Graffiti

Hereford Voice

We have noticed all this new graffiti locally, some will claim it is street art but the bottom line here is that this is plain criminal damage to someones property and this criminal damage costing the taxpayer thousands of pounds for the local council to clean it up.

1039769031_OvalGrafitti.thumb.jpg.a82df44c8013d47192eb212f4f6ded71.jpg

This has popped up at the Oval and along the Belmont Road over the past week.

On 09/12/2018 at 19:36, Robmozz said:

If it's genuine art and not on someone's property then I personally don't have a problem with it but these examples are just 'tagging' and look terrible. Surely the cctv at the commercial premesis at the oval would have recorded the culprits? 

Agree, also was this person doing this on their way home? If so, they could live in Newton Farm, just a thought..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Notice that there is spray can carrying **** making his mark in the Newton Farm area on fence posts and garage walls. With the council, housing associations and the police not acting the blight continues.

If it comes off this easy maybe the council should have a unit to deal with this common nuisance.

And if they catch anyone they can also give them a good hosing down.

• 4 months later...
23 hours ago, Hereford Voice said:

It has taken 8 months but finally the council have removed this Graffiti on the Belmont road today.

Grafitti.thumb.jpg.c3ca68489cc0a850d3418ccd42b45adc.jpg

I asked Herefordshire council who was going to remove these tags when they first appeared.

They try and contact the owner of privately owned land giving them three weeks to remove,if they don't the council will remove and send them the bill for doing so.

2 hours ago, ragwert said:

I asked Herefordshire council who was going to remove these tags when they first appeared.

They try and contact the owner of privately owned land giving them three weeks to remove,if they don't the council will remove and send them the bill for doing so.

So it this not a council wall? 

The police don’t deal with the perpetrators effectively when caught. I was working security for a well known establishment in town. And the toilettes were hit. A week later I saw a melt spraying the same tag on a council bin in commercial road. As I had the cctv radio, I was able to call it in. He was watched and apprehended trying to enter another establishment. He had a black bag with 7 spray cans in. There was evidence of him committing the act. Evidence of the previous act. Yet the police let him go and no charges ever got brought.