WirralPC Has Left The Building...

Colin James

Hmmm, well where do I start...

I think I am a fair administrator and I try not to edit or remove posts where possible. Recently however, I have received a number of complaints about a few topics but more about the level of abuse received from various members who have disagreed with WirralPC. You can see a lot of this in this topic

I posted this topic about Gary Barlow's visit to St Michael's Hospice, but WirralPC has thrown a negative on what should of been a lovely gesture/topic. I received an email within minutes and I responded with a polite warning, that's when the fun began...I have now been subjected to his abuse myself, I was quite taken back and I have no words.

WirralPC.png

I never did appreciate his views, I felt he bullied members himself with his abuse, if you did not agree with him, can't be doing with people like that, everyone is entitled to have their opinion without having to be subjected to a whole load of abuse. 

There was a lot of good in some of his posts but I did not like they way he often conducts himself if people have a difference view, I noticed this a few times, but I do think he had a certain amount of negativity about him and a lot of it was nothing to do with Hereford. So have you banned him?

Lads, I'm posting this now because in four hours time I won't be physically and mentally capable of withstanding the latest attack from my wife when she opens the door, howls, 'I see you've pis.sed your pants again fatso. In you get, stand still and ready yourself for this here frying pan'.

What can I say......firstly, is lovely Gary a cutie with a big heart, a lot of talent, a committed supporter of the Conservative Party and someone who ain't been paying his taxes. And the answer is, 'yes'. He is a lad who, through cunning and guile, has used his wealth to keep his money and avoid handing it over to support those less fortunate than him. It's true!

There's nothing that Paul has said that requires a lot of hurt feelings and a reaction that is disproportionate to the actual sin which is simply pouring a little tepid water on a warm story that is a lovely story and one which I'm glad about.

Me? I wouldn't have created that post that's got you all so agitated but Paul did and this is the way he sees the world. And I see the World in pretty much the same way. It's just that I sit on me bloody hands, do next to nothing about it and follow Cardin as he battles away trying to make things for a lot of poor and weak people a great deal better.

I'd say that my dear and good friends who've reacted to Paul in this way simply don't grasp the nature of the lad, understand his writing style and the way he really is. He's a lovely lad, extremely dogged in his approach and once he gets his teeth into something he won't let go. And that's Paul. It's not a knotty conundrum. He is a straightforward character who communicates himself in a quick fire manner that can often be viewed as being terse.

As I've said on another topic, there is a huge cultural difference between them up there and us down here and up bloody there it's perfectly normal to communicate in this blunt and straightforward manner. Course all of this is now a pointless piece of writing.

The mighty Cardin has gone and collectively we are all the poorer for it.

But it does not matter who you support, whether it be tory, labour or even the bnp, that does not entitle someone to throw a barrage of abuse and start name calling because their political preferences are different to yours does it?  He has some very valid points but spoils it by trying to influence others with his views, I found him often intimidating if I am honest, which is a shame.

Couldn't ever understand why he spent so much time here - perhaps he's banned in the Wirral? It's Hereford Voice - we can't deal with all the ills in the world, Hereford is challenging enough. Having been subjected to his extreme abuse, I blocked his posts so I didn't have to see them, but that doesn't make it right. If you have banned him then that is absolutely the right thing to have done. :Thumbs-Up: Sorry bobby47, but I am certainly no poorer for it.

Couldn't ever understand why he spent so much time here - perhaps he's banned in the Wirral? It's Hereford Voice - we can't deal with all the ills in the world, Hereford is challenging enough. Having been subjected to his extreme abuse, I blocked his posts so I didn't have to see them, but that doesn't make it right. If you have banned him then that is absolutely the right thing to have done. :Thumbs-Up: Sorry bobby47, but I am certainly no poorer for it.

Ditto, I blocked his rants sometime back. I find it ironic that these people spend all their time online moaning about this and moaning about that, he is clearly anti tory too, get a job!!! He complains about Gary Barlow avoiding his taxes (which is factually incorrect) yet they don't pay taxes themselves, on the contrary, they take from the system instead. Lets get back to talking about Herefordshire, personally, I will not miss him.

Well. I'm honestly disappointed that Paul has gone.

I know he has trodden on toes. I know some members feel he has overstepped the mark. As a person who always tries to advocate good manners, I'm not condoning rudeness....

BUT.

This is a man who delves into subject matter which few folks are willing to do. And this is a messy business. One, which doesn't always sit comfortably with sanitised, sunny responses.

Paul moves in this world, day in and day out.

I hope no member on this site thinks that Hereford is a place where nothing untoward ever happens...... because you would be very wrong. These things do happen.

I guess perhaps we have to ask ourselves, is there a line in the sand?? Are some subjects off limits because we actually don't want to discuss them? We don't want to hear the detail?

If the answer is yes, then maybe we should just stick with refuse collection and grass cutting schedules.

Much less contentious.

Much more comfortable all round.

Funny how they can insinuate that people and celebs apparently are not paying taxes, yet these people are usually the people who claim all the benefits themselves, people in glass houses. No real loss here I feel.

Afternoon Alex!

A quick question.

Who are "They" that you refer to??

Hi M Preece, could you clarify for me.....

"Moaning about this and groaning about that."

Would this be Bullying? Abuse? Organised grooming gangs??

I don't believe I've ever noticed a contribution from you on any of the threads covering these subjects, so I'm unaware on your thoughts.

Perhaps you don't feel that bullying, abuse etc. are worthy of a "moan"?

I am interested to hear your opinion!

Afternoon Alex!

A quick question.

Good afternoon dippy, I was referring to WirralPC and Phil Smart, sorry I thought that was obvious but I can see now it needed clarifying. I am assuming that WirralPC does not work because he is always online ranting, and if I am wrong about that I apologise now.

Thanks for your response, Alex.

And yes, Paul does work.

(Extremely hard!)

So your apology is appreciated!

No problem. If I am totally honest here, I thought a lot of what he said had substance (although sometimes nothing to do with Hereford) but his abusive attacks on other members, is unecessary  I feel these verbal attacks are also a form of bullying, which is ironic as that was one of the issues he had highlighted. Just my two pence worth.

Afternoon Alex!

A quick question.

Hi M Preece, could you clarify for me.....

"Moaning about this and groaning about that."

Would this be Bullying? Abuse? Organised grooming gangs??

I don't believe I've ever noticed a contribution from you on any of the threads covering these subjects, so I'm unaware on your thoughts.

Perhaps you don't feel that bullying, abuse etc. are worthy of a "moan"?

I am interested to hear your opinion!

Hello dippyhippy, I agree with Alex statement above, I am in full agreement over the bullying of disabled people 100% thread but I do not agree with his constant moans about the tory government and anyone who he even thinks is tory is then subjected to a hale of crap, sorry, he lost a lot of credibility with me once that started. Just because members choose to not always interact it does not mean that they are not following what is being said. I often refrain from commenting, especially if its something out of my depth or something i do not fully understand. I hope this clarifies my position. I am sure his heart is a good one but the abuse I cannot tolerate. Even when he was given a warning (which was overdue in my opinion) he then goes on Twitter complaining and criticising the site editor, he basically threw his rattle out of the pram, these actions are someone immature for a grown man.

Hi Alex, thanks for responding!

It's subjective isn't it??

And I guess we need to get a little perspective.......

1.A few posts, perhaps with hastily chosen and terse/harsh words.....

2.A life ruined. A career wrecked. A reputation ...gone.

Do we compare the two, in the same terms??

I wouldn't. But that's just my opinion.

Hi Alex, thanks for responding!

It's subjective isn't it??

And I guess we need to get a little perspective.......

1.A few posts, perhaps with hastily chosen and terse/harsh words.....

2.A life ruined. A career wrecked. A reputation ...gone.

Do we compare the two, in the same terms??

I wouldn't. But that's just my opinion.

dippy you have a valid point and you also have an admirer in me. WiiralPC has done himself no favours slamming and abusing Colin for, as many would agree, an overdue polite warning, he has also taken to twitter about it and also recruited Phil Smart, What is that all about? I think HV has been fair to allow his topics even though some were not Hereford related, I also see that Colin has allowed him to express himself but drawn the line today and immediately WiiralPC goes from friend to foe with regard to HV.  

Afternoon M.Preece.

I do appreciate your response. I absolutely understand where you're coming from, when you say you refrain from commenting if you feel a topic is out of your depth..... however, what happens with the Tory Government, is going to effect us all.

If your disabled, vulnerable, poor..... it's going to effect you badly.

There will hopefully come a time in this country, when ordinary folk - like you and me - stand up, and say enough is enough!

Paul has been doing precisely this for a long time.

He realised long ago, what many are only just beginning to realise. 

Afternoon again, Alex.

Firstly, thank you for the kind words.... always appreciated.

Secondly, I'm not in the Facebook or Twitter gang, so am not following any responses.

Thirdly, I feel Colin is an excellent moderator. You'll not hear a bad word about him from me.

And finally.... and perhaps this will rub folks up the wrong way..... on balance, even though toes have been trodden on, feelings hurt and harsh exchanges have taken place.... I still feel that we have shot ourselves in the foot.

I can forgive the odd outburst, because what this man has done, and is doing...... is in a different league to the rest of us.

Paul..... if you should be reading this... thank you.

Afternoon again, Alex.

Firstly, thank you for the kind words.... always appreciated.

Secondly, I'm not in the Facebook or Twitter gang, so am not following any responses.

Thirdly, I feel Colin is an excellent moderator. You'll not hear a bad word about him from me.

And finally.... and perhaps this will rub folks up the wrong way..... on balance, even though toes have been trodden on, feelings hurt and harsh exchanges have taken place.... I still feel that we have shot ourselves in the foot.

I can forgive the odd outburst, because what this man has done, and is doing...... is in a different league to the rest of us.

Paul..... if you should be reading this... thank you.

Hi dippy, thank you for your kind words and the feelings are mutual.  :Winky:

I would just like to say, that this morning when I issued the warning (following several complaints that I had received and this was not the first time) that was all it was, that said, I had not banned him, but I was taken back a bit by his hale of abuse that followed, now, anyone who knows me will know that I have worked on the doors and within the security industry for over 16 years, so this is just water off a ducks back to me, BUT! He then follows this up with unfair comments, in my view on Twitter. What I will not tolerate is disruptive members, we are ALL entitled to our personal view point and voting preferences but equally we should have to put up with verbal insults, particularly from a member who highlights bullies in his topics! 

Hi Colin!

Thanks for the info. I'm hopeful that perhaps things will simmer down?

Perhaps if folks who disagree/don't like a thread or posting style; avoid/ignore it? And - as it works both ways -  if Paul perhaps moderates his responses to comments he disagrees with..... then maybe harmony could be restored???

It may never happen of course.

But I'm eternally optimistic, on my sunny side of the street.......!

And I'd love for Mr Cardin to return..... and keep ruffling those feathers of the turkeys who roost at Plough Lane!

(Now you've confirmed he's not banned, I'm a little more optimistic than I was an hour ago!)

Hi Colin!

Thanks for the info. I'm hopeful that perhaps things will simmer down?

Perhaps if folks who disagree/don't like a thread or posting style; avoid/ignore it? And - as it works both ways -  if Paul perhaps moderates his responses to comments he disagrees with..... then maybe harmony could be restored???

It may never happen of course.

But I'm eternally optimistic, on my sunny side of the street.......!

And I'd love for Mr Cardin to return..... and keep ruffling those feathers of the turkeys who roost at Plough Lane!

(Now you've confirmed he's not banned, I'm a little more optimistic than I was an hour ago!)

I'm afraid I have to disagree on your one point there Dippy.  Just because you disagree with or don't like a post, you shouldn't avoid or ignore it.  If it makes you feel strongly enough and you feel the need to respond to it, then so you should.

What shouldn't then happen though, is a slow downward spiral of accusations, counter accusations, name calling etc.

Your correct, Clarkester.

The whole point of a forum is debate..... and of course, that means differing views!

I was making the point, perhaps badly, that as some members have said they have little interest in issues outside of Hereford, perhaps avoiding them would be a good idea??

I should have worded that better!

In fact re reading this post,  I still don't think I've really got across what I wanted..... Perhaps a coffee and a roll up will help....!

(On the positive side.....I seem to have posted a lot on this thread! If you're only pulling me up on one point, I see that as a very good thing my friend!!)