Apologies for my recent absence

Colin James

Hi guy's

Just to give you the heads up.

You may have noticed a reduced amount of new topics from me recently. I was on holiday from the 9th - 16th, we were back for just a day before I was admitted to hospital for over a week. 

After various scans etc they found a rather large gallstone 15-16mm. I was in severe pain and had a bad infection with a lot of abdominal swelling. The good news is that I am now recovering at home waiting for my operation scheduled for week commencing the 15th to remove my gallbladder.

I am feeling a lot better than I was a week or so ago, so you will see more activity on the forum because as you can imagine I am getting bored. :Hmm:

• Sad 1

Colin , I wish you well, I understand that gall stones can be very very painful . 

What I will add is that two weeks ago I had a cataract op ( on a Saturday ) I was really impressed with the Consulant and the Nursing Staff , came away after three hours overflowing with praise .

In fact I emailed the Patient Experience Team with my comments the next day .  I thought I might get an acknowledgement stating thank you and that the email has been passed to the Team but  nothing heard . That's disappointing.  Medicial,Staff superb, Admin staff failing .

( The last time I was an inpatient at Hereford Hospital was 1967 and that went ok ) 

• Like 1

Whilst your Gallstone has been a constant source of pain to you dear Colin, take comfort in the fact that it's a British Gallstone and British Gallstones are widely renowned as the best, the biggest and the most painful in Europe. The EU Gallstones are nothing in comparison to ours and it's yet another reason why we've gotta get out of this unholy Union. Speak to your young much loved young lady and she'll confirm to you that the Polish Gallstone is nothing compared to the British Gallstone and rather than wince in agony whenever it plays you up, think to yourself, 'thank God I'm British' and fully embrace the agony the British Gallstone is capable of delivering to you whilst your laid in bed recovering from this debilitating British condition.

Get well lad. My warmest regards to you and yours.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bobby47 said:

Whilst your Gallstone has been a constant source of pain to you dear Colin, take comfort in the fact that it's a British Gallstone and British Gallstones are widely renowned as the best, the biggest and the most painful in Europe. The EU Gallstones are nothing in comparison to ours and it's yet another reason why we've gotta get out of this unholy Union. Speak to your young much loved young lady and she'll confirm to you that the Polish Gallstone is nothing compared to the British Gallstone and rather than wince in agony whenever it plays you up, think to yourself, 'thank God I'm British' and fully embrace the agony the British Gallstone is capable of delivering to you whilst your laid in bed recovering from this debilitating British condition.

Get well lad. My warmest regards to you and yours.

lol I knew you would cheer me up, thanks Bobby :Grin: