Spot the difference

ragwert

One is human the other one is robotic

One does not mind who they talk to the other is not a good mixer

I think that is as polite as I can be

Huge problems ahead of Theresa on this I am afraid to say.  Brexit will be a walk in the park compared with this.

Very sad times poor poor people

I really do find it absolutely unbelievable, given her post-Election mock humility, that Mrs May can go to the scene of one of the most horrific London tragedies since the Blitz, and fail to communicate with either survivors or residents. Even her announcement of a Public Inquiry (don't hold your breath folks, it's going to take at least 5 years), was specially recorded for TV news bulletins away from the scene of the tragedy.

Defending the indefensible  Has anyone else read the Tweet of official government lickspittle Sajid Javid (who I believe took his daughter on a jolly to Australia when the future of the Port Talbot steel works hung by a thread last year), explaining why it was that the Supreme Leader was unable to meet survivors of the Grenfell Tower tragedy?

To be honest, I think the media have done a complete u turn and now it seems that Corbyn can do no wrong and even though the PM did everything right and put more money and also immediately ordered a public enquiry, she is still in the firing line. 

Personally, I think a lot of people are seeking "credit" through this tragedy, including the likes of Lilly Allen.

Ragwert it has been pretty obvious and somewhat overwhelming your support for Corbyn of the past few weeks, this is just another example imo. Using this terrible disaster as a vehicle for political gain and credit for me is beyond disgusting! and I agree with Colin's last comments entirely.

Ragwert's headline could of read, Both political leaders visited the scene of this tragedy, I agree that using this as a tool to promote JC is out of order. One spoke with the hero fire crews and the emergency services who risked their own lives etc while the other spoke with families of the victims, either way they should both be commended. It looks like Ragwert is on another point scoring exercise for his political friend, who incidentally still lost the GE.

This is one of the worse fire disasters ever with a huge loss of life, we should all be thinking about these people right now and how to prevent such a disaster happening again.

"The Queen has today paid tribute to the "bravery" of firefighters and emergency service workers "who put their own lives at risk to save others" 

The Prime Minister didn't do anything wrong, both political leaders did the right thing and the PM ordered a public enquiry, no waiting or messing about, she ordered it immediately, so credit where credit is due. She visited and spoke with the unsung heroes here too.

Yesterday, dressed in her best Thursday finery, the Supreme Leader couldn't quite bring herself to actually meet Grenfell Tower victims, preferring instead (advised, no doubt, by her Chief-of-Staff Gavin Barwell, who is already turning out to be an even bigger pillock that Nasty Nick Timothy) for a photo-op with the brave firefighters.

By contrast, on Friday morning HMQ (accompanied by Prince William) went and talked to survivors. I know who I'd rather have running this country!

Ragwert it has been pretty obvious and somewhat overwhelming your support for Corbyn of the past few weeks, this is just another example imo. Using this terrible disaster as a vehicle for political gain and credit for me is beyond disgusting! and I agree with Colin's last comments entirely.

And !!!! I'd rather support Mr Corbyn than that useless incompetent weak excuse for a woman.

I'm sorry splitting hairs doesn't cut it! Councils and Governments playing lip service to people. If I hear the phrase "lessons will be learnt" one more bloody time! Let's not forget years of austerity, cost cutting, corners cut in so many areas of our lives.

At some point this cold outlook our PM portrays was mistaken as a strength. The last few weeks she's made one mistake after another, she's found herself surrounded by people that her government has been hurting for years in some way or the other from the people in the community to NHS employees under funded, under manned. The police where considerable cuts have been made but will now have to be reversed, and even the fire service where cost reviews are underway....it's endless and I'm sorry but we are about to start 5 years of this. Do you think we are going to make it?

I'm sorry splitting hairs doesn't cut it! Councils and Governments playing lip service to people. If I hear the phrase "lessons will be learnt" one more bloody time! Let's not forget years of austerity, cost cutting, corners cut in so many areas of our lives.

At some point this cold outlook our PM portrays was mistaken as a strength. The last few weeks she's made one mistake after another, she's found herself surrounded by people that her government has been hurting for years in some way or the other from the people in the community to NHS employees under funded, under manned. The police where considerable cuts have been made but will now have to be reversed, and even the fire service where cost reviews are underway....it's endless and I'm sorry but we are about to start 5 years of this. Do you think we are going to make it?

Yes GK we will make it it will be a close run thing literally by the skin of our teeth but we will come through.…although we are going to need a real leader & sadly for Mrs May she is not that person…so I think this whole sorry tragedy has the real possibility of bringing her down & a leadership contest will ensue possible followed by a general election?

I am not sure what the PM can do, she cannot do right from wrong, yet Corbyn appears to be okay now, people make me sick tbh they run with the foxes and the hounds.

This was a terrible accident and yes people are looking to lay blame, storming a building is not the answer. The PM has ordered a public enquiry and now I see one poster on FB says that is not good enough it should be an inquest away from the government, she can't win!

She has pledged to house these people within 3 weeks and also allocated £5 Million, this is all very positive but I have friends who house was burnt to the ground in Liverpool back in 2008 and they were unfortunately not insured like a lot of people but nobody paid them any money or gave them a house within 3 weeks. The local council put them into a 1 bed flat with 2 kids, which is where they stayed for almost 2 years.

I notice the PM, Corbyn other polictions and now the Queen and Prince William have all attended, yet they didn't see fit to all attend the Manchester and London Bridge attacks, why is that then? 

To be honest, I think the media have done a complete u turn and now it seems that Corbyn can do no wrong and even though the PM did everything right and put more money and also immediately ordered a public enquiry, she is still in the firing line. 

Personally, I think a lot of people are seeking "credit" through this tragedy, including the likes of Lilly Allen.

Lilly Allen is a total idiot and constantly makes herself look a complete fool, particularly on twitter. She should stick to singing and I do not think she was much cop at that either.

I am not sure what the PM can do, she cannot do right from wrong, yet Corbyn appears to be okay now, people make me sick tbh they run with the foxes and the hounds.

This was a terrible accident and yes people are looking to lay blame, storming a building is not the answer. The PM has ordered a public enquiry and now I see one poster on FB says that is not good enough it should be an inquest away from the government, she can't win!

She has pledged to house these people within 3 weeks and also allocated £5 Million, this is all very positive but I have friends who house was burnt to the ground in Liverpool back in 2008 and they were unfortunately not insured like a lot of people but nobody paid them any money or gave them a house within 3 weeks. The local council put them into a 1 bed flat with 2 kids, which is where they stayed for almost 2 years.

I notice the PM, Corbyn other polictions and now the Queen and Prince William have all attended, yet they didn't see fit to all attend the Manchester and London Bridge attacks, why is that then? 

Theresa May is still finding her feet, she has in fairness been dogged over the past 2 months with 2 terrorist attacks (which definitely played a part in the GE) and now this tragedy. She ordered a public enquiry and has been down visiting the area for two days in a row, speaking with both the emergency services and the victims today. The government have made £5Million pounds available to help these people. There are people angry because nobody is giving them the total death toll etc but come on, they cannot right now, it is virtually impossible until they can get into the building a start removing people's remains, then they have the very difficult task of trying to identify the victims. I can understand that people are upset and angry but I am sure everything is being done as fast as possible. The Queen and Prince William and Jeremy Corbyn have all shown their support. This is without doubt a horrific incident but shouting at the PM and other officials is unfair in my view, lets get all the facts before people start pointing fingers.

Ragwert's headline could of read, Both political leaders visited the scene of this tragedy, I agree that using this as a tool to promote JC is out of order. One spoke with the hero fire crews and the emergency services who risked their own lives etc while the other spoke with families of the victims, either way they should both be commended. It looks like Ragwert is on another point scoring exercise for his political friend, who incidentally still lost the GE.

This is one of the worse fire disasters ever with a huge loss of life, we should all be thinking about these people right now and how to prevent such a disaster happening again.

I agree that using this incident as a platform for political gain and brownie points is a recipe is quite frankly, out of order and pretty sick

Theresa May is still finding her feet, she has in fairness been dogged over the past 2 months with 2 terrorist attacks (which definitely played a part in the GE) and now this tragedy. She ordered a public enquiry and has been down visiting the area for two days in a row, speaking with both the emergency services and the victims today. The government have made £5Million pounds available to help these people. There are people angry because nobody is giving them the total death toll etc but come on, they cannot right now, it is virtually impossible until they can get into the building a start removing people's remains, then they have the very difficult task of trying to identify the victims. I can understand that people are upset and angry but I am sure everything is being done as fast as possible. The Queen and Prince William and Jeremy Corbyn have all shown their support. This is without doubt a horrific incident but shouting at the PM and other officials is unfair in my view, lets get all the facts before people start pointing fingers.

The reason this is happening is because of the inability to communicate, failing to grasp the reality and even if you struggle personally ...applying a little humility.

Mrs May or whoever the next PM will be is going to get a shed load more of this whether that be by way of terrorist incidents, conflict with superpower heads of state,Brexit, people venting their frustrations on the streets, lack of homes, wage deficiencies etc.

If you can't cut it then you need to go. She like David Cameron made judgement calls because they thought they understood the people and were confident of their mandate...they both failed or are failing to sell their product and we all have a lot at stake here.

Note to site...unless I'm mistaken the idea of this site is to freely express many views not just condemn some of those perhaps speak out of turn. If this doesn't happen you will just have a site with a couple of regular contributors and a few others just nodding with approval.

This tragedy was preventable the residents had voiced their concerns over the safety of the building & works for sometimes but these had fallen on deaf ears with the local council not doing anything to address the issues or safety concerns raised by the people living in Grenfell tower (sound familiar).

The real issue is the way in which local authorities act they are a law unto themselves doing what they think is best not listening to locals but rather to some highly paid suits who never take into account the concerns of those people who lives they are ultimately effecting also the greedy contractors putting profit above welfare.

So people are going to vent there anger at the PM because she is at the top of the tree also the fact that she did not engage with the residents after the tragedy which was a PR disaster on her behalf. As that just comes across to those effected that they are being overlooked again by the powers that be.

This tragedy was preventable the residents had voiced their concerns over the safety of the building & works for sometimes but these had fallen on deaf ears with the local council not doing anything to address the issues or safety concerns raised by the people living in Grenfell tower (sound familiar).

The real issue is the way in which local authorities act they are a law unto themselves doing what they think is best not listening to locals but rather to some highly paid suits who never take into account the concerns of those people who lives they are ultimately effecting also the greedy contractors putting profit above welfare.

So people are going to vent there anger at the PM because she is at the top of the tree also the fact that she did not engage with the residents after the tragedy which was a PR disaster on her behalf. As that just comes across to those effected that they are being overlooked again by the powers that be.

Correct...Cambo

There is no doubt that some have jumped on this as an opportunity.

Sadly it will come to pass that there were also people in that building who possibly were not known to the authorities for whatever reason therefore they will never get any recognition and irrespective of your feelings on immigration is a very sad thing.

What Mrs May needs right now is a good few spin doctors after all it worked for Blair whether you liked them or not.

The PM actually visited some of the victims again yesterday, she clearly realised that as well as talking to the emergency services on her first visit she should of also spoke with the victims, it is never too late and she tried to address this yesterday and got slated for it, she cannot win. Personally, I like the woman, she is still learning but to be fair she is also recognising her own faults, I hope she remains in power and becomes a really great prime minister, just changing the leader may tick a few boxes for some people but it is not really the answer, learning from you mistakes and addressing them is all good positive stuff in my view.

The PM actually visited some of the victims again yesterday, she clearly realised that as well as talking to the emergency services on her first visit she should of also spoke with the victims, it is never too late and she tried to address this yesterday and got slated for it, she cannot win. Personally, I like the woman, she is still learning but to be fair she is also recognising her own faults, I hope she remains in power and becomes a really great prime minister, just changing the leader may tick a few boxes for some people but it is not really the answer, learning from you mistakes and addressing them is all good positive stuff in my view.

This is also true but she was in charge of the home office for a very long time. The country can't face or stomach another election but somehow we must try and regain the middle ground rather than have extremely left or right polarized views. Better diplomacy can be achieved there and better co-existence. We all have to give a little otherwise it's a dark road.

This is also true but she was in charge of the home office for a very long time. The country can't face or stomach another election but somehow we must try and regain the middle ground rather than have extremely left or right polarized views. Better diplomacy can be achieved there and better co-existence. We all have to give a little otherwise it's a dark road.

I agree. 

• 2 weeks later...

The reason this is happening is because of the inability to communicate, failing to grasp the reality and even if you struggle personally ...applying a little humility.

Mrs May or whoever the next PM will be is going to get a shed load more of this whether that be by way of terrorist incidents, conflict with superpower heads of state,Brexit, people venting their frustrations on the streets, lack of homes, wage deficiencies etc.

If you can't cut it then you need to go. She like David Cameron made judgement calls because they thought they understood the people and were confident of their mandate...they both failed or are failing to sell their product and we all have a lot at stake here.

Note to site...unless I'm mistaken the idea of this site is to freely express many views not just condemn some of those perhaps speak out of turn. If this doesn't happen you will just have a site with a couple of regular contributors and a few others just nodding with approval.

It happens now

Victims from the Grenfell Tower disaster have met with Theresa May in Downing Street.

This was Prime Minister's second meeting with those affected by Wednesday morning's fire, which was described as "unprecedented" by London's Fire Brigade Commissioner.

Yep,the first never went to well did it.

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-06-16/pm-labelled-coward-as-she-leaves-meeting-with-grenfell-tower-fire-victims/