HEREFORD UNITED your local club

silent bull

I am (like many other Bulls fans) disgusted at how many broken promises the chairman (Mr Keyte) has made.

many a time (too many times to exactly know) he has said- the players wages are on there way to them-the staff will be paid in due time- "the club is safe under my watch" all lies LIES LIES LIES!!!!

I am utterly and completely mad at the way that this historic club has been treated by Keyte

Belmont Golf club GONE!!!!

Racecourse GONE!!!!

NOW the'local'professional

FOOTBALL CLUB GONE!!!!

Lied to and sold off by a lying cheating scumbag!!!

'Sorry' that's how I feel!!

I'm not a football fan but the way they have conned money out of fans who have worked damned hard to keep the club going is deplorable.  A lot of fans are just normal working people who have not cash to spare but have dug deep in the belief they were helping the club  they must feel very bitter and fed up.  Talk about a scam.  However I can't help but feel there is a hidden agenda with all of this or has Hereford lost it's way. Is this in part due to our leaders letting us down with poor decisions and just not being in touch with the majority of the people of Hereford - the ones that count.

Hereford Times Friday 6th June 2014 in News By Bill Tanner

SENIOR officers of Herefordshire Council have met with the reported new owner of Hereford United.

But the council has stressed today that the meetings between those officers and businessman Tommy Agombar were “standard introductions†with no outline of future plans for the club.

In a statement, the council said it had yet to receive “formal notification†of the club’s new ownership arrangements and could not take part in negotiations without it.

Mr Agombar, the council confirmed, was introduced to those senior officers  he could expect to “engage with†in future.

With United’s club’s own future on the brink, the terms of the lease the council has with the club over the Edgar Street ground stay unchanged.

The council and the club are closely entwined and most recently worked closely to negotiate new leases on the ground.

Assigning the Edgar Street leases – one for 75 years on the ground and terracing to the west, the other for 33 years for the stand and parking area to the east and both dating from 1982 - was one of the last big deals done by the former Hereford City Council.

During the late 1990s, with United facing severe financial problems, the leases were reassigned to property developers in return for a £1m capital injection into the club.

The money was made available through two companies, the BS (Bristol Stadium) Group and Chelverton.

BS and Chelverton took equal ownership of a special purpose company called Formsole Ltd which made the investment and held the leases – as the tenant under both – with the club holding sub-leases.  

By August 2001, BS had sold its “loan†to Chelverton which ran into trouble little over a year later when control of the leases passed to Carillion Richardson.

United still owed £1m plus interest to Formsole which stayed solvent when Chelverton went into liquidation.  

It was about this time there was talk of United leaving Edgar Street allowing Formsole to sell the site.

This talk came to nothing and by 2003 it was clear the club was staying at Edgar Street.  

The reassignment of the leases was supported by Herefordshire Council when it took control of the former city council’s affairs.

Getting the leases back was pitched as a political priority when the news broke in April 2010 that then United chairman Graham Turner and vice chairman Joan Fennessy were ready to sell their majority shareholding in the club.

The club began negotiations with Carillion Richardson for the return of the leases almost as soon as the Keyte-Russon takeover was completed in June that year.

That deal was done by December with the club paying £452,000 to secure the return of the leases and settle a £1,069,500 debt to Richardsons Developments, clearing the way for a new single lease and the development opportunities that could bring.

The deal was intended to offer the club security for the next 30 years and ensure future re-entry to the Football League - which requires a 25-year secured tenancy.

It also opened up opportunities for grant funding for any future development - £400,000 in the Conference and £750,000 in the Football League.

The council was ready to allow an extension to the new stadium lease of 250 years once development at either end was underway, with proceeds from the sale of development areas held in a joint escrow account.

That money was intended for the construction of two new stands - one at each end of the ground - and modernisation work on the existing stadium.

Good reporting Bill. Looks a complete mess with a lot of fingers in the pie.

doughboy_539206aac9a6a.jpg

Pursuant to Article 5.2 of the Ltd Company Articles of Association, a quorate meeting of its Board of Directors today met to consider matters of membership ahead of its Annual General Meeting.

In the case of Hereford United (1939) Ltd, (Company Number 355272) being represented by chairman David Keyte and director Andrew Green the Board unanimously agreed that the club can retain membership of the Ltd Company and their place in the Football Conference Premier providing financial payments are secured as directed by the Board.

Failure to meet the financial conditions imposed the clubs membership would be revoked.

They don't mention a specific time frame in their statement but you can't fail to find it very strange that having given HUFC an ultimatum to pay up that wasn't met (5 PM last night) then they let them retain Conference status anyway! Certainly appears like the tail is wagging the dog here ...

If BBC H+W said the new deadline is 10 AM tomorrow then I'm not going to disagree. The cash is not certain to clear across by then being the weekend but I suppose HUFC can show quite easily if any buttons have been pressed to transfer cash if needed.

AGM is tomorrow ...  

doughboy_539206aac9a6a.jpg

David Keyte has spoken about the Football Conference ruling regarding the clubs future.

David Keyte, who attended yesterday's Conference Board Meeting regarding membership for the 2014/15 season, has thanked the Conference board for a fair hearing. 

"I'd like to thank the Conference Board members for their time and for an extremely fair and professional hearing. We accept their ruling and conditions fully." Keyte told herefordunited.co.uk.

"I would also like to thank Andrew Green for his support. Mr Green is Mr Agombar's accountant and financial advisor, and I'd like to clarify, not a club director as reported."

David Keyte and Club Secretary Lee Symmonds will travel to Newport this morning for the Conference AGM "There is no requirement to pay funds this morning, but proof of funds has been requested by the Conference Board. Mr Green will provide the necessary documentation" Keyte confirmed. 

Hereford United Official Site

Keyte now saying that nothing has to be paid today. Just proof has to be shown that the funds are there ... 

According to `companycheck' Mr Agombar seems to have set up six companies in the last 12 months so this doesn't give a strong track record.  He is based in Yorkshire,  Whenever I hear someone referred to by the vague word "businessman" I get suspicious.  

According to the company check website:

The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where Thomas (Agombar) holds a current appointment equals £9,613, with a combined assets value of £278,849 and liabilities of £655,688. Roles associated with Thomas Agombar within the recorded businesses include: Director

http://companycheck.co.uk/director/917937630/THOMAS-JAMES-AGOMBAR/director-summary

This is not Roman Abramovich and  I suspect there may be more parallels with Brighton (football fans will remember) than with Manchester City in this whole mess.   

In all seriousness, what are they? Genuine question. Because we've had a "professional" local team. They are bad at football, they are bad at management, the fans have really lost out not only in club performance but also in having to pay the clubs bills for them. When an away team comes to Hereford they are bundled across the bombsite that is Merton Meadow, loaded into couches and shipped off - so away fans aren't spending locally. Seriously, what kind of impression does that car park give the club and Hereford as a whole? Imagine driving into Anfield or Old Trafford and the car park  being like that - it would be unthinkable.

Every week there's more troubles, and every week we hear "big things coming next week", "exciting news coming next week" - next week comes and it all falls through. And they just keep preying on this tunnel visioned fans who blindly put their faith into their empty words.

Don't take it the wrong way, but I genuinely don't see any positives in ripping off die hard fans and dragging problems out to create more problems. You wouldn't follow a huge stock market crash or invest in a failing restaurant, why keep investing in this failing club?

I see the benefits in having a well maintained, well managed and performing football club and grounds. 

I see absolutely no benefit in dragging this mess out.

I see the car park is being resurfaced this weekend.

When we have roads in shocking states like Venns Lane it makes you wonder who the idiot in charge of what gets repaired/resurfaced is thinking.

Can someone explain this to me? From what I understand, the club had/has debts, which were sold with the club for £1 to someone. The debts to ?? haven't been paid, so the club has been relegated.

If HUFC have just been relegated to play in a lower league - and football will continue with the grounds being used to host matches, why are people getting so ridiculously upset?

If HUFC have just been relegated to play in a lower league - and football will continue with the grounds being used to host matches, why are people getting so ridiculously upset?

Biomech there upset because of the lies, deceit underhandedness & the broken promises sound familiar? & for some there football club is there life & therefore they get very emotional about things like this! just like you or I, over the running of this city & county or another person who has burnt there toast in the morning might get upset??

Although you might not realise it I think you have more in common with HUFC fans than you realise apart from the fact you don't like football!!

Nothing to say about the last two wins/games then Colin? ;-)

Was going to ask you about the lottery numbers being you were starting to correct predictions but don't think i'll bother now.

I was there at Aldershot, what a day, shame that it looks like we could be relegated for off field stuff

As sad as the news today is for Hereford I rest my case... do you still want my lottery numbers?  :Winky:

From herefordshire Council News: 11 June 2014

Herefordshire Council is very sorry to hear the news about Hereford United Football Club; it is a significant blow to the city and to the county as a whole.

We are committed to ensuring that Edgar Street continues to be available as a home for football.  We have recently renegotiated all of the leases, which continue to be held by the club, to ensure that money generated from redevelopment opportunities at the ground will be invested back into the facilities.

We remain open to discussions with any potential investors who, like us, wish to see football remain at Edgar Street.

Councillor Tony Johnson
Leader of Herefordshire Council

Reviving the velodrome topic is there no possibility that the site could be developed to provide a multi purrpose arena with hotel covering athletics, football, cycling, music & cultural events. Ideas?

Biomech there upset because of the lies, deceit underhandedness & the broken promises sound familiar?

I appreciate that, but they seem to be saying/making out that it's the end of HUFC, yet from where I'm standing they are just being relegated and will continue to play and use the ground - or am I wrong?

& for some there football club is there life 

That is something I really can't get my head around. I understand some people are passionate about things or like things a lot, but some of these people literally breath and eat HUFC, they know nothing else and spend every bit of their lives consumed by the smallest of details. I've never understood that.

Yeah, but the potholes and traffic pi*% me off, I don't live and breath Hereford traffic, consuming my every second with the smallest of details. :)

The HT tweeted earlier the new bosses son is training for/with the trials, if that means the new bosses son gets a place on the team for being the bosses son, things aren't going to get better any time soon :P

It's not as simple as just dropping a League when you get to this stage ... You don't just automatically end up somewhere else!

Hereford are reportedly trying to negotiate entry into the Calor Southern League ...

If I run that League I wouldn't accept them unless they paid the old debts ...

http://www.northdevonjournal.co.uk/Hereford-United-expulsion-Football-Conference-set/story-21212786-detail/story.html

And how would it work paying new staff next season when the old people weren't paid last season? And who would cut the grass as the firm who do it now are owed £20k according to reports?

Taken some extracts from Hereford Times articles: Who are these people (Consultants - usually means fat fees) and what are their backgrounds. I know Tony Agombar had a troubled past involved with high jackng lorries, but what of this lot?

Tommy Agombar

Yesterday, the Hereford Times revealed that the council was ready to consider a request by the new owners for a transfer of the leases to a company within their ownership.

*Meanwhile consultant Stuart Blake has moved to refute claims that he has been appointed Tommy Agombar's media officer at Hereford United. "This is a complete fabrication," he told the Hereford Times. He says he will be taking legal advice on the matter.

A good start arguing already.

NEW Hereford United consultant Mark Ellis has claimed that the manager’s role was perhaps ‘too big a job’ for Pete Beadle.

Beadle was the man who saved United from relegation from the Conference on a dramatic afternoon at Aldershot.

Ellis, who is a football agent, said: “We have to assemble the group of players first and then bring in a manager.

This chap Ellis is not at all popular with the fans judging by readers comments. He appears to be putting himself up as the saviour of Hereford United. Background here at Crystal Sports Management,

NEW consultant Mark Ellis says he is laying the foundations for success with Hereford United.

He also thinks that former director Dave Preedy is keen to help the new regime.

The son of Liverpool legend Terry McDermot will be coming to Hereford, he says.

“I have an expertise when I am brought in by clubs and, in the past four years, I have got promotions with Bournemouth, Sheffield Wednesday and QPR.

“They all know that I know the best players – my network is second to none.

“Anyone you speak to in the right circles in football, will only say positive things about me.

“I can smell this is a great project.

Ellis says he is a consultant at United - not the director of football - and wants players to be proud to put on a Bulls' shirt.

“We have boys flying in from Spain and Terry McDermot’s son is coming down to play for us.

"Ex-players are coming up from London, including Peter Brabrook, and he wants to bring his knowledge to help us."

A lot of self promotion here and back slapping. He can smell this is a great project, but I can smell something fishy.

NEW Hereford United consultant Mark Ellis has rubbished fans’ forum claims they will be bussing  players in from London to play for the Bulls.

“We will have boys staying in Hereford and they will be full-time," said Ellis.

“This is modern life - not the Second World War - and those claims on the internet are wrong.

“We are only having trials at the moment but we have three lads from Swindon, two from Birmingham, five boys from London, three boys from Paris and three coming in from Spain.

He added: “If I was a football club to have someone like me walk through the door, it does not happen. I work with some unbelievable players – I still do.

“Jake Livermore comes to me and I work with him on a one-on-one basis and these lads don’t know how lucky they are.

“I want to be the best at it – I have been to Real Madrid and stuff from Arsenal.

“I make mistakes – but not many."

That's all Hereford United need is just one mistake and it could be him. Some of his comments are not very coherent,

FORMER Banbury United assistant manager Jon Taylor is working as a consultant at Hereford United.

Paul Davis is also working with consultant Mark Ellis to bring in players for trials at Victoria Park.

Video analyst Neil Phelps, from Hereford, who did some work with United during Martin Foyle’s reign, is filming the trials.

Ellis said he hoped Phelps could do some coaching and look after a possible new women's team.

“I have never failed at anything – never,†said Ellis, who is also a football agent with Crystalsportsmanagement based in Hornchurch.

“I am a consultant and whether it’s extended, I will do my job to the best of my ability.

“I am 110 per cent working for Hereford and I have just come back from Nigeria and two weeks before that I was in Russia.

Sounds like a very agitated man. Likely to disappear when the going gets hot.

The amazing thing about this lot is that they will be dealing with Herefordshire Cabinet in the future and we all know what the result of this will be. A lack lustre match probably going into extra time with all the players and managers getting fantastic pay rises and the ground sold off to pay for it all.

I don't see Hereford Futures playing in this league, but I am sure they will get a wild card to meet the winners of the Monday meeting at Brockington. I wonder how many own goals will be scored. Captain Tony Johnson says we have got a great team and I am sure we will give the citizens of Hereford a good run for their money.

Good Grief!

I think a musical career should be beckoning for this gentleman....something in the wind section perhaps? He certainly seems more than happy blowing his own trumpet, that's for sure!

Does this chap seriously believe his own hype?

Has he never heard the phrase, "Self praise is no praise"?

I know nothing about football.....but I do know a load of guff and twaddle when I read it!

Hereford Times: 12:50pm Friday 13th June 2014 in News By Bill Tanner

Local Businessmen offer alternative to Hereford United

A MALVERN-based company director has confirmed that, as a representative of a number of prominent local businessmen, he will be meeting with Herefordshire Council on Tuesday to express concerns about the long term plans of Hereford United’s new owner.

Jon Hale, who owns Hadopots Limited,  said: “The purpose of our meeting – which two other group members will attend with me - will be to express our grave reservations about Hereford United’s new majority shareholder and his long-term plans for the club’s ground, Edgar Street.

“The lack of clear communication since he took ownership, the failure to make payments when promised, and the news that he has already approached the council about the three leases relating to Edgar Street has set alarm bells off with us all.

“We have joined together as a group as we share a belief that Mr Agombar is unfit to be the tenant at Edgar Street and that he has bought a majority shareholding in the club simply to seek profit from the development opportunities he believes there are at the site.

“At the meeting on Tuesday we will put forward a number of proposals to clearly demonstrate there is a viable alternative to any plans that Mr Agombar wants us to believe he has.

Our plans would see the creation of a new football club to play at Edgar Street - a club that is sustainable and community run, but with a number of local investors in the background to ensure it is built from a solid financial base.

“Sadly, due to the recent mismanagement of Hereford United’s finances and the fact that the actual levels of debt are still unclear, we feel starting afresh is the only way forward to secure a long term future for professional or semi professional football in the city of Hereford.

“Although none of us would be happy to see our club, Hereford United, go out of business, we have reached the point where we feel there is no realistic alternative to forming a new club.

"With the club’s expulsion from the Conference having been confirmed, we do not believe the club has a viable future in its present guise.

“We are in a position where we could move forward with our plans for a new club immediately and I can reassure supporters that the local community would be at the very heart of all we would aim to achieve. Although our proposals would see the formation of a new club, we would always embrace and celebrate the unique history of Hereford United Football Club and its spirit.

“We have approached the Hereford United Supporters Trust (HUST) Board to inform them about this meeting and also explain why we have decided to organise it.

"We are committed to working alongside HUST as their aims and goals mirror those of our group.

"We are therefore pleased that HUST Chairman Chris Williams has accepted our invitation to attend the meeting on Tuesday with us.

“Obviously, at the present time the club remains in the hands of Mr Agombar, but we felt we had to make our interest in the club known to the council at this stage to ensure they know we would be willing to put time, effort and money into protecting the future of football at Edgar Street.

“We also felt it was important we made news of this meeting public because far too many things have happened at Edgar Street behind closed doors in recent times.

“Right now there is no further information to share about our meeting but we will be looking to link closely with the council as the current situation at Edgar Street develops.

"When there is any news for us to share it will be made public at the earliest opportunity to ensure openness and complete transparency – something our group feels very strongly about.â€

Those attending the meeting with the council will be Jon Hale, Phil Eynon, Richard Howard (a past Chairman of the Vice Presidents Club) and Chris Williams on behalf of HUST.

In addition Phil Pratt – an experienced chartered surveyor from Alder King Commercial Property Consultants - will also be attending as he is advising the group on issues relating to the leases and the commercial implications of the Landlord and Tenant Act.