Freedom Church Back In The News.

dippyhippy

No they are not all gullible AV but you can bet that FC will identify the ones who are & then target them?

I also think It will be the younger members who will be task with enticing the students into FC fold

Sometimes it's not necessarily a case of guillibility. Cults like the Freedom Church are good at finding people's weak spots or approaching them at a time in their life when they are vulnerable. I remember reading somewhere that a lot of people who join cults are of above average intelligence but have been drawn in by organisations that are sophisticated in using psychology. I believe we've already discussed FC's use of profiling - that would be a prime example I'd say.

Sometimes it's not necessarily a case of guillibility. Cults like the Freedom Church are good at finding people's weak spots or approaching them at a time in their life when they are vulnerable. I remember reading somewhere that a lot of people who join cults are of above average intelligence but have been drawn in by organisations that are sophisticated in using psychology. I believe we've already discussed FC's use of profiling - that would be a prime example I'd say.

If they can win over the support of the ex Head of Looked After Children for Herefordshire and the current Wormside Hereford Councillor then I'm pretty sure they might have the techniques at their disposal to turn the heads of a few disillusioned or vulnerable young people. 

Channel 5 tonight at various times.

Trapped in a Cult?
The stories of people in the UK whose lives have been turned upside down by organisations suspected of being cults. They include Barbara Weed whose teenage son Tom disappeared out of the blue to join a philosophical group six years ago - cutting all ties with his family in the process - and a woman who followed a self-styled guru around Europe and the USA in the 1990s. It was only later that she discovered he was using his charms and claims of mystical healing powers to manipulate his female disciples both sexually and financially.

An interesting programme.

Impressionable youngsters, being convinced that their parents are against them.

Post 17 page 1 of this thread.

Gary Snowzell advises youngsters not to speak to their parents about issues/problems they may have.......

Even more interesting, over at Heckler, a poster is following Pete Boggs suggestion, and sending links about FC to Private Eye's Rotten Boroughs  ......

I see we also have a new HV member, currently being validated, BBC Journo....

Is this story about to be heard by a much wider audience??? Watch this space, folks!

Having watch the drama Dalziel and Pascoe  last night about a cult on TV  it is easy to see how vulnerable people can get drawn into a cult, but at the same time it is frightening the influence they have over people in the guise of friendship and love.    I see the commentsin HT on this story has reached 103 this morning.

I have a hypothetical question for anybody who is able to answer it.  Should Herefordshire Council  award a healthcare/social care package to Freedom Church.

Do employees and Councillors have to declare any membership or interest in Freedom Church? Or is it like the Masons a non-declarable interest?

I've just read a comment left on HT's recent FC news article

Which alludes to a rumour about the Conservative party in herefordshire & there connection with FC?

Before the last election the local Conservative party where having trouble finding new candidates to stand in the local election only 2 people wanted to represent them?…so a now former con councillor approached his friends down at FC who duly got 10 of there members to stepped forward to stand for the conservative in Herefordshire?!?!

The former Tory councillor in question was not standing because he has bigger ambition due to the fact he was standing as a perspective Tory MP elsewhere!

I wonder if this is all going to quietly disappear or whether it is going to end up with an investigation.  I can't see that it will go quietly away now that vast sums of money are evidently coming in from the USA.  Whichever way you look at it is indeed an unholy mess.  Once again are the Council partly to blame for a lot of it?

It seems that there is no end to FC talents & ambitions as they have moved into the music industry & will be releasing there unchartered album soon…in a record shop near you,also could be available on iTunes?…all proceeds to FC fund?!.....I wonder what's next for this talented bunch?…Xfactor or Britain's got talent?

post-991-0-27355900-1440522561_thumb.jpg

I am quite sure it will be a must have and well timed for the Christmas present wish list.

Did anybody watch the Scientology and Jehovah Witness programme last night?  I always thought Jehovahs were a bit deep but ok.  Just goes to show you only need one or two bad un's for things to go all wrong.  

Even Fc can't be likened to Scientology. If the lady is to be believed they are something else and Tom Cruise is such a nice man just goes to show. 

Ok so here we are it's 11.30 Tuesday night and I'm on my jacksey as a member with twenty or so guests! So keen to see what the guests are reading and Bob's your Uncle we have 5 just looking through the FC thread. How many topics are available on this site?

Ok so here we are it's 11.30 Tuesday night and I'm on my jacksey as a member with twenty or so guests! So keen to see what the guests are reading and Bob's your Uncle we have 5 just looking through the FC thread. How many topics are available on this site?

FC people? You will also have Police analysts and Council trawling constantly. Either Officially or just out of curiosity. 

It seems that there is no end to FC talents & ambitions as they have moved into the music industry & will be releasing there unchartered album soon…in a record shop near you,also could be available on iTunes?…all proceeds to FC fund?!.....I wonder what's next for this talented bunch?…Xfactor or Britain's got talent?

More like the remainder bin. Christian rock is quite a niche genre. Besides...the Devil has all the best tunes.

Yes agreed Roger but we have a huge diverse topic mix and as soon as it was visible that I was looking at the guest list all FC readers disappeared leaving just me Google and 14 others. Just found this intriguing.

Well GK if FC members are reading this thread maybe they should read this before being tricked into parting with anymore of there cash?

http://pimppreacher.com/post/85465755530/five-lies-that-tricked-you-into-paying-tithes-lie

And as Luke Havard so very rightly says 

"There's money in ANY industry when you know how to position your expertise & the value you provide.

I see Perry Noble (New Spring Church) has endorsed Karin's book I wonder if she will use the same selling tactics that Perry did on his book Unleash

"http://www.patheos.c...market-unleash/

And so here it is! Karin Cooke's much awaited first book, now entitled 'Dangerous Honesty' is soon to be released.

Keep your eyes peeled for order details, launch events and signings.

We are so excited for the impact that we believe this book is going to have.

11895960_945511108842761_246462225518141

I have to say I'm a little disappointed…I thought Karin's first book would have been called 2XL,how it all went wrong,lollipops & STD's!!!

FC people? You will also have Police analysts and Council trawling constantly. Either Officially or just out of curiosity. 

I am sure that the members and goings on will be monitored or if not it should be! Odd to if you ask me, but they have loads of money by the seem of it.

• 2 weeks later...