New Hereford Wards?

H.Wilson

• 1 year later...

Which are the actual wards for the city and which ward does Belmont belong?

Belmont sits in 'Hinton and Hunderton' I trust this is all correct, I'm sure a member will correct me if I am wrong. 

1. Aylestone Hill
  2. Belmont Rural
  3. Bobblestock
  4. Central
  5. College
  6. Eign Hill
  7. Greyfriars
  8. Hinton and Hunderton
  9. Kings Acre
  10. Newton Farm
  11. Racecourse
  12. Redhill
  13. Saxon Gate
  14. Tupsley
  15. Victoria Park
  16. Whitecross
  17. Widemarsh
I need to update the various forums into the new wards really, so will try and do that this week.

Colin, you are in Belmont Rural Ward.  As Glenda stated it isn't party of the City Council but is a ward in its own right.   Belmont Rural Parish Council is the Parish Council responsible for our area and I am the ward County Councillor, for Belmont Rural.

Hope that helps.

And I have checked on the City Council website, they have these wards listed under the "City",

Bobblestock

Aylestone Hill

Central

College

Eign Hill

Greyfriars

Hinton and Hunderton

Kings Acre

Newton Farm

Racecourse

Redhill

Saxon Gate

Tupsley

Victoria Park

Whitecross

Widemarsh

And I have checked on the City Council website, they have these wards listed under the "City",

Bobblestock

Aylestone Hill

Central

College

Eign Hill

Greyfriars

Hinton and Hunderton

Kings Acre

Newton Farm

Racecourse

Redhill

Saxon Gate

Tupsley

Victoria Park

Whitecross

Widemarsh

Belmont does not fall within the "City" then?

Colin, now I am confused  as Tracy says it is Belmont Rural, and Hunderton & Hinton ward. When the ward boundary commission changed the boundaries the initial naming was for example Belmont, Newton Farm and Hunderton & St Martins, which use to be the old Belmont ward. They obviously have changed again.

How many wards are there within the city limits? Colin has listed 16 wards but I cannot see Aylestone Hill. I also notice that Mostyn St and Plough Lane do not come under Whitecross, this is very confusing.

Frank it is worse, Whittern Way and Seaton Avenue are no longer in Tupsley they fall under Aylestone Hill, not sure how to list the forums now as it is all over the place.

Okay, I have added a few forums basically so that I was able to cover all the city wards. Have a look at all of the forums HERE.

The Racecourse ward is ridiculous! Not even worth being in a category of it's own in my opinion as it only appears to cover The Starting Gate and a few streets surrounding but only as far as Ingram Avenue? What's that all about? Anyway, I created a forum simply called The Starting Gate, I can change that to something more appropriate at a later date but open to all suggestions.

It depends whether you want to base the list on the Herefordshire Council Wards or the City Council Parish Wards.

The Racecourse Ward only relates to the City

I would go by the County Council list as they are to my mind more relevant. After all the City Council has little powers as effectively a Parish Council.

The County Council ward boundaries are clear on the Parish and Ward Maps webpage on the Herefordshire Council Website. Sorry can't do the link

It depends whether you want to base the list on the Herefordshire Council Wards or the City Council Parish Wards.

I would go by the County Council list as they are to my mind more relevant. After all the City Council has little powers as effectively a Parish Council.

The County Council ward boundaries are clear on the Parish and Ward Maps webpage on the Herefordshire Council Website. Sorry can't do the link

How many County Wards are there a lot more I am guessing. I am surprised at just how confusing this is

Good point, it might be a lot easier if I select the main County Wards:

Hereford County Wards

1. Aylestone Hill 
  2. Belmont Rural
  3. Bobblestock
  4. Central
  5. College
  6. Eign Hill
  7. Greyfriars
  8. Hinton and Hunderton
  9. Holmer
  10. Kingsacre
  11. Newton Farm
  12. Red Hill
  13. Saxon Gate
  14. Tupsley
  15. Whitecross
  16. Widemarsh

Racecourse will fall under Bobblestock and Victoria Park will fall under Holmer.