Morrisons Supermarket (Hereford)

Roger

We all want to see retailers and food service companies do more to Back British Farming. Find out who backs BBF here http://on.fb.me/1ICqhKA 

This was in the new today ... 

_84821730_milkbottles.jpg

BBC

Morrisons are creating a new label (as pictured above) that will sit in the same milk chiller as the cheaper identical product. 10 pence per litre extra will go direct to farmers which means their current 89 p four pint bottle of milk would cost £1.12.

It's probably quite a savvy marketing trick. It will cost virtually nothing to implement (as opposed to their expensive sponsorship of Ant + Dec TV) and will gather positive comments. And it will guarantee the people doing the milk clearance stunts will take them off their radar.

They obviously had the option of putting all their 4 pint bottles at £1.12, and I can't imagine people would moan too much, but they have chosen not to do so ...  

This was in the new today ... 

_84821730_milkbottles.jpg

BBC

Morrisons are creating a new label (as pictured above) that will sit in the same milk chiller as the cheaper identical product. 10 pence per litre extra will go direct to farmers which means their current 89 p four pint bottle of milk would cost £1.12.

It's probably quite a savvy marketing trick. It will cost virtually nothing to implement (as opposed to their expensive sponsorship of Ant + Dec TV) and will gather positive comments. And it will guarantee the people doing the milk clearance stunts will take them off their radar.

They obviously had the option of putting all their 4 pint bottles at £1.12, and I can't imagine people would moan too much, but they have chosen not to do so ...  

Very clever

• 2 weeks later...

As he lives in Ross have "they" allowed him to use only the Ross Morrisons ? I accept that other than using the Internet he may have to travel to Sports Direct shop OR purchase all his shopping , groceries , clothing etc via the Internet .

By ordering that he only shopped on the Internet the Magistrates could have banned him from every shop in the Country - simple !

As he lives in Ross have "they" allowed him to use only the Ross Morrisons ? I accept that other than using the Internet he may have to travel to Sports Direct shop OR purchase all his shopping , groceries , clothing etc via the Internet .

By ordering that he only shopped on the Internet the Magistrates could have banned him from every shop in the Country - simple !

I know him. He's from Hereford. Dunno why he's currently in Ross. I suppose he could easily pop up at Morrison's in Hereford or Ross. The article doesn't go into enough detail as to whether it's just one branch of Morrison's.

All pretty irrelevant as he won't stick to a 3 year shop ban. He's just an accident waiting to happen. 

Won't be long until the annoying Xmas ads by ant and deck, ( still no idea which is which ?)  over the tannoy for the lead to Xmas. When they were supposedly struggling I emailed them to advise them to drop these 2 fools and save a fortune. I received the std acknowledgement email but nothing else.  If there is a special deal on whatever why do we need some " celebs" to let us know, are we in their eyes that stupid ??

Won't be long until the annoying Xmas ads by ant and deck, ( still no idea which is which ?)  over the tannoy for the lead to Xmas. When they were supposedly struggling I emailed them to advise them to drop these 2 fools and save a fortune. I received the std acknowledgement email but nothing else.  If there is a special deal on whatever why do we need some " celebs" to let us know, are we in their eyes that stupid ??

I think being ordered to buy your food at Morrison's for 3 years is a disgrace. Buy food at Morrison's or 5 years in jail. 

I like Ant + Dec tho! But their adverts don't alter my shopping habits one jot!  :tongue_32:

As he lives in Ross have "they" allowed him to use only the Ross Morrisons ? 

He breached the ban within a week and a joke sentence was issued for said breach. Plus he is now allowed to potentially give grief to Gwalia store in Ross as he's now allowed in there. I've no idea if they were consulted about that. Probably not. 

HT

• 1 month later...

card-tilt.png

I went to Morrison's earlier in the week and the cashier took my money and the machine issued one of those long yellow tickets that no one really understands. I'm pretty sure anyone who uses that shop on Commercial Road has received one. It told me to use it next time I did a £10 shop. I used it tonight for a one item purchase. 

I used it at the self serve for a sale that needed to be authorised anyway. The item was priced at exactly £10. The fella appeared and he immediately pressed a load of wrong buttons which meant he had to monitor my payment phase. With him scanning the long yellow voucher. 

The final payment screen came up and I was charged £9.99.  :tongue_32:

LOL,  I hate these vouchers, I have got some that says I have saved a penny off my shopping, oh wow. or a voucher to say I have 5p off my shopping the next time I shop because my shopping was more expensive than another shop.;

I am sure a whole forest must be used each month for these vouchers.

i just want to get my shopping and go, I can not even be bothered with these loyalty cards.

I have never got a yellow voucher from Morrisons, but then I only shop there now and again. I do get asked if I got a match and more card what ever that is.

• 5 weeks later...

I hate these vouchers, the ones that offer you x amount of money off your next shop (because they were too expensive today!) They are banking on the fact that ou will forget to bring it next time and usually I do.

Also a waste of paper to be honest, the amount of rubbish I get from some supermarkets now is beyond it. all I want is a receipt to tell me how much I spent. I do not care if my shopping is a penny cheaper than another supermarket and I certainly don't need a bit of people to tell me so.

One day I will be able to go to a supermarket without being nagged about loyalty cards, time to get rid of the things and just keep the prices down.

As for waste, things are getting better. As for parsnip thing, I think it is a load or rubbish as I have seen parsnips in supermarket in all shapes and sizes and why can't the farmer sell them to the public directly?

why can't the farmer sell them to the public directly?

I think they were growing in bulk for Supermarket use. With the knowledge that a percentage of the parsnips would not get past the size/shape test. What got binned was totally edible. That's why parsnips are trending on Twitter .... via the #wastenot hashtag ....  

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Is anyone else bemused by the ongoing refurbishment of this store [Hereford]? Centre aisle removed ~ that ran horizontal to the shop frontage. Kiosk reconfigured to end up at a right angle to the shop frontage. They may have maximised some more selling space. But the shopping experience is through the floor. A total fail in my opinion. 

Give it a couple of weeks and it will be sorted. Mind you I do miss their cakes and nobody can find anything in there quite amusing because every body is asking anybody where is that where is this and so on

The biggest problem is the car park and the people who use it as a hospital car park really winds me up

15 hours ago, Denise Lloyd said:

Give it a couple of weeks and it will be sorted. Mind you I do miss their cakes and nobody can find anything in there quite amusing because every body is asking anybody where is that where is this and so on

The biggest problem is the car park and the people who use it as a hospital car park really winds me up

The car park is always chocca in the daytime. Tumbleweed in the shop aisles tho. The car park is definitely abused. It can only get worse with the 178 bed student block being built opposite. With zero parking space for any of those people.