Hunderton Bridge Hereford - >>>Update!<<<

Victor Wright

Amey have come back today, this is now logged but I have requested when they intend to visit the site and make an assessment on the work requirements.

As promised I will post any updates as soon as they reply

Adrian, I also reported the bridge work on Sunday by email after my inspection of GWW,Shaw walkway and around the Belmont Pools. I was advised on Monday morning that all work has been sent to relevant people for action.

• 2 weeks later...

I walked along the old railway lines this afternoon and this is still the same (Dangerous) 3 weeks after it was first reported! :Thumbs-Down: You would think that this would be a priority

Still the same today, almost a month ago this was reported! I sincerely hope no kids decide to play on the bridge eh :Sad_32:

Oh My God! I think I have seen it all now!! I really cannot believe this I am shocked to say the least...this dangerous fence was reported over a month ago, and up until recently nothing had been done about it. I have just come back from my walk along the GWW and see that it has been repaired at last...

post-109-0-59834500-1355469003.jpg

post-109-0-56521400-1355469016.jpg

This is unbelievable! how can someone be so incompetent? and the best part is that they could not even be bothered to cut the excess from the cable ties!! yes plastic cable ties, I am totally lost for words. Surely Amey never did this work, did they??

The Hereford Times will love this one I am sure.

Oh My God! I think I have seen it all now!! I really cannot believe this I am shocked to say the least...this dangerous fence was reported over a month ago, and up until recently nothing had been done about it. I have just come back from my walk along the GWW and see that it has been repaired at last...

This is unbelievable! how can someone be so incompetent? and the best part is that they could not even be bothered to cut the excess from the cable ties!! yes plastic cable ties, I am totally lost for words. Surely Amey never did this work, did they??

Unreal!! I have no words.. :Angry:

As nobody seems to read updates (that is when a story re-appears back to the top, it means someone has replied to it, regardless of how old the topic is. So if you see a topic re-appear at the top please read it)I have created this addtional post at Victors request;

hundertonbridege2.jpg

As nobody seems to read updates (that is when a story re-appears back to the top, it means someone has replied to it, regardless of how old the topic is. So if you see a topic re-appear at the top please read it)I have created this addtional post at Victors request;

I spoke to Amey officers on Friday advising them to do the work properly not with plastic tapes. I will be checking to see if the work has been done.

Thank you Colin fr re posting this. Glenda I still cannot believe that a body like Amey could allow such amateur practices. Lets see what they do now.

Glenda, I also saw you in the Hereford Times this week from 1987!!

Victor, yes lets see what they do now. I saw the picture in HT, but I cannot see myself on it only three of my relations.

• 3 weeks later...

Have spoken with Amey today, they have made the bridge safe with wire netting, they advised they will renew fencing completely in April 2112 out of their next year budget, but will be keeping regular checks in the meantime.

Comes to something when keeping within a budget is more important than preventing a serious hazard for kids, I mean, wire netting..come on! :Thumbs-Down:

To be honest when I saw this picture I also thought it was you Cllr, glad you cleared that up then.

Frank- looking at the picture again I recognise the lady in the picture she lives in South Wye and is in her 90s now. I just wonder how many more people thought that it was me because if so, other than the people who support me, then no one really knows who I am!

Frank- looking at the picture again I recognise the lady in the picture she lives in South Wye and is in her 90s now. I just wonder how many more people thought that it was me because if so, other than the people who support me, then no one really knows who I am!

Glenda, your picture is in the paper more times than I can remember, looking again now I can see that she is older than you but at first glance she does resemble you.