Planning Approved for 65 Bed Premier Inn Hotel in Blackfriars St

Hereford Voice

• 3 months later...
On 20/03/2018 at 08:49, SON OF GRIDKNOCKER said:

Ticks all the boxes, including the one marked: "Looks like an army barracks".

It's a hotel...

I am sure it will look a lot better than is there currently, hopefully this will encourage HFC to tidy up the stadium

• 11 months later...

Punters' are after cheap and cheerful functioning rooms. This facility ticks those boxes. Guests will not be arsed if a 'brick' could have been selected more carefully to make the building look more aesthetic. What people want is a painless hotel experience. And wi fi. That aside .... The appearance and design is poor here. In fact dreadful. In my opinion.

As for use of the site ..... It could have been used for permanent social [flats] housing for people on some sort of list. But it's a hotel. The option chosen is low risk. Promotes tourism. Keeps out riff raff 'tenants'. 

On 12/03/2018 at 10:35, Hereford Voice said:

Once complete the hotel will employ around 25 people.

These places are run on a shoestring. I use them! There is an army of cleaners'. In my experience they [cleaners] all have a usual demographic. Minimal non cleaning staff up front. 

4 hours ago, twowheelsgood said:

Here's another. Look at the brickwork between the third and fourth bays from the left - the quoins are a  completely different coloured brick (that happens in the first photo above as well) it's not intentional, just no care in picking and sorting the bricks.

IMG_2285_(1).jpg

The constructed elevation does not match the plan in your first post [pic] from the plan!