HEREFORD UNITED your local club

silent bull

On a positive point if there is one, I read it somewhere that Heineken has given the club £10,000.

They would have been better off waging that £10k on a Woking win at 11/10. That means they would have been able to give the Club over £20k instead. I think prior to yesterday Woking were on a 5 game winning streak and HUFC had took 3 points from their last ten games. No brainer as Woking were always going to win. 

It would be a real shame if we lose our club it is symbolic of our great city after losing the racecourse it is now more important than ever we save our football club big things have to change on the board and some common sense businessmen need to get involved but the here and now is that if people rally behind it and we get to the end of the season there is a real chance to move forward I am donating a cask of beer from my brewery to the club each week which is what I can afford to do along with trying to attend or if I can't sending the gate fee if we could just all do a little it will save our club and good times will return.

Finally if anyone from the new development reads this GET YOUR HANDS IN YOUR POCKETS NOW because you will benefit more than anyone if the club gets back to former glory's!!!

Well said Jim. Good lad. This matters a great deal and sometimes, whilst its difficult nowadays, it ain't just about the bottom line and money, its about 'us' our home and our City.

So much has been given away, lost, wasted and cast to one side. The Club is one of those things. We've all lost the habit of not doing the things we used to do like watching the Club. We've stopped pottering about in High Town, we've stopped going to our local pub and we either sit in the house supping ale or we allow our kids to run around all week wearing Premier League team shirts knowing they'll only get to see 'their star players' a couple of times each year because its just to expensive to get there.

We are sleep walking to a place that's being swallowed up by business, outside forces and being entertained by SKY. We no longer think because we don't have to any longer.

A generation of young people will no longer know what it means to wake up on a Saturday and know your going to see your local team play. They'll not feel the excitement of being in a crowd which humankind are so responsive to, they'll not watch their Dads talking and singing with his mates who always sit or stand in the same place every single game, they won't smell the smells that are all so familiar to a working class gathering, they won't experience the roar of the crowd, the elation of victory and the cold walk home to your 'tea' that's being kept warm in the oven by your Mam.

All these things, silly little things will be lost forever and once they've gone, they ain't coming back and we will all be the losers if the Club folds.

It's a shame the ground cannot be sold and HUFC relocate and build a new stadium on the racecourse

What difference will that make? There were talks a couple of years back about a new ground near Grafton but nothing came of it. I'm afraid that a lot of folk have lost confidence in HUFC, bad management and lack of wins this combined with poor directors has led to the clubs inevitable demise. 

It's a shame the ground cannot be sold and HUFC relocate and build a new stadium on the racecourse

I predict that the ground is being idly left with no real effort from those involved to save it. The ground will be bought up by developers within the next 10 years. I predict that the HUFC ground will be moved and such an announcement of news will occur within 1-5 years.

Sorry to have to post this but the locals are quite prepared to go and pay £20k to go and watch a Comedy act at the drop of a hat ..... but are not prepared to attend 100 yards away at the football ground .... This is still just papering over some cracks in my opinion ... 

Sorry to have to post this but the locals are quite prepared to go and pay £20k to go and watch a Comedy act at the drop of a hat ..... but are not prepared to attend 100 yards away at the football ground .... This is still just papering over some cracks in my opinion ... 

Good point that...

I heard on the radio that the fans have enough to pay the HMRC next week, deadline is Monday?

Then what?

Because with such a delay paying, the next bill can't be far off.

And let's not forget corporation tax is only paid on profit, so unless they have to pay some other tax I'm not aware of, they are still pocketing money. Perhaps one of the people more interested in HUFC could clear that up. Assuming, of course, that that isn;t the problem - they've made the profit and pocketed ALL the money.

I know nothing about football!

What I think would be a good idea, was if the Premier League teams, had to "buddy" a lower division team.

Sort of, team mentoring if you like. They often do this in business, and it has mutual advantages.

Imagine, for a moment, if a team like....oh, I don't know, Liverpool or Chelsea were partnered with Hereford.....maybe once a season let one of their players play for our local team....I bet the kids would be queueing around the block for a ticket!

The expertise, as well as the wealth needs to be distributed a bit more evenly if this game is to survive at the lower level.

• 1 month later...

post-109-0-36344800-1396033793.png

SATURDAY, MAY 31, 2014
No More Secrets
By Bobo

Bulls News understands that, while the investors have 'started the process of making payments to football creditors', as announced three days ago, no money has actually been transferred. Several players and staff took to social media yesterday to express their frustration at delays.

Fans are calling for clarity from the investors. The latest official statement last night stated that the group had taken on a 'major shareholding' in the club, failing to mention David Keyte at all.

Keyte appears to have been cut out of the picture at Edgar Street despite apparently remaining as Chairman. He denied that a trial game had been arranged only for the announcement to appear on the official site yesterday afternoon, while his claims that Peter Beadle was in the frame for the manager's job were also proven false.

The club appears to have been sold to new owners, but the fans do not know who wields the power or who will be representing the club at Monday's Court hearing.

The fears amongst the fans are that the investors are property speculators, keen only on the 4.5 acres of land that make up the Edgar Street site. 

Having paid no money so far they could conceivably transfer the two development pieces of the site from the club to themselves, and disappear into the sunset within a week with their names and faces unknown to the fans of the club - leaving David Keyte, and the rest of the board, to face the full wrath of the fans and the authorities over the demise of a 90 year old football club.

Or they could be the greatest thing that is about to happen to this club, and it is mere misfortune that has delayed proceedings. They may sort this mess out, have ambitious plans for the stadium and club, and fund the growth of the Bulls into a proud force once again.

It is time for our investors, and David Keyte and the board, to come clean and state the facts. They are the custodians of this club and must be accountable to the fans.

No more secrets.

Though I'm disgusted with some on here which refuse to see the benefits of having a full time Professional 'local' club on your doorstep it is sadly understandable of the feelings towards the club!!

Now, things are happening at the club (mostly London) which even the most harden supporter of this great club is struggling to understand and we also face the week which may change everything

Big plans are being made if/when we get past this week 'so' hopefully there may be happier times coming (watch this space)

I doubt it will change certain people's minds though as Hereford seem to have a lot of negative thinking people living in the area who are only happy putting things down and not bothering looking at the positives!!

'Sorry' I had to say that last bit because I believe it's true

Though I'm disgusted with some on here which refuse to see the benefits of having a full time Professional 'local' club on your doorstep 

In all seriousness, what are they? Genuine question. Because we've had a "professional" local team. They are bad at football, they are bad at management, the fans have really lost out not only in club performance but also in having to pay the clubs bills for them. When an away team comes to Hereford they are bundled across the bombsite that is Merton Meadow, loaded into couches and shipped off - so away fans aren't spending locally. Seriously, what kind of impression does that car park give the club and Hereford as a whole? Imagine driving into Anfield or Old Trafford and the car park  being like that - it would be unthinkable.

Every week there's more troubles, and every week we hear "big things coming next week", "exciting news coming next week" - next week comes and it all falls through. And they just keep preying on this tunnel visioned fans who blindly put their faith into their empty words.

Don't take it the wrong way, but I genuinely don't see any positives in ripping off die hard fans and dragging problems out to create more problems. You wouldn't follow a huge stock market crash or invest in a failing restaurant, why keep investing in this failing club?

I see the benefits in having a well maintained, well managed and performing football club and grounds. 

I see absolutely no benefit in dragging this mess out.

534223_302235483193284_83236067_n.jpg

Hereford United's new owner it would seem ... Thomas Agombar

Very little evidence to contradict the fact that he appears to be a man jailed for 7 years in 1987 for being heavily involved in a lorry hijacking organised crime outfit ... 

ramblingsheep75 wrote:

People might want to actually stop and think what is going on here:

1. British Land have a shiny new £90m development next to the football ground, which is unsightly, falling down and dead land, other than for football.

2. Hereford council, the land owners are skint.

3. Who is Tommy Agombar? does anyone know him? have they met him? and why would he have £145k in his back pocket when his company, listed at companies house only has £16k cash in the bank???

I see a whole load of closed door discussions, brown envelopes and backwards hand motions, so the council can re-develop the land, and have a fall guy for the locals to blame, other than David Keyte and Herefordshire Council....

There is nothing sensible coming out of the Club at the moment ... It all seems to be the same old empty promises ... I suppose that the fans' can only wait for some sort of decision from the Conference people who are meeting tomorrow and on Saturday ...

The new owner says he actually has the cash to settle the wages so how on earth that hinges on some sort of 'assurance' of Conference inclusion for next season is laughable ... He took on ownership knowing the position the Club were in ...

Wages are owed ... They should be paid! 

moan.jpg