Freedom Church Back In The News.

dippyhippy

Hi Redbird, good to see you posting and adding your views to this thread.

I'm sure both Cambo and Denise understand the concept of giftaid. I think they are questioning the charitable status some organisations have been granted, in order to access this.

Where does all the money go??

In the case of Freedom Church, I can honestly say that I really don't know.

All I do know is there's an awful lot coming in.

It's gift aid!!! You can do it with any donation or payment..... Why shouldn't the church promote it? More money to do good things.

Yes if they are spending no less than 50% of the income they receive on charitable causes such as famine aid,soup kitchens,shelters for the homeless,disaster relief,helping those displaced through war,generally helping the sick the poor people who's daily life is a struggle etc!!!

But as they are intermittently entwined with NSC from South Carolina USA who only spend 9% of there income on charitable cause I dare say FC have the same policy so you have to ask what are they doing with the rest of it?

Are they lending money to members of the inner circle or those in the click? So that they set them up in business to enrich all the top lot????…if this is the case? Ask yourself this what would Jesus think of a church lending money for profit???

I see some charities using charity status as a tax scam to get rich on??!!…the whole industry of charities & that is what it has become a industry…(it would not surprise me if one of them floated on the stock market if it's not already happened??) Is in need of a overhaul tightening up of the rules & regulations!!!

Thankyou for the welcome!

I'm going to be honest and admit I attend Freedom church.

1. I think I'm normal (not a member of a cult)

2. I don't get pressured to tithe to them.

3. I feel that they are a great group of people who love Jesus and celebrate that fact.

So,has anyone actually attended a morning session at Freedom or watched it online or on TV? I'd be interested to know if you've actually been and your comments,feelings about what went on.

Hello Redbird, and you are very warmly welcomed here!

For my part, I have no issue with the "congregation" who attend, but I have significant concerns about the way this church is led, and how they recruit.

Could I be really cheeky, and ask your age and how long you've been a member?? Feel free to say no!

Thanks for answering!

I'd say that at 35, you know your own mind!

My concern is the recruitment techniques used on younger folks, and also how once they are "in", the tactics used to keep the within the Freedom Church fold, often isolating them from friends and family. I do have some experience of this first hand, as I posted on the first page of this thread.

(Were you asked/encouraged to tithe?? And have you agreed to this?? If so, how soon was this mentioned?? Again, feel free to disregard my nosy questions!)

The involvement of FC in local politics is also causing me concern.

I'm not against any form of religion.... each to their own as to what they believe in..... so long as it doesn't hurt anybody else, or take advantage of them.

I think Freedom Church are a very dubious organisation..... so we may have to agree to disagree on that point!

Tithing... The bucket gets passed around like it does in other churches etc. If you don't want to donate, then pass the bucket on. End of.

Everyone has their own opinion and beliefs indeed. We shall disagree on this topic!

Have a great day!

Tithing... The bucket gets passed around like it does in other churches etc. If you don't want to donate, then pass the bucket on. End of.

Everyone has their own opinion and beliefs indeed. We shall disagree on this topic!

Have a great day!

Yes but it's not just a bucket that gets passed around on a Sunday that people are tithing into? there are other ways in which people can tithe like online donations etc?

Still you don't say whether, or not you tithe yourself??

You have a great day too, Redbird, and I really hope you continue to post, it's always lovely to hear new members perspectives!

Hereford Voice has a variety of debates and discussions..... I'm sure we'll find that there are plenty of subjects where we have a similar point of view, but even if we don't, it's never a bad thing to throw a few ideas about!

Take care!

I do say each to their own when it comes to choosing religion or not - I am a not person - perhaps it's because I have seen the results of what religion can do in some Countries around the World . ( as is being proved at the moment )

I do recall somewhere that this Church were recently asked to leave the Swansea University because of high pressure " Sales " . My fear , if that was true , is that this Church is warming up to pounce on the new Students who intend attending the new Hereford University.

If i'm wrong , not the first time but just my feeling .

So,has anyone actually attended a morning session at Freedom or watched it online or on TV? I'd be interested to know if you've actually been and your comments,feelings about what went on.

I've never been to a service…but I have watched a number of there videos & in my opinion your pastas come across with what seems like a sales pitch to me not unlike something in the style of some salesmen at some vacuum cleaner convention?!!....Not as those preaching the word of Yeshua,jesus Christ,the messiah he has many names all are one & the same as is his message??!!…but there are those using his words & interpreting them so as to gain material wealth for themselves???…all i can say is Beware of false prophets!!!

It's gift aid!!! You can do it with any donation or payment..... Why shouldn't the church promote it? More money to do good things.

Just a thought Redbird but the Hereford Voice and Hereford Times have highlighted the issues relating to No. 1 Ledbury Road or Blackmarston School. Money and resources would be handy here.

Glad you think so Redbird after all what a fantastic way of silencing the doubting Thomas's but see Freedom Church invest in a cause which will have no financial gain other than to receive the eternal gratitude of these young people and their carers. Signing a petition is one thing but providing financial assistance is quite another and as the balence sheet shows you guys have a few quid in the bank plus of course it is known that a number of your members hold senior positions within health and social care.

It would be great to see if you could influence those further up the family group so to speak and look forward to seeing a significant donation to this great cause.

Of course I am also a sceptic.

I agree greenknight. Money and action is needed to help save these vital much needed services. I live not far from No. 1, I often see carers taking the children out for walks etc and it's fantastic. I've highlighted the service of fb and the need for help.

Can I just add, I'm not specifically a member, I attend the church but not every week. I have to work alot of Sundays. I would say I'm a frequent visitor.

I will of course though, highlight this if I can to such people within Freedom church but I'm sure they are aware of these things already.

Yey the sun is trying to make an appearance! 🌞☺

There are huge concerns over the Freedom Church. They worked their way in to high profile jobs within the council, most worryingly within Childrens Services and were awarded contracts to go in to schools to provide 'teaching' on sex education, it was found they were pressuring kids about sex within marriage, anti gay etc.

Many in the council were very concerned and raised objections and the contract was eventually removed.

Has anybody else heard this?…if so is there any truth in it?

While talk to a friend who's children go to Mordiford school,they told me that a member of FC, who's children also go to Mordiford.

That they had given bags or parcels of sweets to there children to give out to other kids in the school?…in with the sweets was a card inviting them to come along to Sunday school at freedom church?!

Oh good grief.

Wouldn't you have thought that Freedom Church members would have learnt a lesson?

Enticing school children to attend meetings with sweeties is never, ever going to be a good idea.

If this is/has happened, I would hope the headteacher, governors and other parents ensure that this practise is knocked on the head.

I once attended a church (work commitments) when it was mentioned that "A silent offering shall be presented tonight"

Indeed - no coins allowed! Is this not begging? I'm pretty certain that this Is true elsewhere too.

Oh and yes when I passed the plate there was at least £200 in it. Twenties mostly. Not bad for a few hours singing and reading.

There are huge concerns over the Freedom Church. They worked their way in to high profile jobs within the council, most worryingly within Childrens Services 

The internet reveals that on 9 June 2015 a new Head of Service for Looked After Children in Hereford was being sought. On a 3 month initial contract. The role has been filled the site says. I have no idea by whom. I have posted previously that the previous post holder had Freedom Church links .... I also have no idea about why she has apparently left that role.

Link

The internet reveals that on 9 June 2015 a new Head of Service for Looked After Children in Hereford was being sought. On a 3 month initial contract. The role has been filled the site says. I have no idea by whom. I have posted previously that the previous post holder had Freedom Church links .... I also have no idea about why she has apparently left that role.

Link

Interesting roger I wonder where Jo king is off to?could it be Cardiff,Swansea or some other place FC have there sticky little fingers in?