Morrisons Supermarket (Hereford)

Roger

Morrisons posted a profit warning recently ... 

Robert Peston (BBC) on the subject

So why are they trying to aggravate customers by having a TalkTalk hit squad hovering as you leave? I let it go last night as these salesmen have to earn a living somewhere ... but I got grabbed again tonight by the same guys who had forgotten we had a conversation last night which had ended with me saying I was not remotely interested in their product. 

I was also in a bad mood as the offer product I went in for was bare on the shelf.

Also the car park now has so many rules that it puts you off going there. Machines that need you to type in your car registration number for instance. That loses my interest straight away! Plus ANPR cameras.

And I've not even started on the till situation! 

All peripheral reasons helping the massive shift to online shopping. Its probable that the walk-in supermarket boom is nearing or is past its peak - the future is online with much smaller stores to see and touch certain goods before having them delivered to your door or nearby 'locker'. There's a reason why the OLM is the only 'shopping centre' opening in the UK this year.

I too understand that they are just trying to make a living, but Hitler was just trying for a better world.

It's got to the point (I regular complain about the chuggers* in high town) where you need to scream and shout abuse at them. Maybe then places like Morrisson's will opt to not have them hassling their customers.

* CHarity mUGGERS, a term that I recently stumbled upon, inspired by their behaviour

mffa.jpg

Threat of £85 bill for infringing the parking which has been farmed out to Parking Eye who attract a fair amount of internet moans. 

Latest Advice from the MoneySavingExpert website ... 

If I get a ticket I will be straight down to the shop to moan at the Duty Manager ... on the basis that I put quite a considerable amount of money through their tills ... 

I suppose one of the biggest issues Morrisons has, is folk parking here to avoid the extortionate parking fees at the hospital. Certainly this would explain there somewhat over zealous approach to car parking rules! The downside being that they are alienating their own customers.

Most supermarkets have a two hour "rule", but as far as I am aware, Morrisons seem to be the heaviest handed when it comes to enforcing this.

Don't get me started on self service tills. Another case of reduced services yet same or increased price.

Anyone who uses a self service checkout should get a % discount for doing the job of the staff who no longer do that job.

Asda are just as bad but their self serve tills are excellent.

Asda are just as bad but their self serve tills are excellent.

They are better. There's about 10 small one's plus there's belt's for a larger shop. You got four at Morrison's with a bagging area as big as a postage stamp. Not good.

I shop in Asda and then get really confused when I pick something up from tesco in town and can't find the money hole :P

But yes, they are all as bad as each other in that customers are doing the work for nothing in return. In all honesty, I do think that if someone brought a legal case against self service checkouts they would win as it does constitute unpaid labour.

• 1 month later...

1204.jpg

The shop proudly states on it's shelf banner that Export is being sold at a 'cheaper' price of £4.25 for 4 x 440 ml cans'. What it doesn't say is that apart from the last couple of weeks when they were £4.50 they were being sold at £3.50 for months. So in real terms a 75p increase. Highly dubious marketing in my view.

I don't think they are helped when 18 cans' of the same item are presently £12.50 at Asda as a 'roll back' promotion ....

Alex is one of my favourite posters but on this occasion I'd urge you all to ignore him. No good will come of it if you follow his advice. Im all for not paying for something if Im given half a chance but this advice is a step to far.

You must pay those lovely four cans of Carlsberg ale. And they are lovely. You'd be an odd sort if you thought otherwise but Alex's advice to not pay for them is simply wrong.

By all means ask at the till if you can just take them and not hand over money. That's reasonable but simply to enter the shop, pick up the lovely four cans and walk out thinking they are yours and you are not required to pay is entirely wrong and I'll be damned if I get myself associated with this idea that you don't pay for four cans of Carlsberg lager.

And I'll tell you another thing, if any of you lot confide in me that you are taking cans of lager from this shop and you ain't paying, then Im rolling over on you. I will bring you down, you'll be hauled off by the Constable who'll be within his rights to taser you, beat you with a baton and spray you with CS gas.

That its come to this!

Bobby , you are wrong ! One must pay for the cans of Export , ....I am sure that Alex is giving advice about not paying for the Parking Ticket , if I'm wrong , it will not be the first time. - nor , I bet the last !

What it doesn't say is that apart from the last couple of weeks when they were £4.50 they were being sold at £3.50 for months. So in real terms a 75p increase.

There are laws about that now, you can report it and have them pulled up.

More on the chuggers, I was approached by Sky outside of Asda, pleasant enough chap, especially considering I told him Sky is a waste of money. However, he wasn't aware that you could access TV shows on Netflix. Which is a massive selling point for Netflix. If you're going to try and pitch to me, you need to know what you're talking about. 

There are laws about that now, you can report it and have them pulled up.

More on the chuggers, I was approached by Sky outside of Asda, pleasant enough chap, especially considering I told him Sky is a waste of money. However, he wasn't aware that you could access TV shows on Netflix. Which is a massive selling point for Netflix. If you're going to try and pitch to me, you need to know what you're talking about. 

If I got a major moan about Morrison's I tweet them. As the whole World can read the moan I always get rung up by the duty manager to smooth me over to maintain my custom. :-)

I was in there last night and had to dart behind the newspaper stand by the kiosk to avoid two fella's in suits waiting to try and sell me some broadband stuff I don't need ... 

I've noticed that there's been an increase of parking in that new (ish) park on the other side of Alyestone hill in the past few months (there's a bus stop opposite).

I wonder how long it will take the council to put parking meters there??

I've noticed that as well as I take my dogs there sometimes ... Not very often as it's crawling with dogs' in Aylestone Park and one of my dogs' doesn't really like many other dogs'. I think it's a good use of free parking and if you're a student then you should generally be fit enough to walk up that hill to college if you are able bodied. I'd be very disappointed at any parking charge there until the car parking/road are surfaced properly as it's like the surface of the Moon ...

Aylestone_Park.jpg

You can park for 30min in Morrisons without the need to buy a car parking ticket as I do this all the time.…but if parking eye, who are in my opinion a bunch of ******* *******'s? Should ever dare to send me an £85 charge then i will deffo be using it to light the barbie while telling them over the phone to kiss my arse that's for sure!!!!

Alex is one of my favourite posters but on this occasion I'd urge you all to ignore him. No good will come of it if you follow his advice. Im all for not paying for something if Im given half a chance but this advice is a step to far.

You must pay those lovely four cans of Carlsberg ale. And they are lovely. You'd be an odd sort if you thought otherwise but Alex's advice to not pay for them is simply wrong.

By all means ask at the till if you can just take them and not hand over money. That's reasonable but simply to enter the shop, pick up the lovely four cans and walk out thinking they are yours and you are not required to pay is entirely wrong and I'll be damned if I get myself associated with this idea that you don't pay for four cans of Carlsberg lager.

And I'll tell you another thing, if any of you lot confide in me that you are taking cans of lager from this shop and you ain't paying, then Im rolling over on you. I will bring you down, you'll be hauled off by the Constable who'll be within his rights to taser you, beat you with a baton and spray you with CS gas.

That its come to this!

Bobby, I was referring to the so called parking tickets :Grin:  I know a lot about speculative invoices even moneysupermarket give sound advice so please read their article HERE which has also been linked too above. You may also want to have a little read about Private Eye Here or Here or there is another company called Parking Eye Here same bollocks though! My advice would be NOT to pay anything at least until you have read all the links I have provided then make up your own minds. 3 times over the past 5 years I have had invoices slapped on to my car and each time I have totally ignored them. But I would pay for the beers lol

On a separate note, I never did understand how DVLA offer your private information out to anyone who sets up this type of company, data protection is non existent here then.

You can park for 30min in Morrisons without the need to buy a car parking ticket as I do this all the time.…but if parking eye, who are in my opinion a bunch of ******* *******'s? Should ever dare to send me an £85 charge then i will deffo be using it to light the barbie while telling them over the phone to kiss my arse that's for sure!!!!

Ditto  :Thumbs-Up:  :Thumbs-Up:  :Thumbs-Up:

I took my elderly mum shopping last week, it usually takes a couple of hours to get around the store, mind you she is 85 years old. Long story short, when we got to the till the lady said you best be quick because your two hours parking is almost up. My mum wanted to go for dinner in the cafe but we could not because they could not issue a separate ticket for the car park... I said that's ridiculous, a supervisor was stood next to her and said no, after two hours you have to leave the car park, I said but we are going to spend even more money in your store in the cafe, she said you can't! I caould not believe my ears, so we left. How stupid is this?  :Angry:

K.butt that's terrible maybe you should contacted Morrison & tell them wot happened,as I'm sure you can't be the only people that's happened to? then hopefully there look into it & get it sorted so that it doesn't happen again? After all there losing money!!

I took my elderly mum shopping last week, it usually takes a couple of hours to get around the store, mind you she is 85 years old. Long story short, when we got to the till the lady said you best be quick because your two hours parking is almost up. My mum wanted to go for dinner in the cafe but we could not because they could not issue a separate ticket for the car park... I said that's ridiculous, a supervisor was stood next to her and said no, after two hours you have to leave the car park, I said but we are going to spend even more money in your store in the cafe, she said you can't! I caould not believe my ears, so we left. How stupid is this?  :Angry:

Morrisons are tackling the abuse of their car park by targetting their own customers' .... I haven't shopped there for 2 weeks due to their prices and tactics! 

• 1 month later...

Usual drill there today ... Some bloke in discussion at the kiosk about countless bottles of wine in his trolley. Not quite sure what was happening but he was there for ages. Supervisor involved. Woman in front of me was returning hired glassware that she had received in damaged/smashed/chipped/dirty condition.

I went and selected my loaf of bread and went to the beer aisle where amazingly a 4 pack of Export lager was advertised with a shelf banner as 'cheaper' at £4.25. Technically correct as it was £4.50 for a short time but had been £3.50 for ages before that! 

I then went to the self serve as minimal tills open. Only 4 machines and one was broken completely. 

Typical visit.

Morrisons Price Cuts

ps. 4 cans is £2.77 at Asda when you analyse what the 18 pack costs per 4 cans. £12.50 for 18.  :Happy_32:

Evening Roger!

Have you considered going down the home brew route??

A whole lot cheaper....... and a whole lot less stressful than navigating the self service tills at Morrison's!!

Yeah ... Done that one ... With wine ... Bit of a novelty and I never even did it for cost purposes ... I got bored as you have to put too much effort in ... 

• 1 month later...

3010797.jpg?type=articleLandscape

A PAY and display system is to return to the Morrisons car park in Hereford tomorrow.

Shoppers were previously told to input their vehicle registration in order to pay for their parking.

“Six months ago, we upgraded our car park with the latest vehicle registration plate recognition," said store general manager Andy Colley.

"However, many of our customers have said they dislike this new technology.

"It has not worked well at our store on this particular occasion.

“We are grateful for our customers’ feedback and are sorry if this has caused any inconvenience."

Customers will still be able to park for free up to two hours', with parking tickets reimbursed in the store upon completion of their shop.

Hereford Times

Will have to check this out ... But having to type in the vehicle number into the machine was a bit of a chore ... I never did and have never got a ticket from the private company that were doing the car park enforcement. 

The number of self service tills in Sainsbury, has recently increased to eight.

They still appear to "malfunction" when you tell the machine you have bought your own bags.

"Verifying weight........please wait for assistance."

Every time!