint was referred for consideration 

and determination by a standards panel, and was considered on 10th September and 

6th November 2013 by a standards panel chaired by Rob Cook, an appointed 

independent person. 

The panel considered the facts of the case and the comments of both the 

breached of the members’ Code of Conduct. The report of the independent person is 

at Appendix 3a and b. 

8.8.1 Complaint 13017 was made by Mrs Elizabeth Kelso, the Belmont Rural Parish Clerk, 

against Councillor G. Vaughan-Powell. The complainant alleged that the subject 

member had undertaken actions which would bring the authority, or its members or 

officers generally, into disrepute and had failed to treat her with respect and 

courtesy. Following consideration by the monitoring officer, the complaint was 

referred for consideration and determination by a standards panel, and was 

considered on 10th September and 6th November 2013 by a standards panel chaired 

by Rob Cook, an appointed independent person. 

The panel considered the facts of the case and the comments of both the 

at Appendix 3a and b. 

• Guests
Guest smartieno1

If the original complaint made by the 3 Stooges was:

Actions which would bring the authority, or its members or 
officers generally, into disrepute and had failed to treat her with respect and 
courtesy.

I think someone should report them as they are clearly guilty of the charges they laid at the feet of Councillor Powell, with their petty and vindictive behaviour.

Keep up the good work Councillor Powell  :Grin: