Tipping Tree Branches

Colin James

I saw Cllr Powell here just after I took the above picture, and I explained that although Amey were cutting back weeds and bushes etc, they had not yet tackled the stumps, Cllr Powell informs me, that now, they are not sure if McDonalds own the land where the stumps are located and that the foundry is in the centre of the Newton Brook, and that they need to contact McDonalds to either instruct them to cut down the stumps or Amey will complete the work and invoice McDonalds, which sounds fine, ( I just knew that this would not be done today) I am just confused why this work was carried out last year by Amey, so did they not investigate who actually owns the land back then?

Anyway, I have arrived home from work, and was pleaseantly surprised, that at least what they have done, was done well in all fairness. (with exception to the stumps not being removed).

gc1.png

That said, Cllr Powell did mention to me a week or so ago, that our fly tipper had dumped a whole load of fur tree's in the same place as last year and that someone was going around to discuss pressing charges this time, only nobody was home when they called the other week. I was a little surprised that Amey did not take this away with them today while they were on site and send the culprit the bill, as it is all still there, and looks a right mess!! see below;

ft1.png

ft2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Cllr Powell did mention to me a week or so ago, that our fly tipper had dumped a whole load of fur tree's in the same place as last year and that someone was going around to discuss pressing charges this time, only nobody was home when they called the other week. I was a little surprised that Amey did not take this away with them the other while they were on site and send the culprit the bill, as it is all still there! and looks a right mess!! see below; :Angry: I am not sure that it is the same person, I actually believe it could be his immediate next door neighbour but Cllr Powell should have a record of which house/person was warned last year.

post-2-13136944868523.png

post-2-13136945018458.png

So what's happening about this?? as it seems that they get a visit and if nobody is home that's it?

Cllr Powell did mention to me a week or so ago, that our fly tipper had dumped a whole load of fur tree's in the same place as last year and that someone was going around to discuss pressing charges this time, only nobody was home when they called the other week. I was a little surprised that Amey did not take this away with them the other while they were on site and send the culprit the bill, as it is all still there! and looks a right mess!! see below; :Angry: I am not sure that it is the same person, I actually believe it could be his immediate next door neighbour but Cllr Powell should have a record of which house/person was warned last year.

Over 50s club.pdf

So what's happening about this?? as it seems that they get a visit and if nobody is home that's it?

Colin, the person who was warned last year was house number five, but we could not tell from Glastonbury Close open space whether the fir trees was from five or seven so the environment officer called on both.

At some point we've all seen a mattress, fridge or shopping trolley dumped on the side of the road, and although most would see this as inconsiderate and unsightly, some don't give it a second thought!

In order to tackle fly tipping, Herefordshire Council Community protection Team, Safer Herefordshire and Amey are working together to promote the Think! No Licence - No Waste Campaign across the county. The Initiative will be launch in High Town on Saturday 3rd September (10am-4pm) and aims to inform people that it's not only illegal to irresponsibly dispose of rubbish, but also to allow it to be removed by a unlicenced trader.

Craig Sandman Community Protection team leader and his team will be on hand to answer your questions.

At some point we've all seen a mattress, fridge or shopping trolley dumped on the side of the road, and although most would see this as inconsiderate and unsightly, some don't give it a second thought!

In order to tackle fly tipping, Herefordshire Council Community protection Team, Safer Herefordshire and Amey are working together to promote the Think! No Licence - No Waste Campaign across the county. The Initiative will be launch in High Town on Saturday 3rd September (10am-4pm) and aims to inform people that it's not only illegal to irresponsibly dispose of rubbish, but also to allow it to be removed by a unlicenced trader.

Craig Sandman Community Protection team leader and his team will be on hand to answer your questions.

They should hold the meeting in glastonbury close, "highlight" the fly tipper there.

I reported the fly tipping that has happened in Glastonbury Close, when I was in town this morning with Craig Sandman

(Team Leader - Community Protection Team) because nothing has been done about it yet. The house in question is number 3 Golden Post, which is next door to the person from last year.

I reported the fly tipping that has happened in Glastonbury Close, when I was in town this morning with Craig Sandman

(Team Leader - Community Protection Team) because nothing has been done about it yet. The house in question is number 3 Golden Post, which is next door to the person from last year.

Nothing will be done, council are too soft, he should receive a summons in the post with photographs attached but I will be very suprised if they even call on him again. Load of old bull I think and that is why they do it, because they know hardly anything will be done about it! (slap on the wrist)

Good news :Happy_32:  Craig Sandman contacted me this morning, He and his colleague Joanna Lindsay-Jones called on the colprit yesterday and after they were given some story, he gave the resident 10 days in order to get it cleaned up. Thank you Craig Thumbs-Up.png Now we should see something happen, I will let you all know once it's how cleared.

Good news :Happy_32:  Craig Sandman contacted me this morning, He and his colleague called on the colprit yesterday and after they were given some story, he gave the resident 10 days in order to get it cleaned up. Thank you Craig Thumbs-Up.png Now we should see something happen, I will let you all know once it's how cleared.

Well done Colin, good news indeed and an excellent response from Craig Sandman and his colleague. Thumbs-Up.pngThumbs-Up.png Lets hope that these furs are removed over the weekend.

From Craig Sandman -

Just to let you all know the conifers will be removed tomorrow by Ross Tree Services and they are providing the resident with the appropiate paper work as far a Duty of Care is concerned. I will check that this has been done to my satisfaction and report back to this site.

Thank you - regards

Craig SANDMAN

From Craig Sandman -

Just to let you all know the conifers will be removed tomorrow by Ross Tree Services and they are providing the resident with the appropiate paper work as far a Duty of Care is concerned. I will check that this has been done to my satisfaction and report back to this site.

Thank you - regards

Craig SANDMAN

Excellent, thank you Craig, really appreciated. :Thumbs-Up:

The person responsible should still be prosecuted in my opinion. I hate these people who think they can just dump their rubbish where they like and expect someone else to clean it up.

Still, this is a good result, Well done Colin and Craig Sandman's team :Thumbs-Up: :Thumbs-Up:

I agree, but I guess if they clear it up that is a result.

• 3 years later...