Shame of EU wasn't it?

Steve Major

This topic and the previous one before it are taking over the forum. Each and everyone of us will almost certainly have different views and opinions to one another on this sensitive subject. I am not happy about the verbal abuse dished out by several members and condemning of other members preferred political parties, which quite frankly has NOTHING to do with anyone other than the person themselves.

I am more than happy to continue with a debate but if the abuse etc continues this topic will be closed.

Please RESPECT other members and their views even if they are the complete opposite to yours!

Appears Osmosis doesn't like us pasting what interests us and maybe others. Strange because through the process of osmosis you can learn and understand things gradually without much effort.

or as Richard E. Byrd said:

I enjoyed pasting this!

I've no problem with people pasting quotes and references from the papers and elsewhere, I've done it myself. That's different to pasting whole, unattributed articles. In my view, it doesn't further the debate to simply republish stuff people can read for themselves if you provide a link.

I've no problem with people pasting quotes and references from the papers and elsewhere, I've done it myself. That's different to pasting whole, unattributed articles. In my view, it doesn't further the debate to simply republish stuff people can read for themselves if you provide a link.

But sometimes you are better off pasting a larger part of a quote/reference in order to have the impact intended, it is not always appropriate to just post a link, some people will not click that link, but a few paragraphs they may read.

But sometimes you are better off pasting a larger part of a quote/reference in order to have the impact intended, it is not always appropriate to just post a link, some people will not click that link, but a few paragraphs they may read.

Fair enough. But cut and pasting a whole article without acknowledging where it came from may lead people to assume you wrote it yourself, even though the quality of the writing is totally different to anything you've ever posted before. 

Cameron Lobbies Poland as Survey Shows 9-Point Lead for `Outs'

British Prime Minister David Cameron held talks in Poland on Friday seeking to overcome hostility to his proposal to cut welfare for eastern Europeans as a poll showed a nine-point lead for his domestic opponents aiming to take the U.K. out of the European Union.

Bloomberg

If I was the Polish PM I would certainly want something in return for my 'yes' vote ....  :Happy_32:

You are evasive and a REMOVED In my opinion. 

Rudeness, it seems, is not only tolerated but applauded on this forum when posted by those on the right, but not by those on the left. But I'll wear your loathing with pride, to quote a man who is the antithesis of you Roger.

Rudeness, it seems, is not only tolerated but applauded on this forum when posted by those on the right, but not by those on the left. But I'll wear your loathing with pride, to quote a man who is the antithesis of you Roger.

Osmosis ...Had to be said ..........I agree with you - thank you .

Further to my last - I may be wrong but ROGER has given me the thought that he is either a PCSO or Police Officer or retired from one of the aforementioned. If I am correct it appear to me that if he uses the sort of language he uses to describe a fellow poster no wonder the public support of the Police etal is falling !

Osmosis ...Had to be said ..........I agree with you - thank you .

Further to my last - I may be wrong but ROGER has given me the thought that he is either a PCSO or Police Officer or retired from one of the aforementioned. If I am correct it appear to me that if he uses the sort of language he uses to describe a fellow poster no wonder the public support of the Police etal is falling !

Thank you Ubique. Interesting to learn what you say. It lends some perspective to the other views he has expressed about migrants, Muslims and refugees, views which would not be tolerated at least officially in the police service. One thinks immediately of Stephen Lawrence.

It lends some perspective to the other views he has expressed about migrants, Muslims and refugees

I haven't got anything against migrants, Muslims or refugees. I have got a problem with people coming here illegally tho. Because we're full. Exhibit 'A' is the social housing waiting list around here. It's over 1000 names long. 

21. While debating and heated discussions are fine, we will NOT tolerate insulting posts; personal attacks on other members or purposeless inflammatory posts.

​We do not tolerate personal abuse to other members, however, I do allow a good argument, that said, I refer to your comments above, Osmosis you have also been quite rude in some of your replies, particularly your knuckle-dragging wingnut comment (post 269) but that is okay and acceptable is it?

To be honest,  I am starting to think that this topic has run it's course and I am very tempted to close it in an attempt to defuse it all. I will let it continue for the time being but if comments carry on being personal and members cannot respect one another views I will close it.

21. While debating and heated discussions are fine, we will NOT tolerate insulting posts; personal attacks on other members or purposeless inflammatory posts.

​We do not tolerate personal abuse to other members, however, I do allow a good argument, that said, I refer to your comments above, Osmosis you have also been quite rude in some of your replies, particularly your knuckle-dragging wingnut comment (post 269) but that is okay and acceptable is it?

To be honest,  I am starting to think that this topic has run it's course and I am very tempted to close it in an attempt to defuse it all. I will let it continue for the time being but if comments carry on being personal and members cannot respect one another views I will close it.

My point Colin, is that there appear to be double standards in force here, both amongst the posters and also in the moderation of the forum. Some of my comments have been rude, and I've been called out for them, and possibly rightly criticised, and marked down. But why is 'knuckle-dragging wingnut' not ok, and yet 'loony left tree-hugger', and plenty of other stuff, goes unremarked? 

Time to finish....individuals with hard line opinions are rarely swayed so why continue?

Personally my knuckles don't drag but I've come across a few trolls that do..I do drag my sword on occasion...Mrs Knight always pulls me up on this for not leaving the house correctly dressed!!!

To be honest, it's not just the language that's used that's worrying. Is it actually ok for someone to demand of another where they were born? To post up their 'credentials'? I don't think he's asking about my academic qualifications. It's bullying.

My point Colin, is that there appear to be double standards in force here, both amongst the posters and also in the moderation of the forum. Some of my comments have been rude, and I've been called out for them, and possibly rightly criticised, and marked down. But why is 'knuckle-dragging wingnut' not ok, and yet 'loony left tree-hugger', and plenty of other stuff, goes unremarked? 

Because your comment was directed at Paul Jones directly where as the other comment was in general. (I will wait for one of our resident lefties to defend this lot in Germany AGAIN) I have removed and moderated the comment made to you in post 304 as that is unacceptable.

It is very difficult from my position, I really try hard to let posts and debates continue without much editing or moderating from me, maybe I should just do with the HT do? But many members came here because they did not like the way the HT moderate..damed if you do and damed if you don't.  :Sad:

I've got to say this is all rather tame compared to what it gets like on some of the FB pages!!

But there are some on here who like to dish it out but can't take it when they are on the receiving end…so my advice is if you can't take it don't dish it out?!…or better still try using a bit of decorum in your posts after all we are a small community so while we will not always agree we should try to respond in a informative educated way!

Shades of Wirral IPC in this thread

Close it down is my suggestion

Actually I have had a few nice telephone conversations with Paul recently and when you talk with someone over the phone or face to face it is a lot different. It is like text message quite often the person reading the text can misinterpret it altogether and it is not always written the way it is conceived.  

Actually I have had a few nice telephone conversations with Paul recently and when you talk with someone over the phone or face to face it is a lot different. It is like text message quite often the person reading the text can misinterpret it altogether and it is not always written the way it is conceived.  

I was only drawing a comparison between the exchanges on this thread and on those which ultimately caused him to leave the forum - not that he was in any way involved in this thread.

• 4 weeks later...

The EU are to blame for this with there policy on migration freedom no border control for over the last 15 years we have been inundated with migrants the rest of the world want to come here because of it's open door policy remember people we are a small island and cannot sustain the influx.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like Angela Merkel is paying for her decision to allow so many migrants into Germany

Merkel Faces Election Drubbing Over Refugees

The state polls are the largest since the German leader opened the country's doors to more than a million migrants.

A right-wing nationalist party looks set to have powered into three German state legislatures in elections widely seen as a referendum on Angela Merkel's refugee policy.

The German Chancellor decided last year to open the door to more than a million migrants, many fleeing conflicts in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan.

German Leader Pays Price At Polls For Migrants

rts9mji-1-736x414.jpg

It was early September last year when Chancellor Merkel made a decision that would become the most controversial of her decade in office

She was watching television images of hundred of refugees stuck at Keleti station in the Hungarian capital on their odyssey through Europe.Her decision was made - they were all welcome in Germany.

It was a moment of moral conviction; a decision made with almost no consultation.

Sky News

New tactic from midnight last night in Greece was to kettle arrivals in some camp and send them back if they don't register for asylum in Greece. Obviously everyone wants to get to the UK/Sweden/Germany so how that will work is anyone's guess ....  :Hmm: