Cllr Polly Andrews Talking Rubbish!

County Councillor for Widemarsh Polly Andrews in her recent new letter has criticised the fantastic work achieved by the City Council in providing a memorial bench sited at the recently restored War Memorial on Widemarsh Common.

How anyone in her position can possibly justify complaining about a beautiful bench? Which is a place for contemplation of our lost heroes during the two World Wars.

We visited the memorial shortly after Armistice Day to see the recently added names from World War II and took these fabulous photographs in the Autumn sunshine and as you can clearly see there is no litter in site.

820385565_WidemarchWarMemorial.thumb.jpg.71575c0a88954f381cb1ee2c738762c1.jpg

2102660671_WidemarshCommonBench.thumb.jpg.34df70d2d9bce11550a6ce21ced3534a.jpg

• Like 3

This was County Councillor Polly Andrews Newsletter complaint...

We are curious to learn who are the residents that are apparently complaining? Because there are only two properties within close vicinity and the closest being a multi occupancy dwelling of which I have personal friends and they are certainly not the source.

This appears to be sour grapes from Polly Andrews putting a negative spin on only what could be a positive.

547807870_PollyAndrews-NovemberWidemarshFocus.thumb.jpg.138ad387fda7069da863102a5a675ce7.jpg

As a County Councillor surely it is her duty to contact Balfour Beatty about the alleged litter issue, We are confused with the link between a beautiful memorial bench and so called litter problem?

• Frustrated 1

What a petty, sniping stance by the Councillor. This childish point scoring between the City Council and the District Council has gone on since the day that Herefordshire Council came about and the City Council was demoted to a Parish. Both sides are equally guilty - I've seen it time and again in meetings and is partly a product of poor leadership and partly far too many Councillors with entrenched views in position for far too long - time for a huge clear-out in the elections next May please.

In the meantime, the Councillor's time would be better spent by challenging the £1m overspend on Blueschool House, which is in her ward and which she supported at the Planning application stage.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The city council have done a really good job here in restoring this treasured memorial and installing a bench.

I notice that Polly Andrews claims in her newsletter that she was not informed about the decision to place this bench here, why does she is need be be informed at all? The city council have obviously gained all the permission that were required from the county council in the first instance, maybe her colleagues forgot to let her know. :Vault: Definitley sour grapes, if the truth is known, she is moaning now because it was not her idea!

• Like 2

Where does she want this bench moved too? So to get this right, is she suggesting that merely because there is now a rather nice bench on the common is is encouraging people who litter? How ridiculous! In the time it took her to take the photograph on her newsletter she could have simply just picked up the small amount of litter.

I ride my bike home this way most nights and I do not recall seeing any additional litter since this seat was put here but even if this was the case (which I cannot see for the life of me) she should concentrate her efforts into catching the culprits and enforcement.

I am sure this has something to do with Andrew Wood and his 'litter loving credit scoring cronies' somewhere along the line, they are buddies, you can see that from all of his and her rantings over the past year. 

• Like 2

I walked across the common this afternoon, no litter anywhere near the memorial seat. I made a point of sitting down on it and credit where credit is due, the monument has been restored beautifully with all the names of the fallen in nice clear writing, really nice to see a nice project like this, well done to all involved in restoring these heroes names.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...