New Black Bins, Max 4 Bags a Fortnight - f*** Off

Biomech

And so it begins! The lads turned up delivering the black wheeled contraption didn't they. Course, I shot out there and told them exactly where I stood, namely I was not accepting the delivery.

That got the lads thinking! I said, 'have you ever met a complete tw.at? Well that's me. I'm it. It's me, and I'll be damned if you wheel that thing up my drive'.

Course, we went through the usual didn't we. I told them, 'I don't care how high my mountain of rubbish reaches'. I explained, even if there's a black swarm of bluebottle flies and its clear to any reasonable person that its me and my rubbish that's the source of this public health issue, still, even then, I refuse to accept delivery.

Then it was,'will you speak to our line manager on the phone'. I told them, 'I'm never going to speak to your line manager. Ever! Even if he wins the bloody lottery and he wants to share the winnings with me, I'll never speak to him.

Whatsmore, I told them, under no circumstances should they creep back here, step upon my drive, deliver the horrid thing and then make off because I will consider this to be an act of hostility and I'll take the necessary time to consider what my response will be and where I'll deposit this German contraption.

In short, my rubbish is going into a black plastic bin bag and once full, it's getting secured with a knot and left outside for collection. If, as a result, the bag remains in its place and its not collected then so bloody be it. I can continue this stance for as long as is necessary. I ain't for turning. Why? Because I've got principles. That's why and I'll never change course!

Good for you Bobby47!  You tell 'em.

Do you want my rubbish too?

I don't - but some people might think that they already have enough rubbish from Bobby.

As an aside I had to resuscitate my black wheelie bin which was delivered on the 18th Aug - Mrs U went out today to dust it as she does every day and found it lying on its side , had to carefully lift it up into the sitting position and revive it with a coffee - appears to have recovered ready for more rubbish on the 7th Nov.

I have an idea Biomech!

The next time you get junk mail, with a pre-paid envelope for your response, might I suggest you stick it on a black bag and post it??

Kill two birds with one stone - it will deter the sender of the unwanted post, when they receive your "rubbish" response, and help keep your black bag allowance within the limit!!

It could also do wonders for your blood pressure!!

I said farewell to my last black bag of weekly rubbish today .... Thursday ... I'm now going to be fight off the rats as my next black bag is being carted off in 13 days ... In the new black bin ... On a new collection day ... Wednesday ...   :Happy_32:

The Demise Of The Bin Bag.

Fare thee well, black bin bag,

You aren't needed anymore,

You will not be filled with rubbish,

And placed outside the door.

Often you've been bulging,

Full up with household waste,

Sawdust from the hamsters cage,

And meals the family would not taste. (.......I'm no cook!)

But now your time is over,

Some say this is a sin,

We say,"Goodbye"to our trusty bags,

And, "Hello" Wheelie Bin!

By. D Hippy.

Dip you have to put your black bags in the black bin! Well that's what I was told when I rang the waste department! The lorries can't lift the bins! The lorries can lift recycling bins but at the moment they can't lift the new black bins until the company who collect the bins change the lorries. If you look at the lorries they only have aa lift on the recycling side, the lorries are split in two one side for recycling the other for black bags. The chap I spoke to said there are some lorries that only collect black bags and some that are split in two and collect both. He said that some areas have two lorries collecting one for recycling and one for black bags other lorries in rural areas are dual lorries that can collect both!

I could be wrong but that's what I was told when I rang and asked! It's all very confusing!

Yes indeed initially we were being told to put our rubbish in the black bin without black bags then somehow it quietly changed over to putting it in black bags.  All this todo over black bins no wonder  this county is like it is.  They must think people are a bit thick I had the leaflet delivered with the bin.  Then the other evening I had another leaflet delivered through my letter box.  YES WE GET THE PICTURE THANK YOU.  How much is this exercise costing and for what really? Shame they can't be as informative about other goings on's in the Council 

Yep it's the usual disaster but the decision is made and you can moan all you like they will not change their minds they will plough on regardless! by the way whose this Michelle character who has suddenly appeared on FB?

Dunno who she might be ... My Green bin is scheduled to be picked up 6 days after the last pick up ... Mine will barely be 1/2 full ... New system .... I'm not really bothered as I'm not in the UK next Wednesday ... 

I will miss our regular bin men I am assuming they will all be changed around.  You could almost set your clock by them always cheerful whatever the weather however many bags had been ripped open and even working on Bank Holidays and probably on s..t money.  They only stepped out of line with me once over an unmarked green  bag oops well it was a try on! 

I can't for the life of me remember where it was, but I saw the council advertising for Bin men this week. Which is interesting considering how they have axed so much of the service

You could almost set your clock by them always cheerful whatever ...

My black bin men are fantastic. The recyclers are a bunch of lazy, useless, argumentative pricks who will find absolutely any reason not to take the rubbish away

Biomech - by coincidence my Bin man who has been collecting my black bag and recycling stuff since the recycling bin was issued said to me last week that he was being finished plus whilst for the last 9 years has been collecting my rubbish etc round about 0900 he added that " they " haven't carried out any test runs of an apparent new route ...brings to mind " failing to plan is planning to fail"

Blimey, I don't mind fortnightly collections........but try as I might, I cannot fathom HOW this is going to save money. We will still have a weekly service, just alternating between household waste and recycling. We are told that some of the lorries have half and half compartments, some don't. Some have the capacity to lift wheelie bins, others don't. We read that staff have been laid off, then they are recruiting.

I would really like to see some sort of analysis of the "savings" that this exercise is supposed to be making.

Not quite sure what is happening in various parts of Whitecross.......loads of bins out on some of the side streets, and still plenty of bags out for those without access for the wheelies. I've just been out with the dog, and at 7.00pm, they are still there!

I do hope folks who put their wheelie bins on the pavement for collection, then take them back a soon as they can......trying to negotiate narrow pavements littered with wheelie bins AND avoiding pavement cyclists(with NO lights) is proving quite tricky in the dark!!

Our bins are usually collected at 8am sharp, on a Friday. Last week, they weren't collected til about 2.30 or so. My Dad, who happened to be here and loitering (ie standing outside having a cigarette) went to chat, and found out it was the FOURTH truck they'd had.. All the others has broken down, or had something else wrong with them. End of contract = no maintenance I guess :-(

The green bins come at about 5am in a truck that sounds like an interplanetary mining ship taking off - I imagine others here have heard it.

The black bin guys come anywhere between 10am-12pm which suits me just fine as I prefer not to leave rotting meat on the streets all night for the cats etc.

Just coming back to the title - and because I'm feeling angered.

FOUR BLACK ******* BAGS ONLY PER FORTNIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(beginning with Christmas, the busiest time of the year for refuse (hah, bobby, refuse/refuse, how ironic))

My new collection day is Friday's - Boxing Day is on a Friday - can understand that there is no rubbish collection that day - but according to the Council website we will have a collection two days later on the Sunday - that's OK by me if it means that as many workers as possible get to have Christmas with their families.

How are you all getting on with this?

It is my first general rubbish collection today, after two weeks, and I have just about managed to fill half a black sack (I don't have a bin), and I can see in the rest of the street that none of the bins are overflowing nor have those without one put out more than four sacks.

Hi Aylestone Voice,

We have one black bag and one recycling bag per week as a rule, so with the alternate collection, it's a max of two bags. We don't have a wheelie bin, as there is no rear access, and I didn't want one anyway!

We keep the bag of household refuse in our traditional old bin in the garden, whilst the one in use stays housed in the back porch. The recycilg bag, once full, lives in the shed until the collection is due.

Personally, I didn't anticipate any problems with alternate weekly collections, as we just don't generate that much household waste.

Having now seen the size of the wheelie bins at neighbouring properties, I can appreciate that for larger families it could well prove problematic.

Having encouraged us all to recycle as much as possible, it seems a tad foolish of the council to then make it more difficult by insisting that the bin lid must shut, or not collecting anything recyclable left next to the bin.

They should embrace our recycling efforts, and take whatever is there! Not penalise us with warning stickers!

Household waste is a different matter though.

2mr76u8.jpg

Bin wagon has just been round my way ~ Aylestone. They emptied the bin with the raised lid but left the sacks on the pavement. With a note. I think there are 5 sacks which is already too many for the next collection in 2 weeks. In the meantime they are just lying there attracting vermin and a few cats ...

This is the crux of the problem - people are either stupid or don't care or both - if they'd read the information, assuming they can read, they'd know that these bags will be left behind. What are they going to do with them? In 2 weeks time the problem will be twice as worse, ad infinitum. They will have to either drive to the tip - bad for the environment - or fly tip - ditto plus we have to pay to have it cleaned up.

This is a House in Multiple Occupancy nearby - these bags have been out for 10 days - our collection is tomorrow, so the pile will double in size tonight. It already has raw sewage running through it from the broken soil pipe. Yes it has been reported to Environmental Health. No they haven't responded. How do the bins work for Houses in Multiple Occupancy* anyone? I've read all the council stuff and can't find any mention. 

*censor won't let me abbreviate

post-858-0-34290800-1415802065_thumb.jpg