No gritting again!

Colin James

This is the main bus route into Belmont Abbotsmead Road taken at 12noon today.

abbot2.jpg

Abbotsmead Road.jpg

This is the junction of Whitefriars Road

whitefriars road.jpg

This is Sydwall Road leading into Glastonbury Close

sydwall road.jpg

This is Glastonbury Close, which is on a slope and as you can imagine it's like a sheet of glass.

glastonbury close.jpg

I have also driven around the estate and it's the same story all over, including all the main bus routes.

The same in Dorchester Way, Waterfield Road and Brampton Road, Newton Farm.

This is the main bus route into Belmont Abbotsmead Road taken at 12noon today.

post-2-1330295461429_thumb.jpg

This is the junction of Whitefriars Road

This is Sydwall Road leading into Glastonbury Close

HEREFORD ACCESS FOR ALL May Fair Leaflet.doc

This is Glastonbury Close, which is on a slope and as you can imagine it's like a sheet of glass.

June 2011.pdf

I have also driven around the estate and it's the same story all over, including all the main bus routes.

The same in Dorchester Way, Waterfield Road and Brampton Road, Newton Farm.

I received the following reply to my request for gritting bus routes in Belmont

Hello Cllr Powell

The service is working to a 'constrained' model at the moment which means that we are only gritting primary routes. However, I will ask that these areas are done as soon as we move into normal service.

best wishes

Michelle Morgan

Customer Service manager/Amey

END

Same answer then really, I am not being negative as I appreciate that they are under some pressure currently but we have the same issues year after year, it's about time we became more prepared as snow in this country is not something that is new. There has clearly been a constant change in the weather pattern over the past 8 years or more and still the whole place comes to a stand still. It will be floods next.

Same answer then really, I am not being negative as I appreciate that they are under some pressure currently but we have the same issues year after year, it's about time we became more prepared as snow in this country is not something that is new. There has clearly been a constant change in the weather pattern over the past 8 years or more and still the whole place comes to a stand still. It will be floods next.

Exactly right that is :Thumbs-Up:

At the last Belmont parish council meeting begining of this month the paish chairman Cllr Edwards said he had requested grit bins to be placed on Belmont estate, if you live in Belmont ask him where they are!

Are they going to place them on the other estates too?

i have requested some for Newton Farm and Hunderton, so far none have been placed anywhere in Belmont Ward.

I have been advised this morning by Amey that at the moment grit stocks are running low, there is enough grit for another twelve days for whole of Herefordshire as it stands, but they are expecting another delivery before Christmas and again end of January 2011.

i have requested some for Newton Farm and Hunderton, so far none have been placed anywhere in Belmont Ward.

I have been advised this morning by Amey that at the moment grit stocks are running low, there is enough grit for another twelve days for whole of Herefordshire as it stands, but they are expecting another delivery before Christmas and again end of January 2011.

End of January? be too late then! this country is never prepared! :Angry_32: floods next and they won't be ready for that either.

• 6 years later...

Seven years on and still the same story - no gritting on the estate roads, especially those roads which are on slopes and accessing the main Belmont road. Have the council got no quad bikes with spreaders attached to reach the estate roads? I have just about walked down and back to Widemarsh Common along Great Western Way taking me two hours, was passed by three cyclists one of whom had fallen off and a few pedestrians struggling to maintain their balance. Lot of ambulance sirens Why they couldn't grit the GWW at least, bearing in mind this is a main artery to get you into the city. The route is wide enough for a gritting lorry, just no one thinks about the possibilities of many more personal accidents waiting to happen to block up A&E at the hospital. Of course for those sitting in their mobile living rooms cruising up and down the main roads - no problem - what's the fuss about?

I have just rang Hereford City council as they are the parish council for Newton Farm, requesting grit bin for the following streets The Oval, Charlton Ave, Masefield Ave, one each end of Waterfield Rd, and one each end of Brampton Rd, in other words the bus route, they told me they pass my request onto Cllr Edward, I won't hold my breath waiting!!!

Well i expect the buses are not running because of the state of the roads and

HARC is open today, but we have had to close the carpark. We have been advised that it isn’t safe to have cars in there today as they will not get back out.  But the buses are running. Keep up to date with Herefordshire Council live updates http://socsi.in/HfdsCouncil_pC7Je â€¦

Yes something has been putting grit down on our roads in Kingstone - the roads are still not the best but it has made it a lot safer around here.  Well done to the guys and gals who have worked out in this crap weather to make life a lot easier for so many folk - that is all sectors from farmers to carers - you name it if they have made the effort thank you