Belmont Voice About To Get A Whole Lot Bigger!

Colin James

I will be upgrading the whole site over the next few weeks, so if you see the odd glitch please just ignore it until I announce that the upgrading process is complete.

I will be extending the site to cover the whole of Hereford, I have been asked to do this quite a few times by some members and I think it's the only way forward, if we are to continue growing our membership.

I have registered another domain herefordvoice.co.uk - Hereford Voice will be our new name
herefordvoice-logo.png

If there is anything that you would like to see or forums that you would like added or any features you think you would like, now is the time to ask and If I can accommodate, of course, I will.

You may see the forum turned off from time to time but this is quite normal when upgrading (can't start a process if a member is in the middle of posting) but once that particular section has been completed the forum will be turned back on, so you may see new features popping up.

Finally, if you look at the forums as they normally would appear click HERE (You will see the top 6 recent posts at the top then all of the various forums listed below, on here however, I have what is called a 'Portal' installed, (Front Page) which allows articles and pictures to appear just like a newspaper, I also need to upgrade this, so again, if everything looks like it has disappeared, don't worry, it's only me messing with the Portal, just go into the forums as normal, photo's and files still appear inside individual topics.

Any questions, just ask.

Of course, all things have to grow and expand but,...what we all have here is a wonderful place to discuss things. The problem is, sometimes by expanding its easy to lose the spirit of a thing and your own individual identity. Whilst I know and realise this probably has to be done, I really ain't so sure.

Mind, I ain't so sure about anything nowadays so Im probably worth ignoring. Whatever you do with your creation Colin, the very best of luck in the next step you take.

Themes, so you have a choice from the Standard, Social - Social is the default theme but to change to one of the others, simply scroll down to the bottom left hand corner of the site and select Change Theme, a drop down box will appear showing you 3 options (ignore the mobile theme, that is used when surfing the web on a mobile phone or device)simply select the one you want to use, if you don't like it, simple follow the process again and change it back.

The default Social theme has a colour selection very cleverly within, simply scroll to the top of the forum when the Social theme is being used and you will see 3 colours Pink|Blue|Green click on any of them and watch what happens.

colourselection.png

Issues affecting people fall into areas where they live. So it may be an idea to break the forum down into the two political areas ie

Herefordshire - The County Council

Covers the whole of Herefordshire and is divided into 40 wards represented by 58 councillors. Elections for Herefordshire Council are held every four years on the first Thursday in May. Next election 7th May 2015

Wards are:

Aylestone

Backbury

Belmont

Bircher

Bringsty

Bromyard

Burghill, Holmer and Lyde

Castle

Central

Credenhill

Frome

Golden Cross with Weobley

Golden Valley North

Golden Valley South

Hagley

Hampton Court

Hollington

Hope End

Kerne Bridge

Kington Town

Ledbury

Leominster North

Leominster South

Llangarron

Mortimer

Old Gore

Pembridge & Lyonshall with Titley

Penyard

Pontrilas

Ross-on-Wye East

Ross-on-Wye West

St Martins & Hinton

St Nicholas

Stoney Street

Sutton Walls

Three Elms

Tupsley

Upton

Valletts

Wormsley Ridge

Obviously you can't have a forum for each - it would be too unmanageable.

Hereford City - The City Council

18 Councillors are elected for each of the seven wards that make up the City of Hereford. Elections are held in conjunction with the Herefordshire District Elections every four years in May unless a member resigns in which case a bye-election is held.

There are seven wards in the Parish of Hereford City:

Aylestone Ward

Belmont Ward

Central Ward

St Martins and Hinton Ward

St Nicholas Ward

Three Elms Ward

Tupsley Ward

This may result in more councillor participation!!

Also a section for events that residents may like to contribute to.

Colin, I would stand off from going into the political arena at the moment simply because the ward boundaries are changing, some of them are amalgimating into one ward and some are changing their names, in 2015 there will be a reduction in councillors from 58 to 53 the changes also mean that there will be one councillor one ward. Also there is already a political website for the city that is the IOC party website, and my own website covers an events page which you are welcome to link to if you like it also covers news about the council. I have put this information on your web as well.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing new topics on here.

The boundaries are not changing till 2015. No good reason to stop getting this on a political basis before them. I am not supporting a particular party, just that when you have a problem the two excuses to solving them are, it's not in my area (ie I'm not interested in your problem) and it's not my responsibility (ie passing the buck). The IOC website puts out one point of view. You can go there to find out their interest in the city as you can go to other websites for the other political parties.

This website should give people confidence that their voice is going to be heard and acted upon by our councillors with other residents agreeing or disagreeing with the issue. It should not be just a place for a good moan and then forgotten whereby the issues put into the archive and forgotten.

Megilleland, just for clarification, councillors are not allowed to work in another councillors ward matters, having said that I do deal with matters brought to my attention from wards in south wye and then notify their ward councillors it is not the case it's not in my area or it's not my responsibility and I have personally been rapped over the knuckles for dealing with problems outside my ward. Political parties are very 'protective of their ward areas' I do not want to see Colin get involved in a political mire because he wasn't told how it all works.

Megilleland, just for clarification, councillors are not allowed to work in another councillors ward matters, having said that I do deal with matters brought to my attention from wards in south wye and then notify their ward councillors it is not the case it's not in my area or it's not my responsibility and I have personally been rapped over the knuckles for dealing with problems outside my ward. Political parties are very 'protective of their ward areas' I do not want to see Colin get involved in a political mire because he wasn't told how it all works.

Councillor, do not worry about me, while I appreciate your concerns, I am not bound by any silly rules and regulations like Councillors, so I am free to say and do what I like and that is what they do not like. :Winky: 

I am well aware they do not like the fact that people cannot dictate to you, that has been shown in previous posts and demands that was tried to be imposed on you and I, but unlike you I am paying the price. There is a north and south divide a prime example of that was a couple of weeks ago when there was a community reasurance meeting in Holy Trinity church due to what happened in Ryeland St, I was ask to attend by police because the perpetrators live in my ward, it was made very clear that I should not have been there by one of the councillors. Going back to the subject I am still concerned that you take this website into the political arena. Let the people decide if they want to or not contribute here wherever they come from in Hereford. Time will tell!

I think this is a brilliant idea - the main reason being that the bigger the network the more transparency will prevail. It will encourage debate. This County is dis-jointed, the left hand rarely knows what the right hand is doing there's too much going on in Hereford with bits of information all over the County. This site could bring all the information together!

I think this site's about to get very interesting!

Good luck Colin and well done and thanks for all your hard work!

Bobby don't worry the whole of Herefordshire gonna love you lol!

I have now unlocked all the new forums.

Most of the updates have been completed, hence the forum being offline for a few hours but there are still a few more to do during the course of this week.

Thanks for the updates Colin. I have noticed a couple of new things, and some new smiley faces  :Happy_32:

I am well aware they do not like the fact that people cannot dictate to you, that has been shown in previous posts and demands that was tried to be imposed on you and I, but unlike you I am paying the price. There is a north and south divide a prime example of that was a couple of weeks ago when there was a community reasurance meeting in Holy Trinity church due to what happened in Ryeland St, I was ask to attend by police because the perpetrators live in my ward, it was made very clear that I should not have been there by one of the councillors. Going back to the subject I am still concerned that you take this website into the political arena. Let the people decide if they want to or not contribute here wherever they come from in Hereford. Time will tell!

So Councillors are invited by the police to a 'community reasurance meeting' following a murder - think about that for a moment - and councillors choose to bicker about ward boundaries? Words fail me. As for politics, I don't understand what you're getting at - its all about politics in one way or another, so well done to Colin for taking this to a wider audience.