Prevent Donald Trump's State Visit - Petition

Denise Lloyd

I agree with some of the things he is implementing and I can see where he is coming from to a degree but he appears like he is going at it like a bull in a china shop. This is only a temporary 90 travel ban, some anti Trump media outlets have hyped this up into something it is not. 

I will not be signing the petition at this point as I think preventing him coming to the UK on a state visit now he has been invited is likely to cause more damage than good and right now we need the US for trade agreements, we need to look at the bigger picture.

Petition is worded all wrong in my view.

Prevent Donald Trump from making a State Visit to the United Kingdom.

Donald Trump should be allowed to enter the UK in his capacity as head of the US Government, but he should not be invited to make an official State Visit because it would cause embarrassment to Her Majesty the Queen.

More details
Donald Trump's well documented misogyny and vulgarity disqualifies him from being received by Her Majesty the Queen or the Prince of Wales. Therefore during the term of his presidency Donald Trump should not be invited to the United Kingdom for an official State Visit.

He has already been officially invited...

I totally agree with him with regards to protecting the US and I blame Angela Merkel for causing all the troubles in Europe, he has already mentioned the mess of Europe with migrants and this was obviously partly what has led him to ban muslims in imo, whether we like it or not. As Teresa May stated, what they do with their borders is their business and what we do with our borders is ours 

Sorry to disagree with everyone's comments but I have signed the petition , Donald Trump is dangerous!!! What I read in the press today he is not popular with the Royal family.

So how does not being popular with the royal family make him dangerous? 

Well if were going to start a protest you best read this...

post-915-0-80042200-1485756171.jpg

So what is the difference here then?

There has been global outrage over the President's executive order to temporarily ban refugees and citizens from seven mainly-Muslim countries from coming to the US.

The "extreme vetting" measure means no visas are being issued for 90 days to migrants or visitors from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen. 

In a statement, the Foreign Office said:

:: The ban only applies to individuals travelling from one of the seven countries - Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen

:: Travellers to the US from anywhere other than one of those countries will experience no extra checks regardless of nationality or place of birth

:: UK nationals travelling from one of the seven countries are not included in the ban, even if they were born in one of the countries

:: Dual citizens from one of the seven countries travelling to the US from outside those countries are not affected

:: Dual nationals might experience extra checks if they travel directly from one of the seven nations.
:: REFUGEES

All refugees are barred from entering the US, regardless of nationality, for 120 days. The exception is Syrian refugees, with Mr Trump describing their entry as "detrimental to the interests of the United States" (see below).

The last time the US refugee programme was frozen was a three-month period after the 11 September attacks almost 16 years ago.

After that, the US will admit a maximum of 50,000 refugees this year - less than half of the 110,000 limit set by previous president Barack Obama.

:: SYRIANS

All Syrians are banned from entering the US indefinitely. This includes refugees from its civil war, which has forced 4.8 million people to flee the country since 2011, according to the UN.

:: IRAQ, IRAN, SOMALIA, LIBYA, SUDAN, YEMEN

No visas will be issued to migrants or visitors from these countries for 90 days.

:: PEOPLE WITH DUAL NATIONALITY

The details here are still complex but US officials have said US citizens who also have a passport from one of the barred countries are not affected.

The British Foreign Office has said that British citizens are exempt but those travelling direct from one of the banned countries can expect additional checks.

Those holding Canadian passports are also unaffected.

But people who hold passports from one of the seven countries and a different country will be affected.

:: GREEN CARD HOLDERS

After some initial confusion, the order has been confirmed as not affecting those who hold a US green card and Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly has said the entry of these "lawful permanent residents" is "in the national interest".

But White House chief of staff Reince Priebus has said those from the seven countries will be subject to tougher checks.

:: PEOPLE WITH VISAS

Those from the seven countries mentioned earlier are affected here, except for those with diplomatic visas or visas to international institutions such as the UN or NATO.

Trump has said what a lot of people agree with. Maybe not in a Diplomatic way, but from his heart.  He is no fool. Someone has to take a stand against Terrorism and he has set the ball rolling. Horrific incidents in Belgium, Germany and France recently - all due to the Schengen agreement allowing free passage. Trump is only tightening his borders similar to what we want here in the UK.

Trump is a fool.He's taking the US people for a ride and making fools out of all of them.
However you look at it his Muslim ban is dangerous and most of his plans are pretty useless.
Take the wall for instance,he's building it to keep the Mexicans out when most come in legally and overstay.
Obama kicked out more illegal immigrants than any other US president ever has (3.2 million)
His get America working again by building two steel pipelines,one which is half finished already is being built for his billionaire buddies.

and what will happen to all them steel workers and pipe laying gangs when the pipeline is complete,yep back on welfare handouts.
When you see that on average 25 people are killed by toddlers who have got hold of a gun every single year or the 36,0000 people

killed on average every year by gun use,you know something ain't quite right with the American people

Trump has said what a lot of people agree with. Maybe not in a Diplomatic way, but from his heart.  He is no fool. Someone has to take a stand against Terrorism and he has set the ball rolling. Horrific incidents in Belgium, Germany and France recently - all due to the Schengen agreement allowing free passage. Trump is only tightening his borders similar to what we want here in the UK.

all due to the Schengen agreement allowing free passage...All...Really? I think you need to do a little more research.

Sadly 'D' I won't be signing the petition. Like Colin, I wouldn't want anything to disrupt any trade agreement with the States. My view is successive British governments have cozied up to far worse regimes in the past. The yanks have elected their President, it's their Country, their democratic system, their borders and we are in no position to impose ourselves and our hypocritical false indignation upon them.

Whilst I think the decision is harsh and bound to fail, it's one which the people of the States want and that's all that matters. Logically, if you think about it, whilst several Islamic nations have been targeted by the President to disrupt travel, it would be very easy for him to justify looking at nations who supply Islamic fighters, namely us and many other European countries.

My warmest regards.

Sadly 'D' I won't be signing the petition. Like Colin, I wouldn't want anything to disrupt any trade agreement with the States. My view is successive British governments have cozied up to far worse regimes in the past. The yanks have elected their President, it's their Country, their democratic system, their borders and we are in no position to impose ourselves and our hypocritical false indignation upon them.

Whilst I think the decision is harsh and bound to fail, it's one which the people of the States want and that's all that matters. Logically, if you think about it, whilst several Islamic nations have been targeted by the President to disrupt travel, it would be very easy for him to justify looking at nations who supply Islamic fighters, namely us and many other European countries.

My warmest regards.

I don't think the trade between our two Countries would change one bit,Donald or no Donald.We import around 45 Billion from The USA.

The petition won't make an ounce of difference anyway.Me I'm just going to do what most people are doing,sitting back

& wait for Trump to self destruct.

Anyone wishing to sign this petition that

Donald Trump should be invited to make an official State Visit because he is the leader of a free world and U.K. is a country that supports free speech and does not believe that people that appose our point of view should be gagged.