I contacted BBLP this morning about a dead tree on the GWW which is now to be removed. The local steward came to see me at home this afternoon and he mentioned that someone on here had cleaned the signs, he said it should of been reported to him, I have now got his card and he said to contact him in future with any problems, so he has now left it to me to contact him.

I contacted BBLP this morning about a dead tree on the GWW which is now to be removed. The local steward came to see me at home this afternoon and he mentioned that someone on here had cleaned the signs, he said it should of been reported to him, I have now got his card and he said to contact him in future with any problems, so he has now left it to me to contact him.

If he was doing his job properly, surely he would of noticed the signs that I cleaned on the A465 long ago...

Balfour Beatty carries out regular highway inspections across Herefordshire. As part of the programme of activities undertaken, as agreed with the council, Balfour Beatty reactively responds to any case whereby a road sign is obscured or poses a health and safety risk. Balfour Beatty Locality Stewards monitor the quality of the road signs in their local area when conducting their regular inspections. Attention is paid to cleanliness, reflectivity, correct positioning and visibility of road signs. Locality Stewards will clean and provide initial and routine maintenance if signs are loose, twisted or incorrectly positioned, paying particular attention to those signs placed at accident cluster zones.

there is a sign out side my place, its covered, as its yellow underneath,  but  i asked the local council workers i now, and they dont know what its there for  or who has the key,  to open it,  it was put up about 5 years ago and never been opened 

would it be better to put a electronic  information board there instread

there is a sign out side my place, its covered, as its yellow underneath,  but  i asked the local council workers i now, and they dont know what its there for  or who has the key,  to open it,  it was put up about 5 years ago and never been opened 

would it be better to put a electronic  information board there instread

Can you upload a photo so we can see what you mean?

Well here we go then

We had a huge response to yesterdays post about sign cleaning in Herefordshire by Hereford Voice campaigner Colin James.

We've finally had a statement from the Herefordshire Council contractors who're responsible for their maintenance ..........

it says .....Balfour Beatty carries out regular highway inspections across Herefordshire. As part of the programme of activities undertaken, as agreed with the council, Balfour Beatty reactively responds to any case whereby a road sign is obscured or poses a health and safety risk. Balfour Beatty Locality Stewards monitor the quality of the road signs in their local area when conducting their regular inspections. Attention is paid to cleanliness, reflectivity, correct positioning and visibility of road signs. Locality Stewards will clean and provide initial and routine maintenance if signs are loose, twisted or incorrectly positioned, paying particular attention to those signs placed at accident cluster zones.

The safety of the public and our workforce is our primary concern and we ask that any member of the public voluntarily cleaning road signs does so while taking the appropriate health and safety precautions.

Contractors have obviously been fed a manual of language that resulted in that reply. The reply was very complicated! Keep replies concise and short! 

I saw this morning that the Mordiford sign has been cleaned.
I travelled back from Tewksbury last night finding the M50 shut so I went back via Worcester and a couple of signs are really bad.
The one at the bottom of Fromes Hill is battered,bashed,dirty and says Hereford 2 miles and has been this way for at least three years.
On another note,going down the new dual by pass towards Digliss flyover bridge the speed limit signs say 60mph.Never seen a 60mph sign before.

• 2 weeks later...

Ledbury have a employed sign cleaner! Seen him a few times on my travels. Will try and get a snap.

Well he ain't been that busy as I went by pass way to M50 today and most signs along the road are pretty dirty.

Going again tomorrow so will snap some of the dirtiest

• 1 month later...

Just came across this article on BBC Hereford and Worcester again, so grabbed a screenshot. 

5ade46ee206c4_BBCHerefordandWorcesterArticle.thumb.png.bf4f8cc6fb02470a87fcc976f14707a5.png

We noticed only the other day that these signs have not been cleaned since and some of the ones featured above will need a clean again, we have identified quite a few locally that need cleaning so that is another project we will be working on over the coming weeks.

Please posts you pictures if you manage to clean any signs.