Fryers Gate Vandalism (Reward Offered)

Roger

From HT

Reward is £100

Bit of a joke reward really. But the damage was minimal. It wasn't like it was Beirut. 

Cops have closed the moan down No lines of inquiry apparently! Other than the tagging style. Why don't they just say that hey have no time or staff to look into this low level stuff? Cop precept charge has just gone up by the way! 

Yes, I was very disappointed to see Fryers - think fish fryers. The site is near the Franciscan Friary, founded by Sir William Pembrugge about 1228. Hence the various streets referencing Friars*. To be fair, on the 1757 Taylor map it shows the area as the ‘Scite of Black Fryers’ but perhaps their spelling wasn't up to scratch. I blame the Council - they have to approve any development naming.

*Turning into Friars Street off Barton Road, the street name on the left says Friar, the one on the right says Friars - as there must have been more than one friar, my money is on the right hand sign. I blame the Council for messing it up. Again. 

Yes, I was very disappointed to see Fryers - think fish fryers. The site is near the Franciscan Friary, founded by Sir William Pembrugge about 1228. Hence the various streets referencing Friars*. To be fair, on the 1757 Taylor map it shows the area as the ‘Scite of Black Fryers’ but perhaps their spelling wasn't up to scratch. I blame the Council - they have to approve any development naming.

*Turning into Friars Street off Barton Road, the street name on the left says Friar, the one on the right says Friars - as there must have been more than one friar, my money is on the right hand sign. I blame the Council for messing it up. Again. 

The more I say fryers gate the more stupid it sounds.

They are going to get tourists looking for a chippy

• 9 months later...

I see Paul Tobin has made headlines in the Hereford Times 

Totally separate topic guy's. I have to point this out because it is confusing when searching Google. 

I am more than happy for you to create a separate topic and feel free to mention or link to this topic but this topic is about vandalism...